C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Why Is My New 05 C230 Ss So Slooooowwwww!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cclass05
Originally Posted by sick_benz
Im feeling like my 05 C230 has become slow due to the Kompressor Supercharger loss of power. Im checking it into the dealer. Hopefully I can get a replacement since the car is still under warranty.
some times my car feels very slow too one time i was going 35mph n i had to pass a car so i can go right on the light and i stepped on it and my car was not pullin took me 3 seconds to go from 35mph to 45mph i dunno wtf it does it a lot and some times it pulls a lot some times it does not

Last edited by slammedcclass; 01-22-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a toy
The 06 is very weak off the line compared to the Kompressors, because of low torque and a tight converter. Instant WOT is basically a smooth startoff. Off the line, it takes a couple seconds until it's able to move, and that lasts only until about 70mph.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:37 PM

2006 C230SS Blue/Black, 2003 SL500 Silver/Black
Originally Posted by BabyBenz6spd
The "chip" by itself can only maximize the performance of what this car's got. I've never had experience with a chip Mercedes's before (This is my first Benz), Personally I had more experience with Japanese cars.......but either way Chip should have the same function to all cars (Since its just a reprogrammed ECU)

When a car is "chipped" it usually does the following,

-Spray more fuel and taking in more air for the combustion process (Limited by the size of the fuel injector)
-Advance Timing (More complete combustion)
-More boost (Needs a lighter and/or smaller pulley to be efficient)
-Remove the 130MPH limitation
-Raises Fuel cut off
-Improve engine response

In simple words, a chip alone CAN increase HP and engine response, but works most efficently if the other parts of the engine is also "upgraded" thus the parts are up to the "tasks" of what the ECU is "telling it to do".

and the answer to your question is "Yes", it will improve the overall performance of your car. In terms of Engine response, and probably 10HP gain from the chip.
You cannot change the boost levels with a chip alone. That applies to turbos whereas the boost levels are determined by the ECU. On a SC car, it requires a smaller pulley in order to increase boost levels (boost is directly proportional to pulley size as it is the diameter that determines PSI levels).

You are correct about the rest with the following additions:

1. Changes the fuel mapping system. Changes fuel pressure, timing (advancing or retarding the ignition based on the desired fuel curve).

2. Changes the REV limiter to a higher level.

3. Changes shift points (on an automatic transmission).
Old 01-27-2007, 06:34 PM

2005 C230 SS
hmm...ok ive read this thread and similar ones. ok i KNEW this car wasnt fast when i bought, for its price range there are MANY other cars that will smoke our 'baseline' c230k. Neon, wrx, G35 sedan etc etc. I got this car not because i wanted speed, if i did i would have easily gotten a used Supra Turbo few mods and bam! Come on guys, i know all of you knew this car wasnt fast when u got it, and its EXTREMELY expensive to make slighty faster. for what i do (drive to work, some errands) car is plently fast. i dont know about the topic starter, but i feel the car actually pulls better after 80mph and it feels really nice at high speeds. comming from a 1996 4cyl accord this is a blessing for me . Im not racing anymore so i guess trying to modify this car to be fast is not really that important anymore.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by drho2004
hmm...ok ive read this thread and similar ones. ok i KNEW this car wasnt fast when i bought, for its price range there are MANY other cars that will smoke our 'baseline' c230k. Neon, wrx, G35 sedan etc etc. I got this car not because i wanted speed, if i did i would have easily gotten a used Supra Turbo few mods and bam! Come on guys, i know all of you knew this car wasnt fast when u got it, and its EXTREMELY expensive to make slighty faster. for what i do (drive to work, some errands) car is plently fast. i dont know about the topic starter, but i feel the car actually pulls better after 80mph and it feels really nice at high speeds. comming from a 1996 4cyl accord this is a blessing for me . Im not racing anymore so i guess trying to modify this car to be fast is not really that important anymore.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:07 PM

2002 C32, 2011 VW GTI
Originally Posted by doctamb
Hello everyone,
I just bought my new c230 and I previously owned a 99 c230 k. I love the new cars looks and handling as well as the attention factor, but the car just feels like it dies after 80 mph and struggles to get to 100. Now in it's defense I did put an upsolute chip in the 99 2.3 l version and that is probably why I notice the difference with the new one so much. Don't get me wrong though off the line this car has definite heart especially using the manumatic, which I am still trying to master. However, I recently raced some cheap saturn with a very loud muffler. I assume these cars are also four cylinders and off the line I killed the dude. But by 80mph it's almost as if my car would not go faster..... WTF. If it wasn't for the end of the straightaway that saturn may have caught up to me. I don't usually race, especially cheapos like that, but he asked for it- sucka! lol

Now I know all about the kleemans and the renntechs and I am very well read around this forum especially about the c class. I've also driven every single amg c class except the current c55 badboy. I want to chip this little 1.8 but I do not want to be dissappointed with the results. Has anyone done any mods to this engine at cheap prices that were worth it? Looking to spend under 2000 overall and it's a lease so mods need to be conspicuous if I should even do it at all.

I am having regrets as far as cars performance guys!!!! help! Other contenders I almost bought were 02 C32 amg 17000 miles, but involved in accident, 04 g35 coupe, bmw 330- great ride, but mb fan and outdated style, and a 99 clk 55 amg too much money. So it was really between this car and the g35 coupe which I love, but its still a nissan rebadged and mb Rockkkkkks! Oh and I also considered a c43, but outdated and felt like I had the same car although with a missle rocket attatched to it's ***, lol. ANy advice ?
Woooo. You got smacked down by a Saturn. That's like getting beat by the KC Royals
Old 01-30-2007, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by Slater126
Woooo. You got smacked down by a Saturn. That's like getting beat by the KC Royals
Some Saturns are down right fast.

The first generation Saturn SC whooped the Acura Integra of its day, hands down. The L300 had a seriously underated V6, much faster than you would think. The ION Redline Quad Coupe goes to sixty in 6 flat, and running 144 flat out. Even the VUE, with that high winding Honda V6 is a decent performer. New AURA is pretty darn fast as well, runs to 60 in just over 6 seconds. The SKY Turbo is just as fast as an SLK350 or C350.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:15 AM

BMW 135i
C 200 K - M 271 1,8 l - 4V
Increase in performance to 176 kW (240 HP) at 5900 rpm, 300 Nm at 4800 rpm
modification:
engine conversion with special pistons, high performance camshafts, intercooler,
manifold s/s, metal catalytic converters and complete exhaust system s/s,
adaptation of ECU, thermostat and sport air filter, Vibration damper with bigger rimdisc. MKB 271 24
Increase in performance to 148 kW (201 HP) at 5900 rpm, 285 Nm at 4800 rpm

modification:
adaptation of ECU, intercooler, sports air filters, thermostat, installation kit

http://www.mkb-power.de/pages_en/pro...prod_gruppe=11

can i get that in the US
Old 01-31-2007, 01:32 AM
Almost a Member!

'98 BMW 540iA ZSP, '94 BMW 530iA (sold)
Originally Posted by doctamb
Hello everyone,
I just bought my new c230 and I previously owned a 99 c230 k. I love the new cars looks and handling as well as the attention factor, but the car just feels like it dies after 80 mph and struggles to get to 100. Now in it's defense I did put an upsolute chip in the 99 2.3 l version and that is probably why I notice the difference with the new one so much. Don't get me wrong though off the line this car has definite heart especially using the manumatic, which I am still trying to master. However, I recently raced some cheap saturn with a very loud muffler. I assume these cars are also four cylinders and off the line I killed the dude. But by 80mph it's almost as if my car would not go faster..... WTF. If it wasn't for the end of the straightaway that saturn may have caught up to me. I don't usually race, especially cheapos like that, but he asked for it- sucka! lol

Now I know all about the kleemans and the renntechs and I am very well read around this forum especially about the c class. I've also driven every single amg c class except the current c55 badboy. I want to chip this little 1.8 but I do not want to be dissappointed with the results. Has anyone done any mods to this engine at cheap prices that were worth it? Looking to spend under 2000 overall and it's a lease so mods need to be conspicuous if I should even do it at all.

I am having regrets as far as cars performance guys!!!! help! Other contenders I almost bought were 02 C32 amg 17000 miles, but involved in accident, 04 g35 coupe, bmw 330- great ride, but mb fan and outdated style, and a 99 clk 55 amg too much money. So it was really between this car and the g35 coupe which I love, but its still a nissan rebadged and mb Rockkkkkks! Oh and I also considered a c43, but outdated and felt like I had the same car although with a missle rocket attatched to it's ***, lol. ANy advice ?
Dude, 189 HP 192 ft/lbs: it's not a fast car.