C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C230K Burnouts and Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 230K Coupé
Well here's the VIDEO! Hope you guys all enjoy it . There will be more to come, also of other cars... have fun
Old 01-30-2005, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by r3v1ls
Well here's the VIDEO! Hope you guys all enjoy it . There will be more to come, also of other cars... have fun
Did you forget something? Link?
Old 01-30-2005, 07:19 PM

05-C230SC
Originally Posted by Outland
If youve got a 1.8 and an automatic...pretty much forget it unless you run all seasons on really glazed asphalt.
Apparently not... lol

I know I can get decent tire spin in my 05 "1.8SC with automatic" when ESP is off, and eason has the evidence:

Originally Posted by eason
M271 Auto Burnout
Old 01-30-2005, 07:21 PM

C 230K Coupé
Exclamation

Lol yah my bad! i was in such a hurry that i forgot to post the link .
Haha here it is enjoy c230k VIDEO
Old 01-30-2005, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lol yah my bad! i was in such a hurry that i forgot to post the link .
Haha here it is enjoy c230k VIDEO
Ha, nice. Now go to a large parking lot, and really let it out. When you were circling past the camera, that's were you would cut the wheel into the slide, and technically, "drift". Got to get both tires spinning, and CLEAN THOSE WHEELS
Old 01-30-2005, 08:41 PM

C 230K Coupé
Thx, yah i gotta get my baby washed, it's just been raining soo randomly that there's no point. We're looking for a more open safe place, was kinda hard to push the car there. Was my first time attempting sum donuts, if u got any suggestions on how to get both wheels spinning i'm all ears here
Old 01-30-2005, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thx, yah i gotta get my baby washed, it's just been raining soo randomly that there's no point. We're looking for a more open safe place, was kinda hard to push the car there. Was my first time attempting sum donuts, if u got any suggestions on how to get both wheels spinning i'm all ears here
I've got the stick, but basically, the easiest way, is to turn the wheel to full lock and punch the gas. As the *** end comes around, turn into the slide, and you'll drift then straighten out. Keep it locked for some nasty doughnuts.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:46 AM

C 230K Coupé
hey i tried out during the burnout the way i read above by using a lil bit of break to lock the front tires. First time it went well, now the second time and after, everytime i put a lil bit of break it would cut the throttle.. wut's up wit that? i had ESP off, think i'd need to go into the dynometer mode? Just wondering...
Old 01-31-2005, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey i tried out during the burnout the way i read above by using a lil bit of break to lock the front tires. First time it went well, now the second time and after, everytime i put a lil bit of break it would cut the throttle.. wut's up wit that? i had ESP off, think i'd need to go into the dynometer mode? Just wondering...
dyno mode, disabled at the dash, ESP is still there....
Old 01-31-2005, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

HA- Here's how you really do it. This is hardcore..

http://bar-club.com/movies/lancia.mpeg
Old 01-31-2005, 02:52 PM
Banned

I drive a 2002 C200 SC and I think I managed to do a burn out with it couple weeks ago.
well, maybe worse than a burn out.

it was a little bit cool that evening and I was on my way back home. I filt my car is faster than usual and just little touch on the gas would make the car fly.

before I enter the area where I live there is a U turn I have to take. usually when I stop there I'd turn off the ESP to get that little tires sound. just little, before the ESP kick back again and ruins everything.

SO, here is what happened on that day, I was in the U turn, in front of me two cars. I turned off esp, cd and opened the windows (cuz that is the only way i'll be able to hear my tires)
check out this sketch:

1) i exited the U turn at around 15km/h. usually I take off from stall so I go full throttle, but not this time.
2) i felt my car is going fast and i'm not even half throttle, so i stepped all the way down on the gas. and i heard that promised sound. Cool
and just as I started to smile out of joy, the car all of a sudden jumped to the left and I was steering fast to the right.
3) for a moment I thought I gained control over the car and the ‘thing’ is over but just split of a second again and the car jumped to the other direction (4)
5) that’s when I thought I’m gonna have an accident, to my right was a HUMMER (H2) closing at me and in front of me was the pavement. Just little touch on the break and more steering and I managed to gain control over the car and take the right turn.

Hmmm, why did that happen? I think because I turn the steering wheel too much when I was supposed to do only one full steer or something?

Well, now I stopped doing crap like that… until I get my 350z :p
Old 01-31-2005, 02:55 PM
Banned

by the way, i drove back to the location and saw tire marks at point 3 or 2
Old 01-31-2005, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Oil Change
IHmmm, why did that happen? I think because I turn the steering wheel too much when I was supposed to do only one full steer or something?

Well, now I stopped doing crap like that… until I get my 350z :p
Yes, you over corrected. I did this exact thing towards a bunch of people exiting a tight slolom autocrossing. In your sketch, I realized I was heading towards the tent a point 3. I straightened out and got my best time of the day and a 2nd place trophy. Would've been first if this didn't happen.

Your 350Z. It won't break loose as easily, but when it does... you're gone. You will spin.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:07 PM

C 230K Coupé
Next say i'm going up to my friend's again and we're gonna go to a big open parking lot. Our cars our gonna consist of a c230k, a rx-8 and a sl500, so def gonna have sum cool vids.
When i press the brake while also pressing on the gas in first gear, it cuts off my throttle for about 3-4 seconds... wut's up with that? I'm trying to do a burnout by locking the front tires and spinning the rears, but as soon as i touch the brake it'll just kill the throttle. Is that the BAC, ESP or ABS at work? Would i need to go into DYNO test mode to be able to do that?
Old 02-01-2005, 09:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C320 Coupe
Yah Clutch slip is probably worse on the clutch cuz u would be burning it. I'm guessin the reason it is soo hard to do burnouts on the c230's is because of the grippy rubber. The car has enough power to spin the tires, it's got more torque than horses . I'm still wondering if the car restricts high RPM clutch drops. I live in LA so it's uhh little hard to race anything in all this traffic and all the cops :-/. And i've never taken it to a track. I'll hopefully get a vid this weekend or the next.
I've heard the computer limits RPMs to 4K when the clutch is disengaged. Personnaly I stopped sidestepping the clutch at age 16. It's really, really hard on the drive train. Slipping the clutch isn't too bad as long as you don't let it get hot. It will wear it out sooner though. Oddly, I get much better times if I rev it up and slip the clutch a little bit. It will Lurch forward like there's no tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TNblkc230wz
I've heard the computer limits RPMs to 4K when the clutch is disengaged. Personnaly I stopped sidestepping the clutch at age 16. It's really, really hard on the drive train. Slipping the clutch isn't too bad as long as you don't let it get hot. It will wear it out sooner though. Oddly, I get much better times if I rev it up and slip the clutch a little bit. It will Lurch forward like there's no tomorrow.
This is the fast way to do this. That is why. With sticker rubber, the clutch drop works much the same, but (such as in my case) when you have a very hardcore clutch and pressure plate, and competition rubber, you launch even faster, you still need to feel for tire slip and depress a little again, but you can really get **** moving.

r3v1ls-
DYNO MODE!!!!
Old 02-02-2005, 02:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, 2004.5 C230 Sport Sedan, 2005 E320 CDI, 2008 C300 4-Matic Luxury
Originally Posted by nukblazi
HA- Here's how you really do it. This is hardcore..

http://bar-club.com/movies/lancia.mpeg
ROFL, holy crap!!! was that really a contest!? if so, wth was it for!?
Old 02-02-2005, 02:26 AM

C 230K Coupé
Hey thx for the info, my friends and I sorta started a driving enthusiasts club SoCal Frenzy . The site is still under construction, but it contains some pretty awesome vids found on the internet and some home made ones. A domain name will soon be acquired, but for now that's all we got
Old 02-02-2005, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey thx for the info, my friends and I sorta started a driving enthusiasts club SoCal Frenzy . The site is still under construction, but it contains some pretty awesome vids found on the internet and some home made ones. A domain name will soon be acquired, but for now that's all we got
I checked out your site. Go get these videos and host them... trust me

R32 Snow drift
http://www.ctdubs.com/video/blizzard/StewDrifting.wmv

Collection of Rally Vids
http://www.rallyalbum.hu/video.htm

Old school Beatle Drifting
http://www.volksworld.com/content/down/kreiskuke.wmv
http://www.volksworld.com/content/down/kreiskuke2.wmv

The "Durocco"- dual engine snow drifting
http://www.durocco.com/Video/Snow_Day_05_rev1.wmv

Dumbass BMW driver, good but dangerous and stupid drift, idoit at end laughing like a girl
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/bmwdrift.html

I will dig up some others... Vid's of the swiss 2 engine AWD GTI and of the insane Turbo E30...
Old 02-02-2005, 01:02 PM

02 ML320 Sport
i have an auto
i just turn ESP off and floor it