C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

204 @ Simonson in Santa Monica

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
204 @ Simonson in Santa Monica

I was at my dealership trying to work out prices on a new AMG (for those of you who havent been to the ML63 page lately - https://mbworld.org/forums/ml55-amg-ml63-amg-w163-w164/188775-my-ml63-vs-drunk-neighbor.html ) and they had an 08 W204 in their delivery area. Evidently it was a manufacturer car that was simply there to allow interested buyers the chance to sit in the car and get a feel for it. NO test drives were allowed. The salesmen were all on the phones trying to get people in asap to see the car. It was a 350 sport model w/18" wheel option & Multimedia package in Palladium Silver (which just looked like Flint Grey to me), with a black interior.

My impressions - and my impressions are just my opinion, but I'll mostly compare the car to an E90 BMW 3 series I had as a rental last year -

The car is much bigger than I thought it'd be, noticeably larger than the 3 series. In pictures I thought it looked far smaller and, sort of, squished.

The front interior room feels about the same as the 3 series although without the wrap-around feel of the 3's cockpit, the C felt a bit less claustrophobic. The rear seat was definitely roomier than the 3 and the shape of the rear doors made getting in and out easier - I never rode in the back of the 3 but used it as an extra trunk quite often. The quality of the interior materials feels on par, if not identical, to the 3 - which makes it FAR better than the outgoing model in my opinion. After seeing the first pictures of the new C I thought the dash, especially the buttons on the center stack, looked like they'd have a cheap feel, but they don't. The entirety of the materials used were great and consistent. One thing about the interior I thought was odd was that the seat controls were on the side of seat rather than on the top of door panel - I guess I'm just used to them being up there on a Mercedes, but it was really no big deal. The seats were comfortable but a bit harder than the 3 - but unlike the 3 the standard power controls and lumbar knob made getting a comfy position an easy task. The Comand sytem interface is strange to me - my ML doesnt have a control knob so it was more of a learning curve for me, but I found it fairly easy to figure out. The sound system/in-dash dvd changer combo is fantastic!! Great sound and tons of cool features.

The look of the car (sport model) is extremely aggressive! The 18"s sit snugly within the arches and give the car an appearance reminiscent of the last E55's. The lines are nice, sharp, not as "bloopy" as the 3 and the AMG styling is killer. I thought the 3 had a much better trunk though - it seemed bigger, easier to load into and out of and didnt have as much intrusion from the rear glass.

If you live in the area and are thinking of a new C as your next car, go take a look - but move fast. They said they "hoped" it would be there all weekend but that Mercedes was doing rounds with the dealerships in the area for a few weeks. So if not at Simonson, call around!
Old 04-21-2007, 12:40 PM

2011 E-class coupe, 2012 C-class
Very nice I must agree with you, when I first saw the pictures I thought that Nav-screen was very ugly and must be looking cheap when folded out. In reality it looks awsome and the whole menu setup is very smart and easy to use. Did you know the command unit has a built in harddisc and that the bluetooth interface comes standard on the w204. I have already placed an order
Old 04-23-2007, 11:59 AM

C63, SLK55
And how much did MB pay you to post this review?? lol. Sounds like a review with a sales pitch from a magazine!! Well whatever it is, thanks for the review. I love the car so far, but I'm extremely anxious about the interior since it looks very cheap from the pictures. I hope it looks as good as you mentioned when I see it in person.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL 600 640bhp/1000Nm
Originally Posted by Archaedus
One thing about the interior I thought was odd was that the seat controls were on the side of seat rather than on the top of door panel - I guess I'm just used to them being up there on a Mercedes, but it was really no big deal.

If You order the full electrical seats with memory You get the controls on the door, just the way we are used to
Old 05-19-2007, 02:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
Originally Posted by BLK_HALO
And how much did MB pay you to post this review?? lol. Sounds like a review with a sales pitch from a magazine!!
Old 06-12-2007, 01:00 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
California W204 look-see

Interesting that the MBUSA demo car has the multimedia package. When my Seattle dealer submitted my order last month it was refused and the reason given was the Multimedia package (Comand, HK sound etc.) would not be available until September. No details from MBUSA were given. I don't even know what "September" means. Place orders, production dates, delivery dates, WHAT?

And my refusal to buy a black interior means by default I must order the 3.0 Luxury version, giving up 40HP to the 3.5 engine which isn't "available" in the Luxury. I placed a deposit back in January so am not happy.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:46 AM
GPI
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 (sold), W204 (sold), W124
Originally Posted by RLE
Interesting that the MBUSA demo car has the multimedia package. When my Seattle dealer submitted my order last month it was refused and the reason given was the Multimedia package (Comand, HK sound etc.) would not be available until September. No details from MBUSA were given. I don't even know what "September" means. Place orders, production dates, delivery dates, WHAT?

And my refusal to buy a black interior means by default I must order the 3.0 Luxury version, giving up 40HP to the 3.5 engine which isn't "available" in the Luxury. I placed a deposit back in January so am not happy.
Which dealer did you go to? I went to Phil Smart yesterday to order 1 as well and I wanted the multimedia package but they also said that it wouldn't be available until September. What other options did you order with it? I was wondering is there an option for the full seat control in which the controls would be placed on the door?
Old 06-14-2007, 12:33 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Seat controls and such

<<Which dealer did you go to? I went to Phil Smart yesterday to order 1 as well and I wanted the multimedia package but they also said that it wouldn't be available until September. What other options did you order with it? I was wondering is there an option for the full seat control in which the controls would be placed on the door?>>

I'm buying at Phil Smart downtown. My sales guy is John Bovee (again).

The seat controls are on the door just like all the other models and my W203. I did see a model in the online W204 Owner's manual that showed something on the seat but that must have been the Euro stripper (taxicab?) model. Not US equipment.

I ordered the Luxury model (solely because of the required black interior in the Sport) which means C300.

Base price unknown
Freight $700
Multimedia package $2700
P2 package $2750
Metallic paint $710
Full leather (Cashmere Beige) $1550

I thought about the Panorama roof but it looks to me like it might be noisy with the roof open and at $1000 I don't want to make a mistake.

I don't like most of the colors and have just about decided on Barolo Red but unless it's in the sun, it's pretty dead. I'm going to wait until the last minute to decide.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:37 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

One more thing

If you don't order the Bi-Xenon headlights, you don't get the LED rear turn lights. OF course, even the bottom-feeder BMWs have all-LED rear lighting. And Acuras and high-end Hondas, too.

But, nooooo, not MB.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:26 AM
GPI
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RLE
If you don't order the Bi-Xenon headlights, you don't get the LED rear turn lights. OF course, even the bottom-feeder BMWs have all-LED rear lighting. And Acuras and high-end Hondas, too.

But, nooooo, not MB.
That was what I was worried about because I like the LED rear turn lights. So does that mean yours is getting built right now? Did you place a deposit? I'm planning to order the C300 sport with the same packages that you ordered. But I'm still waiting for the base price and of course for the demo cars to arrive here so that I can test drive them.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:17 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ordered? Dream on.........

<<That was what I was worried about because I like the LED rear turn lights. So does that mean yours is getting built right now? Did you place a deposit?>>

I placed a deposit back in January which makes me first in line at Smart when a production date is announced for a C300 Luxury model with Multimedia package. Which the new car manager told me today will be about September 1. These production dates pop up without warning so my salesman has to stay on the ball and check every day until he sees it.

I guess a car could be ordered now with the standard radio which has no nav, satellite radio or HK sound system. Why would you?

So, no, it isn't being built and in fact MBUSA has not accepted any order for a multi-media package car. The dealer has my car's configuration on paper so we wait. And wait.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:52 AM
GPI
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RLE
<<That was what I was worried about because I like the LED rear turn lights. So does that mean yours is getting built right now? Did you place a deposit?>>

I placed a deposit back in January which makes me first in line at Smart when a production date is announced for a C300 Luxury model with Multimedia package. Which the new car manager told me today will be about September 1. These production dates pop up without warning so my salesman has to stay on the ball and check every day until he sees it.

I guess a car could be ordered now with the standard radio which has no nav, satellite radio or HK sound system. Why would you?

So, no, it isn't being built and in fact MBUSA has not accepted any order for a multi-media package car. The dealer has my car's configuration on paper so we wait. And wait.
If the production date is about September 1, you'll probably get it about November I guess? That's quite a wait.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:49 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Delivery dates

<<If the production date is about September 1, you'll probably get it about November I guess? That's quite a wait.>>

The time from production to arrival at the dealer is six weeks. So, a Sept. 1 build date means delivery in mid-October. Just in time for winter.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:34 AM
GPI
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RLE
<<If the production date is about September 1, you'll probably get it about November I guess? That's quite a wait.>>

The time from production to arrival at the dealer is six weeks. So, a Sept. 1 build date means delivery in mid-October. Just in time for winter.
Ok. The information is very helpful. Thank you so much!
Old 06-17-2007, 08:51 PM

'08 C300 Sport White w/ P2 MM & Pano
Originally Posted by RLE
Interesting that the MBUSA demo car has the multimedia package. When my Seattle dealer submitted my order last month it was refused and the reason given was the Multimedia package (Comand, HK sound etc.) would not be available until September. No details from MBUSA were given.
Wow, is this confirmed? My MB salesman has to be the least informed salesman employed by the company.

That's really disappointing, considering I was anticipating a delivery date in August. Now we're talking mid-October??
Old 06-17-2007, 09:58 PM

1996 Mercedes-Benz C220, 1999 Dodge Durango
I don't know about delivery dates, but there are new C's in surrounding areas. I know this because I'll be in Michigan driving it this Thursday! I think dealers should be getting cars for sales within the month.