C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

How dissapointing....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
You're a total moron. I could call a Mercedes a Chrysler but that would make me as clueless as you. Audis are quality cars for those who value understatement. I have been assured I'm first on the list at my dealers for next year's RS6 and have no doubts about handing over a cheque for $100k.

Mercs are very nice too, and other informed members of this board realize that the choice between Audi, BMW and Mercedes is one of personal preference.

Choosing between an E63, M5 and RS6 it is impossible to make the wrong choice. I would say the same when chosing between a A4 2.0, 325 and C240 too. They are all safe and stylish.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
[QUOTE=GDawgC220;2267166]
Originally Posted by alchang32

Not 100%...they still have a part in Chrysler, somewhere around 20%.
I second that.

Oh well, Audi owners can always rest peacefully knowing on average, Audi owners are more highly educated when compared to the average BMW and Mercedes driver. No offense Merc and Bimmer drivers, it's just statistics. Ironically, the most highly educated people I know drive Lexus vehicles.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by patrick_y
Ironically, the most highly educated people I know drive Lexus vehicles.
Ok so you are making these statements based on your observations and not fact?

Last edited by pmb600; 06-13-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
[QUOTE=pmb600;2268377]

Ok so you are making these statements based on your observations and not fact?
Eh? I didn't make that statement yet it quoted me
Old 06-13-2007, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Sorry about that, if you look at patricks post right above mine, there is something with "quote" with your name. The system misinterpreted you as the original author when I replied.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:25 PM

2011 E-class coupe, 2012 C-class
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
You're a total moron. I could call a Mercedes a Chrysler but that would make me as clueless as you. Audis are quality cars for those who value understatement. I have been assured I'm first on the list at my dealers for next year's RS6 and have no doubts about handing over a cheque for $100k.

Mercs are very nice too, and other informed members of this board realize that the choice between Audi, BMW and Mercedes is one of personal preference.
Are you comparing the RS6 to the C-class? All the RS/S cars are great cars but Im talking about the A4 compared to the C-class. Having testdriven both the new W204 and eg. a A4 2.0T, I can easily conclude that the A4 is a toy car built on VW components.

Understatement?? Thats a good one haha, thats what all people who buy an Audi want you to think
Old 06-13-2007, 07:39 PM

2011 E-class coupe, 2012 C-class
[QUOTE=patrick_y;2267671]
Originally Posted by GDawgC220
I second that.

Oh well, Audi owners can always rest peacefully knowing on average, Audi owners are more highly educated when compared to the average BMW and Mercedes driver. No offense Merc and Bimmer drivers, it's just statistics. Ironically, the most highly educated people I know drive Lexus vehicles.
Not sure how things are over there, but here (special cars like the MB AMG, BMW M-models, Audi S/RS- models are not included in this):

Mercedes, If you're wealthy and have been so for years (own business)

BMW, if you're newly rich or very young (own business /sales or executive position)

Audi, If made it past middleclass (employee)

Saab, if you have a masters degree or above (employee)
Old 06-13-2007, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by AsianML
I got the point, just pointing out the little mistake.
mistake? they started as MY 1998, didn't they? so they came out in late 1997? so how many days was I off by with my statement?
Old 06-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by ZedStyle
mistake? they started as MY 1998, didn't they? so they came out in late 1997? so how many days was I off by with my statement?
The concept of the W163 began in 1993, the first one rolled out of MBUSI in Feb. 1997. Like I said, a little mistake, whatever.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by AsianML
The concept of the W163 began in 1993, the first one rolled out of MBUSI in Feb. 1997. Like I said, a little mistake, whatever.
but definitely one worth nit-picking, for shizzle
Old 06-15-2007, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
I am disappointed with new C too. Actually interior looks just fine and I like that MB is finally convinced to use iDrive like system. It's really cool. Regarding exterior I completely agree that Pontiac Solstice (Sky) looks much better than C and SLK. However if you sit in it, it's really cheap, no soft leather, navigation, iDrive, power/heated seats,wood and so on. So I probably will still choose SLK for roadster and C as entry level sedan. Again MB has more prestige.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:05 AM

Lexus GS 450h
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Spoonie
All cars these days are disappointing. Can you name a newly released car that isn’t disappointing?

Case and point:

The BMW 3-Series are ugly and have horrible interiors with only two plain gauges, there isn’t a temp gauge or a oil-dipstick, and they force you into the not-ready-for-prime-time super expensive run-flats tires.

The New Audi A5 is underpowered and expensive.

The New Audi S5 is overpriced and is a gas guzzler.

The new G35 has handling problems (when pushed), doesn’t offer a fold-down rear seat option as well as no sunshade option.

The Lexus IS 350 gets sloppy when pushed, has a cheap looking interior (that has everyone fooled into thinking it is top quality). You have to jump though hoops to disable the traction control (although I hear that the 07 are different).

The Acura TL is FWD, enough said.

I’m in the process of buying a new car but every car that I’m looking at is loaded with disappointing compromises.
Clearly BUYERS disagree, all those cars sales are higher than ever. You may not like them but thousands of people do every month.

That being said, the previous C-class, TO ME, looked PERFECT. The new one, like a Kia or Hyundai with an Accord interior. Yuck.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:59 AM

BMW 330i
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Clearly BUYERS disagree, all those cars sales are higher than ever. You may not like them but thousands of people do every month.
I don’t like to associate myself with the masses. The cars that sell the most (Camrys) are the most boring cars. If that defines “BUYERS” I’m not a part of that group.

You know what they say about the masses? The Masses are asses.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Buyers disagree because they have money and need just new cars. Whatever be offered, will be consumed. A good example, I was waiting for next gen of Jaguar S type, because I have seen a prototype, however it never came out, so I had to buy whatever was available. Let's say least less ugliest among of ugly ducks.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
[QUOTE=AR.Shah;2268420]

Not sure how things are over there, but here (special cars like the MB AMG, BMW M-models, Audi S/RS- models are not included in this):

BMW, if you're newly rich or very young (own business /sales or executive position)

We're talking in the United States. In Europe, it's still a different story.

Of course, these are just statistics, they really don't mean anything. There are always exceptions to the rule and they shouldn't be taken as always the case.

BTW, the quoting system is confounded. I'm quoting AR.Shah, not myself.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by pitlia3a
I would like to convey my utter dismay at the new C-Class. Without having looked at in the flesh (not that it would make a difference) the car looks awful! This constant cost cutting by these so called premium brand manufacturers is ruining I believe their reputation and pushing others further up, namely Audi which still produces top quality cars.

Mercedes wake up...
No body likes I-drive!
Why change the dash in the new S and Cl to resemble the 7-series?
There is nothing wrong with CLK; E-Class; ML and GL; previous C-Class. Why not stick with that.

I will always have true loyalty to Mercedes Benz but only until they don't completely stuff it up!
Someone has been reading too many car magazines and takes what they say to be the golden rule. Grow some nuts/bolts/screws and make some decisions on your own.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:56 AM

2008 C350 and 2003 Z4 3.0
pitlia3a "We are all entitled to our opinions."

True but we are also entitled not to have to read rubbish. If you do not like the W204 then don't buy one. Go to a forum that better fits your taste. You are just wasting space here. I notice that you did not post what you drive, are you that a shamed of whatever it is?
Old 01-05-2008, 07:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
c300 sport
are u ***** mf'n kidding me????????????

this is the hottest car that MB has put out in a while.. it breaks necks at every stoplight that i am at.. and that is not even an exaggeration.

this **** even admits to not having seen one in person, and is simply basing it on his cataract laced eyes.

i have not run into ONE person who DIDN'T think my car was super hot.

the people that don't agree are owners of previous model C classes or miscellaneous cars within the same target audience who simply feel insecure about the sh***yness of their own cars, and feel the need to downplay the awesomeness of the C class to help them sleep at night.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=AR.Shah;2268420]

The problem is that Denmark is not representative of the rest of Europe due to the car tariff of 180% on top of the actual price, so nobody drives there. I was suprised at how jealous Danes seem to be after hearing about the famous understatement (I had interesting encouters in a resturant and parking garage), although I think it pales in comparison to Swabian understatement.

Your assessment of MB I agree holds true for almost all of Europe, but

Audi in Germany is for public/gov employees after they get promoted (trade up from VW).

Nobody would be caught dead in a Saab here.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
I would like to convey my utter dismay at the new C-Class. Without having looked at in the flesh (not that it would make a difference) the car looks awful! This constant cost cutting by these so called premium brand manufacturers is ruining I believe their reputation and pushing others further up, namely Audi which still produces top quality cars.

Mercedes wake up...
No body likes I-drive!
There is nothing wrong with CLK; E-Class; ML and GL; previous C-Class. Why not stick with that.

I will always have true loyalty to Mercedes Benz but only until they don't completely stuff it up!
^: blah:
Old 01-05-2008, 10:08 AM

2008 - S550 4Matic, 2010 - E350 4Matic, 2010 - C350 4Matic
There are two kinds of people, one group reads all about cars and think they are very knowledgeable and then there are people who look around, test drive cars and then buy one.

I have owned many MB cars over the years and once in a while, they come out with what I would call a "home run hit" and the new C-Class is just that kind of a car.

Our American friends have the opportunity to buy the car real inexpensive, but it is lacking some wonderful features. I do support the MB Canada decision, to bring in the car fully loaded.

My car a C350 Sort 4 Matic, with everything, is just a small, sporty S-Class. Even my wife, who is not a car enthusiast, enjoys the car very much. She loves the car especially in city traffic and the easy parking.

You car read what some journalist write or you can go to your nearest dealership and buy "one of the lot", if you can find one. The waiting list now is almost 6 months. This is the result of people who actually vote with their wallet and that is very convincing to me.

That the car is mechanically flawless, right out of the box, puts the icing on the cake for me.

Jorg
Old 01-05-2008, 01:45 PM

528i, GLK
Mercedes wake up...
No body likes I-drive!

I-drive?? first of all, have you ever use bmw's i-drive?? compared with what MB did with their "i-drive" BMW's is a joke....
Old 01-05-2008, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by webada
I-drive?? first of all, have you ever use bmw's i-drive?? compared with what MB did with their "i-drive" BMW's is a joke....
Thank you for pointing that out, it was starting to annoy me that people keep calling it idrive. The Mercedes COMAND Controller is really easy to use and works very well. The iDrive in BMWs sucks and I find it hard to use and I am a very technologically skilled person.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:29 PM

528i, GLK

hey, i re-read OP's post and realized he might have just brought a w203 or CLK without knowing w204 it coming out and am now just bickering over w204 to make himself feel better....

sry, can't help with the psych analysis.... his posting is just too illogical.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic Wagon, 2013 C350 4Matic Sedan
Originally Posted by webada
hey, i re-read OP's post and realized he might have just brought a w203 or CLK without knowing w204 it coming out and am now just bickering over w204 to make himself feel better....

sry, can't help with the psych analysis.... his posting is just too illogical.
The OP made two posts and never came back... but I get you can find him over at forums in fourtitude.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.