C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Fifth Gear Review of the new C-Class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C230 SS Komp
Yes...impressive video. Hmmm I'm still in limbo whether or not I like the new body style. I think its the flat front end thats throwing me off.....
Old 05-30-2007, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by jay_mark_paul
Yes...impressive video. Hmmm I'm still in limbo whether or not I like the new body style. I think its the flat front end thats throwing me off.....
The Acura-esque nose, and the old school shape of the lights ruins it for me. Yes, we all get that the new head designer wants to leave his mark on the design language...couldn't he order up some really cool looking pods like on the CLS or the R Class? This angular **** is sooo uninspiring. It could a be lexus, Acura, audi, even a mazda... Side profile is OK...I don't think the clef line in the body work is entirely convincing with so many of today's car's sporting such a similar line.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:47 PM

Mercedes C230 SS Komp
Originally Posted by Outland
The Acura-esque nose, and the old school shape of the lights ruins it for me. Yes, we all get that the new head designer wants to leave his mark on the design language...couldn't he order up some really cool looking pods like on the CLS or the R Class? This angular **** is sooo uninspiring. It could a be lexus, Acura, audi, even a mazda... Side profile is OK...I don't think the clef line in the body work is entirely convincing with so many of today's car's sporting such a similar line.
Yes I agree with ya. I do very much like the side profile. Its just that front end I can't get over. I remember when i first saw my first 203 c230 thinking that's one of the best front profiles on any 4 door sedan PERIOD. ......and it was the front end that sold me!!!!
Old 06-09-2007, 02:03 AM

2007 C350 SS
Originally Posted by pmb600
Here is the link to the Top Gear video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmkX9mtF9zI

The one I have is longer and they also review the Maybach. If anyone knows where to upload a 131MB video for free, I would be happy to put it up there.

Andy is your car Pewter?
Sorry for the late reply, but my car is Iridium Silver
Old 06-11-2007, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Oh ok cool...it looks very Pewter in that pic because of the light.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:21 AM

Headlamp output from 35 to 38 watts during high speeds so you can increase visibility by an additional 50 meters. That's what I call precision engineering. I think we can all agree and appreciate all the minute details. I just spoke to my good friend and dealer over the weekend and he kind of planted a seed in my head by convincing me to wait until the release and he'll get me into the new C at a huge employee discount. I don't know. I'm kind of sentimental with my 203. It was my first mercedes and there was a sense of accomplishment when I bought it but at the end of the day, it's only a car. And then I think about the ac not working properly, the alignment that was never corrected, the low and quiet thumping noises from the exhaust, the cabin rattling and speaker distortion. With only 33K miles, I'm only 17k miles away from having to buy an extended warranty as well and that's another thing to consider. What do you guys think? Should I trade in towards the end of the year as a nice holiday/birthday present? I'm at $562.11 a month and he told me that he can get me close to this if not lower as a purchase. In the meantime, I just keep saving for a small down payment. Thank you all in advance for your feedback. Enjoy the new C-class.

Last edited by Zillarpillow23; 06-19-2007 at 04:23 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:44 PM
QQQ

MY2001 C320
Originally Posted by chkdg8
Headlamp output from 35 to 38 watts during high speeds so you can increase visibility by an additional 50 meters. That's what I call precision engineering.
Alas this intelligent lighting system (which besides highway mode also has a country road mode that widens the light cone), as well as driver knee airbag and Pre-Safe are not coming to NA, not even as options.

Now that's what I call horrible marketing.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:24 PM

Mercedes C230 SS Komp
From Edmunds: Review of the C204

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpconta...7/pageNumber=1

I see I'm not alone on the front end. Actually the more I look at pics from the side profile, the more I keep shaking my head....NO.... NO....NO

"The Onset of Styling Droop
For all its newness and increased gravitas, we wish we could say the new C-Class looks better than the outgoing C-Class, but we can't.

The blunt nose of the car is reportedly in homage to the S-Class, but we all know its existence is to meet forthcoming pedestrian-impact regulations in Europe. Why else would Mercedes forfeit the previous car's aerodynamic shape, going from a 0.26 coefficient of drag to a new 0.30 Cd?

The 2008 C-Class tries to reward its passengers on the inside rather than the onlookers on the outside. It's as if Mercedes engineered its all-new body-in-white and forgot to design an attractive wrapper for it."