C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

How dissapointing....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by pitlia3a
I would like to convey my utter dismay at the new C-Class. Without having looked at in the flesh (not that it would make a difference) the car looks awful! This constant cost cutting by these so called premium brand manufacturers is ruining I believe their reputation and pushing others further up, namely Audi which still produces top quality cars.

Mercedes wake up...
No body likes I-drive!
Why change the dash in the new S and Cl to resemble the 7-series?
There is nothing wrong with CLK; E-Class; ML and GL; previous C-Class. Why not stick with that.

I will always have true loyalty to Mercedes Benz but only until they don't completely stuff it up!
^all I want to know is this, what kind of car are driving?
Old 01-08-2008, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by peabers
The OP made two posts and never came back... but I get you can find him over at forums in fourtitude.com
Probably a Lexus employee trying to cause problems.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:05 PM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
2018 C300 4 Matic
This is what is known as Big Science (B.S. for short). Haven't seen it, haven't driven it - but, I know it's crap! Give us a break!
Old 03-03-2008, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E500
Originally Posted by AR.Shah
This car will be kicking *** and that Ingolstadt toy Audi A4 will remain a car for the tasteless wannabees who think they're buying a competitor to the Mercedes Audi will remain a Volkswagen product and is just an oversized Golf. Perhaps that suits your taste better, go get it!
And in AR.Shah's signature:

'08 On Order: Audi A4 2.0TDI, Phantom black, Beige leather, Sport lowering, Rainsensor, Powerseats, nav., 19" audi sport etc.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:41 AM

2011 E350 Sport 4matic
Originally Posted by Outland
If I were going to pop for a new ride right now...it would be the Saturn Sky Turbo- as fast as the SLK350, far better looking, and 20K less expensive.
And not even enough truck space for two bags of groceries!!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:23 AM

528i, GLK
Originally Posted by Outland
Wow... Youre really a glass half full kinda guy

W204 blows.
+1
Old 03-03-2008, 10:37 AM

528i, GLK
some people tries to justify their decisions/purchase by pointing out the disadvantages of other options. This helps them to settle the uncertainty of their decisions and builds up confidence. Its sort of like belittling others to build your own confidence.

and the fact that OP simply dismisses a car by pictures and numbers simply tells you that he is not a drivers' driver and on top of that, probably can't make decisions based on his own experience which is result of lacking self-confidence, hence justifying the paragraph above.

Or

he simply likes to troll around forums.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:37 PM

'08C300 White w P2,MM,Pano
Originally Posted by mick1
i hope there are more people who are disappointed with the design of the W204 enough that they would buy other brands so when I get mine, I won't see other W204 everywhere I go
haha!!! Brilliant!!! Im with you, hope everybody hates it....
Old 03-03-2008, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by webada
+1
Look at this clown. He drives a bmw, no *******g **** he would come here and post a "+1" for that comment.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:11 PM

528i, GLK
Originally Posted by micropower99
Look at this clown. He drives a bmw, no *******g **** he would come here and post a "+1" for that comment.

what are you? 3 yrs old?
Old 03-03-2008, 05:25 PM

Didn't make much sense to me. I think the exterior of the new C looks great for its class and category.

However, I really don't care for the interior. I don't think it's worthy of the exterior styling, and in the US it is sadly lacking in features. MB had a great opportunity and got it 90% right. Sure would have been great if they had finished the job.

And I've seen them in person and have driven them.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Smile Hmm....

It seems as though a lot of people here are trying:

1. To push their personal preferences on others.
2. Making uneducated decisions and making false or biased statements.

Truth of it is, the C Class is pretty nice, I would agree that they got about 90% correct. However, it has some drawbacks as all cars do. What do you expect for a car on that level/money?

I test drove on the new C Class's and drove all versions of them. Felt great, good handling, interior was pretty cool, and pretty well equipped. It's you preference and opinion on it.

IMO:

1. Audi's suck to me, never really liked them.
2. Acuras look nice, but are too generic and have no ***** at all.
3. Infiniti, well see #2. The G35 is cool, but, oh nevermind.
4. BMW was too generic, not enough power unless you get the M series, and that I drive blows. Those way overpriced run-flats blow as well.
5. Lexus is BORING, cheap interior. Driving one makes me sleepy.

BUT! This is only an opinion, and like a booty, everyone has one.

+1 on myself.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
[QUOTE=Spoonie;2110859]All cars these days are disappointing. Can you name a newly released car that isn’t disappointing?

Uh...C-Class.

I got it because I like it and offerings from other European car companies seemed to be turning Japanese. I really think so.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Almost a Member!

08 C300 Sport P2, AMG; 06 Texas Chopper
The truth of the matter is we belong in a country that gives us the opportunity to choose from a HUGE variety of choices, not only in vehicles but anything we desire.

My personal experience in owning almost 50 cars in my 43 year life is I choose the car that best suits anyone of the following: situation, desire, have to have, want to have, need to have, think that I'll like it, or whatever at that time I want to do.

Some cars I've really enjoyed, some I hated after a short time, some I wished I never got rid of. But the bottom line is I am lucky enough to be in a position to own my C-Class. For right now it's the car for me and I'm really enjoying. Is it the best car I've owned - not sure yet. Do I wish it had certain things it doesn't have - sure.

Life's too short to drive one car for a LONG time. Enjoy as many as you can, while you can. Maybe next time you'll want something else. I may not like it, but I'll congratulate you the same. Give me (or us) the same respect.

That's all I have to say.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:33 PM

2008 C-300/ 19' maya MRS black wheels H@R Springs//powerchipped//Brabus Trunk spoiler//HID Fogs//
AUDI????!?!?!?!!? better than mercedes?!?!?!?! wow......
Old 03-04-2008, 04:12 PM

C350 4matic Obsidian Black
Note: I don't buy Audi because if you go to CHINA you would know why.. All Government officials in China drives and AUDI. and Most of them are CORRUPTED!. I can say this because I am CHINESE. and I don't like how chinese officials are so corrupted. Just go to CHINA if you are an AUDI fans.. Im sure you will change ur mind.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by JCOnizuka
Note: I don't buy Audi because if you go to CHINA you would know why.. All Government officials in China drives and AUDI. and Most of them are CORRUPTED!. I can say this because I am CHINESE. and I don't like how chinese officials are so corrupted. Just go to CHINA if you are an AUDI fans.. Im sure you will change ur mind.
Hitler used Mercedes-Benzes. Dictators all over the world have used Mercedes-Benzes in the past, especially in Africa (and most still do). What is your point?
Old 03-04-2008, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
So...how is it Audi's fault who buys their cars. They can't stop them.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by AsianML
Hitler used Mercedes-Benzes. Dictators all over the world have used Mercedes-Benzes in the past, especially in Africa (and most still do). What is your point?
"In the PAST" - Hitler is DEAD... when I mean government officials, I meant even with small chinese town (Very poor town) high rank police officer uses audi. Everyone who came from CHINA knows what I mean. you want to do business in CHINA, well you better have money for the officials if you know what I mean. No offense with you but maybe u are too young to understand the situation or you just don't want to admit that there is a problem with the chinese officials. don't get me wrong, I am proud to be a Chinese. But there are humanitarian issues (KNOWN WORLD WIDE) in china right now. If you don't understand, do some research or read the newspapers. One example to look at is the 2008 Olympic (Hurray for CHINA). The Olympic committee did not award the game to CHINA because of its population or good air quality China has. Instead the committee awarded to CHINA because the WORLD wants to see a HUGE improvement on the HUMANITARIAN ISSUES in CHINA. Olympic will help china improve because the whole world is looking at them on 2008/08/08.

This is ONLY my OPINION on WHY I MYSELF do NOT want to buy and AUDI. And as I said it before, I can say this because I am CHINESE and very proud to be a chinese. I just got back from China on a business opportunity trip and I know how corrupted the government is.. And I am very against corruption. I'm sure some ppl will disagree with me. This is again, my opinion (please check the dic on "OPINION" and "Myself" if you do not understand) on why I don't choose an AUDI.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
15 Mercedes C400, 12 Mercedes C250 coupe
so ur saying dont buy an audi cuz "corrupt chinese officials" drive them

ummmm, im so confused?
not that i like audi but im just so confused..

anyways...
Old 03-04-2008, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by pmb600
So...how is it Audi's fault who buys their cars. They can't stop them.
lol AGAIN.... I never said it was Audi's fault... ITS why "I" don't choose it. Ok I am sorry I said you guys will change ur mind on the first post. I don't want you guys to change your mind.. Just have ur own state of mind!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by angeloxnet
so ur saying dont buy an audi cuz "corrupt chinese officials" drive them

ummmm, im so confused?
not that i like audi but im just so confused..

anyways...
Lol ok guys... again not telling you guys to not buy audi. Its just why I choose not to.. if u dont understand go to china and u will see why I don't given my personality get it?!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
"In the PAST" - Hitler is DEAD... when I mean government officials, I meant even with small chinese town (Very poor town) high rank police officer uses audi. Everyone who came from CHINA knows what I mean. you want to do business in CHINA, well you better have money for the officials if you know what I mean. No offense with you but maybe u are too young to understand the situation or you just don't want to admit that there is a problem with the chinese officials. don't get me wrong, I am proud to be a Chinese. But there are humanitarian issues (KNOWN WORLD WIDE) in china right now. If you don't understand, do some research or read the newspapers. One example to look at is the 2008 Olympic (Hurray for CHINA). The Olympic committee did not award the game to CHINA because of its population or good air quality China has. Instead the committee awarded to CHINA because the WORLD wants to see a HUGE improvement on the HUMANITARIAN ISSUES in CHINA. Olympic will help china improve because the whole world is looking at them on 2008/08/08.

This is ONLY my OPINION on WHY I MYSELF do NOT want to buy and AUDI. And as I said it before, I can say this because I am CHINESE and very proud to be a chinese. I just got back from China on a business opportunity trip and I know how corrupted the government is.. And I am very against corruption. I'm sure some ppl will disagree with me. This is again, my opinion (please check the dic on "OPINION" and "Myself" if you do not understand) on why I don't choose an AUDI.
I get that it's your opinion and you're entitled to it, it's just that your opinion makes no sense.

I am Chinese as well, fyi.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Lol ok guys... again not telling you guys to not buy audi. Its just why I choose not to.. if u dont understand go to china and u will see why I don't given my personality get it?!
I don't need to go to China to know that your logic is totally stupid. I like Audi's and I don't care who drives them.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
lmao this dude is going from one topic to another. he gave us a whole essay on why he doesn't like audi, lmao.

i'm chinese btw

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.