C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Dealer visit might make ur car unsafe!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63, 2004 S500, 2013 E350, 2013 Ody Elite
Dealer visit might make ur car unsafe!

I just had the worst service at my local MB Dealers @ WI Simonson.
Monday I took the car in for Service B and other 5 small issues. I can understand the problems can’t be fixed if not able to duplicate by technician. 2 unacceptable mistakes had occurred. 1st, Ashtray light bulb was not fix. Technician indicated he checked same model and my W203 doesn't have such a bulb in the ashtray on the repair invoice. Not true, I own two W203 at home so I know there is ashtray light.
2nd mistake (a major one), shift in driver seat cushion while braking. After the repair, the seat cushion no longer move but technician DID NOT TIE BACK 2 big screws behind the driver seat to hold the seat onto the car! The driver seat basically will flip forward. AMAZING!! If I did run into an accident, I will defiantly be facing a very serious injury! I found those screws underneath of rear floor mate after I got home today.
I can not believe what I’m getting after the service. A service that suppose to make my car and life safer but become more dangerous! At around $100/hr rate, this isn’t the quality I’m expecting from Mercedes dealer and jeopardize my TRUST to Mercedes as a whole. This also worries me that all items performed under Service B might need to recheck to make sure all screws, brake cable, locks, etc. are in correct place and secure. The technician should know all the require steps and QC should be perform after the service by 3rd person or advisor. Not sure this technician knows what he is doing but he is making my car more danger to drive for sure.
I will take my car in tomorrow morning requesting an apology and ask for safety check by other technician and advisor.
Hope this is just random occurance but be warn.
Attached Thumbnails Dealer visit might make ur car unsafe!-loose-screws.jpg  
Old 01-13-2005, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 778 Likes on 757 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
sorry to hear that... my service B is coming around the corner...
get that technician's name and let's start creating a blacklist
Old 01-13-2005, 01:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
man, that sucks. I agree with you. some techs are just dumb****s!

are you gonna call them up on it? good luck and let us know what happens.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:02 PM

2011 C63, 2004 S500, 2013 E350, 2013 Ody Elite
Brought my car in this morning, show them the unscrewed seat. Somehow the driver seat and steering can’t be adjust at all too (it's one of my initial complaint on monday they didn’t fix), so that’s perfect. The problem is DUPLICATE and both service advisor and manager saw it. Both of them apologized the mistake and telling me the tech who works on my car is one of the BEST….I’ll be damn?!
The advisor is giving me a complete complimentary interior & exterior detail and hopefully will be ready tomorrow. Well see how it goes…
Old 01-13-2005, 12:25 PM

C230 K
well that sucks. I agree, the techs sometimes seem clueless.

case in point, my instrument cluster. at a cost of roughly $1500 each, per my SA, i am now awaiting delivery of #5.

when they replace a cluster, they save the settings, install the new cluster and copy the settings back. well, with corrupted data, they were just copying the problem from one cluster to another. the clusters have to come programmed from MBUSA with mileage etc. it looks like you can only do this once to keep joe blow from reflashing a lower mileage on the cluster. so if you screw up the cluster, you have to get another.

it took a call to mb tech support by my dealer to figure this out.

so, including labor, more $ has been spent fixing issues on this car than i paid for it.

fun stuff.

i may just get a hyundai next.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Heck, on my first A service with my 2002 Coupe, they screwed up the oil change and didn't tighten the oil filter so my entire underside of my car was coated in oil. Most mechanics are not that sharp. They start off doing oil changes and minor stuff and graduate up to better stuff but if they are short handed they'll use the oil change monkey to do the harder stuff. Just remember, safety is not their priority, profits are. Your job is trust but verify. I check my oil after every oil change.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:14 PM

C230 K
Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
Heck, on my first A service with my 2002 Coupe, they screwed up the oil change and didn't tighten the oil filter so my entire underside of my car was coated in oil. Most mechanics are not that sharp. They start off doing oil changes and minor stuff and graduate up to better stuff but if they are short handed they'll use the oil change monkey to do the harder stuff. Just remember, safety is not their priority, profits are. Your job is trust but verify. I check my oil after every oil change.
ha! that happened to me too. oil everywhere. how could i have forgotten...
Old 01-13-2005, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Thank god you didn't get hurt....that was a law suit waiting to happpen..... I brought my $65k CLK in for tranmission work dun. THey kept it for 8 dayz. I got it back, as soon as i drove off the lot, the issue came right back...How upset I was....waiting all this time.... DOn't they go over what they fix? Verify that the issue is resolved??? Anyways, another 8 dayz go by, and they ended up replacing my transmission! When the MB dealship lady called me and ask how my service was, I gave them a terrible review! SOME IS GOING TO PAY! ahhaha 2 weeks with out my babi......thanks go i had rental!