C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Interior Xenon Lighting Kit

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-08-2005, 10:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, 2004.5 C230 Sport Sedan, 2005 E320 CDI, 2008 C300 4-Matic Luxury
well, after 4 e-mails i finally got a reply:

my e-mail to them:
Hey guys, just wondered if I could get an update as to what’s goin on, I’ve sent you guys 3 e-mails over the weekend and haven’t gotten any replies. Just wanted to make sure everything was goin alright.

their reply:
We have a 41mm bulb that we use for applications that require 44mm and 39mm. This will just mean slightly adjusting the bulb arms.

Please let us know how many bulbs you need, and again, please confirm your mailing address.

Also, let us know if you are interested in any Silver Xtreme bulbs for your car.

Thank you.

well, at least they're sending me bulbs, but now i dont even know if i want them anymore
Old 02-09-2005, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
Originally Posted by inFiniTE LooP
well, after 4 e-mails i finally got a reply:

my e-mail to them:
Hey guys, just wondered if I could get an update as to what’s goin on, I’ve sent you guys 3 e-mails over the weekend and haven’t gotten any replies. Just wanted to make sure everything was goin alright.

their reply:
We have a 41mm bulb that we use for applications that require 44mm and 39mm. This will just mean slightly adjusting the bulb arms.

Please let us know how many bulbs you need, and again, please confirm your mailing address.

Also, let us know if you are interested in any Silver Xtreme bulbs for your car.

Thank you.

well, at least they're sending me bulbs, but now i dont even know if i want them anymore
If I were you I would dispute the PayPal payment.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:41 AM

Xenon Interior Kits

Hello,

We were informed that their were some issues being discussed on this forum in respect to our product. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction, so we just wanted to join the discussion here in an attempt to resolve all issues.

Firstly, it appears that some buyers had issues with the wattage. We originally offered our Xenon Interior products in 10W, but there were issues with the life of the bulb. Despite what many believe, these 10W bulbs will create a greater deal of heat than the standard 10W bulb.

We will gladly send 10W replacements to any of our customers who are not totally satisfied with the current bulb output.

We thank you all again, and welcome all inquiries

Best regards,

Vision Bulbs
Old 02-12-2005, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally Posted by VisionBulbs_com
...Despite what many believe, these 10W bulbs will create a greater deal of heat than the standard 10W bulb. ...
But of course! If this is the case, either:

1. Your so-called "Xenon" bulbs are color-coated and therefore produce less visible light and more heat (since they still consume 10W) - it would be against the energy conservation law otherwise.

-or-

2. Your so-called "Xenon" bulbs are overwatted, which would certainly make them brighter and hotter. But then stop lying about them being 10W - post the real wattage.

Either way, it wouldn't hurt to explain that anyone who uses your bulbs is risking melting wires, housings and lenses of the respective lamps.

BTW, are you a sponsor of this board to post a message like this?
Old 02-12-2005, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Brabus K3
I don't think they need to be sponsor's, to offer some support.

If they need to be sponsor's, then will be better to folow the discusión on mbklasse.

Best Regards.
Old 02-12-2005, 05:26 PM

Xenon Interior

Originally Posted by vadim

But then stop lying about them being 10W - post the real wattage.
Hello,

It sounds as though you may have misunderstood our last message. We did not claim that our bulbs were 10W. We said that they are 5W, and that with a 10W, you run the risk of overheating.

[Deleted non-sponsor advertisement] ........... we will be offering free replacements to all of our customers that are not totally satisfied with the current bulbs.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Vision Bulbs
Old 02-12-2005, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Again, we are in the process of designing a Xenon bulb with a higher light output that will not overheat.
Sure, noble goal! To achieve it, though, you will have to disable a few laws of physics in the process. Science aside (who cares these days - ignorance rules the world) - are you saying that such companies as Philips, Sylvania and others that are hands down among the leading pack of the lighting industry, could not come up with this "bright Xenon" bulb, yet you are "almost there"?
Old 02-12-2005, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
im not a lighting expert, and dont pretend to be one. but from my reading on xenon bulbs in the past, doesnt brighter light create more heat in incadescent bulbs. real xenons have no filament, from my understanding they are filled with noble gases such as xenon, but require a ballast to ignite the gases in the bulb which creates the light. it is the lack of a filament that allows the bulb to be brighter, less power consumption and less output of heat.

im just gonna sit back and enjoy the thread.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Vadim is on a roll and this ought to be fun.

Old 02-12-2005, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Vadim is on a roll and this ought to be fun.

thats why im sitting back and enjoying this one Andy.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally Posted by CitronC230K_03
...doesnt brighter light create more heat in incandescent bulbs. real xenons have no filament, from my understanding they are filled with noble gases such as xenon, but require a ballast to ignite the gases in the bulb which creates the light. it is the lack of a filament that allows the bulb to be brighter, less power consumption and less output of heat.
Right on, Doug!!! These shameless liars expect their product to be bought just because of the magic word "Xenon". Please notice that the person posting on behalf of this "Vision Bulbs" outfit (whatever it is) has not responded to a single argument with even a hint of scientific - or even common sense - content. All he is doing is repeating, like a mantra, his salesman's line!

In a few words:

Xenon (gas) in an HID bulb is a working body where a bright arc (electrical discharge) occurs between two closely positioned electrodes; Such bulbs do not produce a lot of heat - the electrical energy gets transformed into visible light.

Xenon (gas) in a Halogen bulb is nothing but ballast (gas). It is the Halogen (gas) that does all the job. A Halogen bulb must be very hot for it to work. This is why it is less efficient as a lighting device: a good part of the electrical energy gets converted to heat, not visible light. Plus, the spectrum of the light a glowing filament produces is inherently more "red" compared to light produced by an arc bulb (HID). This is why they coat such bulbs in blue to suppress this "red" area of the spectrum. The price users pay for that is reduced light output and hotter bulb (since the light that the coated lens filters out gets trapped inside - the only way this energy can find its way out is heat).

Enough. If someone wants to keep getting robbed, go for it! No complaining to PayPal, etc. can possibly help: this is a scam. People who choose not to trust the knowledge still get this by experience sooner or later.

Last edited by vadim; 02-13-2005 at 12:39 AM.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:59 AM

Xenon Lighting

Originally Posted by vadim
Sure, noble goal! To achieve it, though, you will have to disable a few laws of physics in the process. Science aside (who cares these days - ignorance rules the world) - are you saying that such companies as Philips, Sylvania and others that are hands down among the leading pack of the lighting industry, could not come up with this "bright Xenon" bulb, yet you are "almost there"?
Hello Vadim,

Your raise a very valid point here in respect to companies not being able to produce a bright Xenon light. The problem is, 10W Xenon bulbs do produce a very good quality white light, but you do run the run of overheating. You can find many discussions online (possibly in this forum), where people have used 10W Xenon style bulbs, and have burned their light lenses.

Please place emphasis on my mention to Xenon style bulbs. Truth be told, there is no true Xenon style miniature lighting fixture. Anyone selling you this, is selling you swamp land. It's scientifically impossible to put enough gas into a small fixture as a festoon bulb and create Xenon. We do our best to create an uncanny representation of Xenon lighting. You will notice other leading companies such as PIAA, offer a similar Xenon style bulb, but in no way can it be compared to the quality of our products. Secondly, they do not stand behind their product with a lifetime gaurantee as we do. We are in the process of bringing back our 10W bulbs, but will be creating a larger cylindar to distribute the heat. The bulb will still get warm, but we are doing everything we can to make sure it does not have any adverse effects when installed.

We really are trying to satisfy our customers, and we do appreciate and try our best to address any questions or concerns you have. Automotive companies always bore the brunt of buyers criticism, but we areally do work hard to try to please all of our customers.

If there is anything else that you have questions about, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please note that we very rarely check up on posts in the forums, hence the delayed responses to many of these posts.

All of your inquiries can be more promptly addressed by contacting us directly

We look forward to serving all of you.

Best regards,

Vision Bulbs
Old 02-15-2005, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

this should be good, im anxious to read vadim's response!
Old 02-03-2007, 03:40 AM
Banned

05 C230
What are the bulb sz's and how do you install these ?
Old 02-03-2007, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by ultrac230
What are the bulb sz's and how do you install these ?
All of the bulb sizes are the same as the stock sizes, and we now offer brighter bulbs!

Be sure to check out our new line of HID kits and replacement bulbs.

As well, for al members of MBWorld forums, we offer you a 15% discount on any purchase made from our site: www.visionbulbs.com

Simple enter the following discount code at checkout: MBWORLD

Thank you all in advance
Old 02-03-2007, 03:42 PM

2012 MERCEDES CLS63 AMG
All of the bulb sizes are the same as the stock sizes, and we now offer brighter bulbs!

Be sure to check out our new line of HID kits and replacement bulbs.

As well, for al members of MBWorld forums, we offer you a 15% discount on any purchase made from our site: www.visionbulbs.com

Simple enter the following discount code at checkout: MBWORLD

Thank you all in advance
whats your warranty like for buying HID bulbs?
Old 02-03-2007, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by M230K
whats your warranty like for buying HID bulbs?
1 year warranty on all HID products.

Lifetime warranty on the Xenon Interior or Silver Xtreme.

Thanks in advance