C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Dealer discounting C350 already

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 07:42 PM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL/M6
Originally Posted by Blk04cobra1
Internet departments usually give the lower pricing. I mean how else will they get you in to the dealership? All of our first run C-classes have sold at sticker and the next batch have all pre-sold except for one, at sticker. You guys have to remember, there's not much mark up in the C-class to begin with, so if they're willing to give $1000 off MSRP, take it and run...

Joey G, there isnt $2500 mark up in the C-class, they must be giving it to you at invoice minus some money, which is not a good move on the dealership's part IMO.
You have to be kidding....at $2500 off they are still making money. A guy I know well is a manager at the 2nd biggest MB dealer in the USA....even at "below invoice" pricing money is made especially on leased/financed vehicles.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:26 PM

i agree the "invoice" price is total BS. Why would any dealer actually tell the consumer the price they paid for the car. that "invoice" price is not what they pay, that is impossible. I dont care who tells me that is actually what they pay, i know thats BS. my family is in the hotel business, and we dont tell our customer's how much the cost of each room is in reality, otherwise we would be shooting ourselves in the foot. When you go to a grocery store, do they tell you how much they are making in profit on each product? of course not, what makes anyone think car dealerships are any different?
Old 08-24-2007, 05:32 PM

i agree the "invoice" price is total BS. Why would any dealer actually tell the consumer the price they paid for the car. that "invoice" price is not what they pay, that is impossible. I dont care who tells me that is actually what they pay, i know thats BS. my family is in the hotel business, and we dont tell our customer's how much the cost of each room is in reality, otherwise we would be shooting ourselves in the foot. When you go to a grocery store, do they tell you how much they are making in profit on each product? of course not, what makes anyone think car dealerships are any different?
Old 08-24-2007, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
Originally Posted by G.Man
Snake, no can do, in Aus we are Right Hand Drive and then Government will hit you with Import Duty so you'll end up more than the local price. We pay high prices for imported cars to protect the local built GM & Ford car industry.
Oh ok. I understand now.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:29 PM

c300
Originally Posted by ckpatel
Not even close; I'm sure at one time the "invoice" price was really the amount the dealership paid was called. As dumb as they seem up front, they're actually very smart at making money. So the minute the public got access to "invoice" pricing the ball was moved.

I'm sure now that invoice pricing actually gets released to media outlets like edmunds and kbb via the north american manufacturer's office. Like a press release or a lease rate. I'm 99% sure that the real wholesale price to the dealer network is 3-4% under published invoice. Probably higher in markets that they know they're going to have to be doing lots of dealer swaps to get the correctly optioned car to the customer.

But it makes a nice bargaining target for both parties, so it serves it's purpose.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:34 PM
err

2008 C350 Arctic White, 2013 Infiniti JX35
Also remember the facts that dealership don't only make their profit on top of vehicle pricing. They make most money from leases / financing. On top of that if they meet certain quota in a year, Mercedes Benz of USA will give them some kind of performance bonus...

And also of course $ from service...
Old 08-24-2007, 07:55 PM

C70/C350
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...spagenameZWDVW

i bet you could offer LOWER and they would take it

1800 miles must be a demo - $37999
Old 08-28-2007, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Super deal from internet sales dept

By sending this to about 20 dealers internet sales prices, I got one dealer tonight to order me the 2008 c350 sport with the specs below for only $42,000 even out the door, TTL included. Pretty stoked on the deal... Only catch is, they said it probably wont be here until november.(see what I sent below. worked for me and got me what I think is the best deal yet. got it in writing too) (I got about over $5000 off total including TTL.):
---------------------------------
Hello. Email offers only. Please do not call. Please do not negotiate. Only will accept invoice with tax and tags. If called I will not deal with dealership. If emailed anything other than invoice I will not deal with dealership. (See requested build below). (oh and the salesguy said he wouldnt make a dime off this price and only the dealership would, so I slipped him a $100 bill and got him to get managment on my side)

2008 C350 Sport
Exterior Color: Arctic White
Interior Color: Grey/Black (Non-Leather)
Wood Trims: Black Birdseye Maple
Options:
Panorama Sunroof
18" AMG 5-Twin-Spoke Wheels
Packages:
P2: Premium II
Multimedia Package

MSRP: $43575.00
My offer based on true invoice price is $42,000 OTD

I can wait till OCT/NOV if this car in my requested specification has to be ordered.

Thank You for condsideration.

Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Thanks,
Old 08-28-2007, 11:54 AM

c300
I'll be curious if they honor the "OTD" or if in their minds they're agreeing to a sale price of 42k. I've had two sales people conveniently "forget" what the deal was and refuse to honor anything we had in writing once the ordered car arrived and they realized they could sell it on the lot quickly.

Good luck though. I'm pretty sure we'll see more of these deals pop up once dealers figure out that the car's not as hot as they'd like to believe.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:33 PM
QQQ

MY2001 C320
dumb q: what is OTD?
Old 08-28-2007, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 325i
I am thinking Out The Door, which definitely would be a great deal.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:56 PM
err

2008 C350 Arctic White, 2013 Infiniti JX35
Do you live in Oregon where you don't have to pay tax on car?

If not, it is mind boggling for that price of $42K including car+tax+registration