C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Just Ordered!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB w204 C300 Sport, Audi B7 A4 2.0TQ, Porsche Cayman 981
Holy crap...that doesnt sound right. Id take my business elsewhere.
When he put your order in, he should have given you a Netstar report with a PO number. Even at 3 months before the build date.

He either sold your allotment to someone who was willing to pay msrp or more or he really is just an idiot. I've also heard of some agents stringing their customers along to space out their sales. Either way, you lose, so call all your other local MB dealers and find out what allotments are available through each one.

When I ordered my C300, my agent showed me all the details on the comptuer screen - build date, build location, etc... After placing the order she printed out the order with a PO.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Almost a Member!

guys, I got some bad news.

I cancelled my order this past Saturday. I had a huge fight with my dealership cuz they wouldnt consider helping me out for their mis-hap and the inconvienence they had caused me. I was tired of dealing with them and as a result I bought a new A4 6 spd manual. I just got the call tonight saying that I will have my car by Friday. Merc dealer couldnt even get the car to me even though i placed the order in September, asking for delivery in late December.

I calculated that over the span of 39 months lease, I will save approx $12K. Im fine with not driving a benz. I think the audi drives the same as the merc.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:36 PM

C3004Matic Sport, Blk on Blk, Pano, P1, MMC, Ipod
where do you live?

in podunk-ville? Or east jabib?

I mean waiting for 3 months to get a benz, and a week or so to get an audi b7???

I know that not every part of this great country is as good as Jersey, which was always one of my complaints about the east coast when I grew up in the midwest (that east coasters are chauvenistic (sp?)), but 3 months on a merc build is hefty, and any wait on an audi is ridiculuous. Son, its time to move out of the Dakotas and into a state with indoor plumbing and working electricity!

Oh, and you won't be missing anything on the merc by driving the a4. except maybe some looks due to its newness and general superior charisma. oh, and the flip up nav/audio gadget. otherwise, all else is tied or beaten by audi. and hopefully you got the 2.0t quattro manual. if so, enjoy tuning and the audi boards are your friends (much better than benz boards with people who are (it seems) more knowledgeable about their rides, and more boards to boot).
Old 12-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by 430752
in podunk-ville? Or east jabib?

I mean waiting for 3 months to get a benz, and a week or so to get an audi b7???

I know that not every part of this great country is as good as Jersey, which was always one of my complaints about the east coast when I grew up in the midwest (that east coasters are chauvenistic (sp?)), but 3 months on a merc build is hefty, and any wait on an audi is ridiculuous. Son, its time to move out of the Dakotas and into a state with indoor plumbing and working electricity!

Oh, and you won't be missing anything on the merc by driving the a4. except maybe some looks due to its newness and general superior charisma. oh, and the flip up nav/audio gadget. otherwise, all else is tied or beaten by audi. and hopefully you got the 2.0t quattro manual. if so, enjoy tuning and the audi boards are your friends (much better than benz boards with people who are (it seems) more knowledgeable about their rides, and more boards to boot).
lol...I am from NYC!

only request I had was to have the car here in December cuz that when I could afford it. I am a recent graduate from school.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:12 PM

528i, GLK
Originally Posted by bonds
lol...I am from NYC!

only request I had was to have the car here in December cuz that when I could afford it. I am a recent graduate from school.

which dealer did you go in nyc? i'm also here.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350

I cancelled my order this past Saturday. I had a huge fight with my dealership cuz they wouldnt consider helping me out for their mis-hap and the inconvienence they had caused me. I was tired of dealing with them and as a result I bought a new A4 6 spd manual. I just got the call tonight saying that I will have my car by Friday. Merc dealer couldnt even get the car to me even though i placed the order in September, asking for delivery in late December.

I calculated that over the span of 39 months lease, I will save approx $12K. Im fine with not driving a benz. I think the audi drives the same as the merc.
Dude, that's brutal. I'd be pissed off too. You'll love the Audi though and if you save a little cash to boot, then it's all the better.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:38 AM

C3004Matic Sport, Blk on Blk, Pano, P1, MMC, Ipod
nyc?

hahahaha!!!

Now that's funny! Anyway, look around for any audi meet-ups in the city if you're at all interested in the audi beyond merely going from a to b. I think its audiworld (but may be audizine) that has an area for local groups, some are pretty active. the northern nj bunch is pretty active and usually holds meet ups in edgewater or similar (read, just over the GW bridge).

why? cuz once you blow $1500 at APR on a chip, exhuast and hi-flo cat, you won't be satisfied and will want more. That, and you won't immediately understand why your blow off valve (bov) is giving up the ghost. Oh yeah, bell audi in edgewater (?) is rumored to be tuner friendly (as they're a licensed dealer for apr or another aftermarket company AND an audi franchisee). and if you really get into it, stasis has listed on its website that it is partnering with a dealer in Connecticut, which would make it closest for you. oh, the possibilities are endless when you have a car supported by owners who actually like to do things with and to their cars other than tint, drop and put bigger/chrome wheels on them!
Old 12-27-2007, 02:37 AM

Sorry to hear about your dealership experience. I have a B7 A4...and I'm sure you will be happy with the car. The wait for my C300 sport is getting tiresome. It seems like so many people are willing to buy a C-Class, but are bailing because of the lack of availability.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:56 AM

C200TCDI Sports Edition
Even in Norway which is only short train trip from Germany the wait on a w204 is upwards of three months, longer if you want a stationwagon.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Almost a Member!

I live less than a mile away from Mercedes Benz of Nanuet. My dad has previously bought 2 cars from that dealership. Even with the past history, they didnt care. This is also incredible cuz I am a production engineer for Toyota and I am still buying their car over a toyota (i get a hefty discount on Toyota's) only because I liked the c-class. But in the end, they just didnt want my business.

I plan on writing a letter to MBUSA and please anyone who is in the same area I am, goto Prestige MB or something else besides MB of Nanuet.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by webada
which dealer did you go in nyc? i'm also here.
MB of Nanuet
Old 12-27-2007, 11:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 C300 4matic, 2015 Porsche Macan S, 2006 R500 (sold)
I bought my C two weeks ago and I just looked up the dealer system as recommended by this forum and pick on what was available either at port or at sea. My C will be here next Monday.

There were so many C to choose from and I am definitely surprised on some of the messages here.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:53 AM

528i, GLK
Originally Posted by supernsx
I bought my C two weeks ago and I just looked up the dealer system as recommended by this forum and pick on what was available either at port or at sea. My C will be here next Monday.

There were so many C to choose from and I am definitely surprised on some of the messages here.
What dealer system? are you looking up this online?
Old 12-27-2007, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by webada
What dealer system? are you looking up this online?
The system is at the dealership. It shows the inventory of all the US dealerships during transit.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 GLB35, 2007 E350, 2014 ML350 4Matic, 2008 C350 Sport
I ordered my C 350 on 11/27/2007 and the Dealer did some flip flops on-line with other Benz's on order that were reserved by other Dealers in the US. I was at the Dealership on 12/12/2007 and he showed me the build date for a car was 12/19/2007. He told told me the car would be here in 3 weeks from the build date. I am in NYC too. Sovereign Motors in Brooklyn.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Oh Cool
I ordered my C 350 on 11/27/2007 and the Dealer did some flip flops on-line with other Benz's on order that were reserved by other Dealers in the US. I was at the Dealership on 12/12/2007 and he showed me the build date for a car was 12/19/2007. He told told me the car would be here in 3 weeks from the build date. I am in NYC too. Sovereign Motors in Brooklyn.
Sorry to hear that. Mine is much further along (at sea with VIN number and arrived at port date) when I ordered it.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Oh Cool
you stole my build date! lol j/k