C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

c300 pics with HID lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
Originally Posted by 430752
That altima is great, all time great! And not even on the new ones which kinda look quick, but on the old beater altima look! classic....classic...
I've had two Altimas (first and third generations), and they were good cars, for what they are obviously. I have a lot of respect for them.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:29 AM

C200 AMG W204
Originally Posted by MBTex
I'm not a kid. My car has the same AMG parts, kits, and a few extras that are in the 350. My car, like many others, has component parts from AMG. My car also has component parts from Michelin, Harmon Kardon and probably about 200 other manufacturers, yet I don't tell anyone that it is a "insert manufacurer of choice here" car.

My car was not built by AMG, therefore it is not an AMG by any stretch of the imagination. Easiest way to check is open the hood and look for the AMG plaque...not there. AMG builds their own cars, they are not made in the MB factory like any of the other C's.

Kase has a nice car and he can put whatever he wants on it, including an AMG emblem. He drives a Mercedes Benz and that name alone should be enough. He likes it better with the emblem on it, I think it is poser-ish. It is his car and he shouldn't care what I think.

To each his own, just understand that those in the know will form a different opinion about the car, especially those that actually do have a car built by AMG.

Kase, your car is very nice.
First of all nowhere and nobody has stated that his car is produced by AMG.
The Mercedes Benz factory is installing AMG parts on their cars.
Let me understand your problem is that this guy installed an additional badge of AMG on his car?
Then you should take your complains to the factory of Mercedes Benz that they already installed from the factory AMG badges on the rims(because they are from AMG),on the floor carpets(because they are from AMG),on the rear lip spoiler(because they are from AMG)e.t.c.
So if you have this parts on your car (as you claim) you must immidiatly remove them before this guy take of his badge.
One additional badge of AMG for sure dosent spoil the reputation of the Mercedes brand he didnt install a C63 badge on a car that is C300 that will be poser-ing for something he isnt.
Whatever anybody is putting on his car and looks good and diffrent from the rest must not be under critisism and if it does just express your opinion that you dont like it you are not in a position or allowed to tell him to take it off.

Grow up
Old 01-09-2008, 01:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'08 W204.081; M 272.948 KE30; Colour Code#792
They even have whole websites devoted to poser cars.

Click the pic for the website!
Old 01-09-2008, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Originally Posted by CE EXO
First of all nowhere and nobody has stated that his car is produced by AMG.
The Mercedes Benz factory is installing AMG parts on their cars.
Let me understand your problem is that this guy installed an additional badge of AMG on his car?
Then you should take your complains to the factory of Mercedes Benz that they already installed from the factory AMG badges on the rims(because they are from AMG),on the floor carpets(because they are from AMG),on the rear lip spoiler(because they are from AMG)e.t.c.
So if you have this parts on your car (as you claim) you must immidiatly remove them before this guy take of his badge.
One additional badge of AMG for sure dosent spoil the reputation of the Mercedes brand he didnt install a C63 badge on a car that is C300 that will be poser-ing for something he isnt.
Whatever anybody is putting on his car and looks good and diffrent from the rest must not be under critisism and if it does just express your opinion that you dont like it you are not in a position or allowed to tell him to take it off.

Grow up
Hey kiddo, first of all the parts were built by AMG and installed at the MB factory, the badge was not (he bought it). If he modded and got an AMG trunk that had the emblem on it I don't think anyone would complain.

Second, AMG rims do not have badges on them, the AMG is forged into the alloy, not slapped on.

Third, each AMG made part is entitled to have the AMG emblem on it, because it was made by AMG. By slapping an AMG badge on your car your are saying the your car was made by AMG, which it clearly wasn't.

Fourth, if you think that a few AMG parts allows you to call your car "AMG" please attempt to register your car at www.mercedes-amg.com (the Mercedes AMG site) and see what Mercedes Benz tells you about your "AMG" car. I have no complaints for the factory, the Mercedes Benz factories don't put AMG badges on cars. Any parts to any car made by AMG will have the AMG logo on it because it was made by AMG and the logo was put on by AMG, not MB. The car never spent a second in an AMG factory. Don't take my word for it, just go to the MB-AMG website and see for yourself.

Finally, I never told him to take it off. In fact I encouraged him to leave it on if that is what he wanted to do. Even said "he shouldn't care what I think". If you are pissed off because people are telling him to take it off that's fine, but don't quote me in your little war without at least reading what I write.

Last edited by MBTex; 01-09-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

the AMG badge is absolutely hilarious. Thank you for entertaining me this morning.

I installed aftermarket HIDs in my GF c350 for both the headlights, and foglights, and there is no glare . It looks awesome. Here is a link to that.
http://mymbonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5909
Also, here is another poser thread, hopefully once you look through the 12 pages of posers, you will get the idea
http://mymbonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1172
Old 01-09-2008, 12:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 C300 4matic, 2015 Porsche Macan S, 2006 R500 (sold)
In Asia, MB does put AMG badge at the back of normal MB that has the AMG appearance package.

Not planning to put AMG badge myself to my C, but I think we are a bit too critical against the orginal poster. It is really not that big a deal.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Originally Posted by supernsx
Not planning to put AMG badge myself to my C, but I think we are a bit too critical against the orginal poster. It is really not that big a deal.
Exactly. Cannot agree more.

I guess I should have just said that instead of going into why it isn't an AMG.

Still, those Poser Threads are very funny...and real AMG owners do take it very seriously, understandably so IMO.

Last edited by MBTex; 01-09-2008 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-09-2008, 02:06 PM

C200 AMG W204
Hey kiddo, first of all the parts were built by AMG and installed at the MB factory, the badge was not (he bought it). If he modded and got an AMG trunk that had the emblem on it I don't think anyone would complain.

Second, AMG rims do not have badges on them, the AMG is forged into the alloy, not slapped on.

Third, each AMG made part is entitled to have the AMG emblem on it, because it was made by AMG. By slapping an AMG badge on your car your are saying the your car was made by AMG, which it clearly wasn't.

Fourth, if you think that a few AMG parts allows you to call your car "AMG" please attempt to register your car at www.mercedes-amg.com (the Mercedes AMG site) and see what Mercedes Benz tells you about your "AMG" car. I have no complaints for the factory, the Mercedes Benz factories don't put AMG badges on cars. Any parts to any car made by AMG will have the AMG logo on it because it was made by AMG and the logo was put on by AMG, not MB. The car never spent a second in an AMG factory. Don't take my word for it, just go to the MB-AMG website and see for yourself.

Finally, I never told him to take it off. In fact I encouraged him to leave it on if that is what he wanted to do. Even said "he shouldn't care what I think". If you are pissed off because people are telling him to take it off that's fine, but don't quote me in your little war without at least reading what I write.

Like i said grow up first,
the kiddo you are refering is a spartan 6 feet tall or 2 meters in metric so speak with respect when you are reffering to people you dont know.

1.for your first point you are saying that if the badge was there by MB it would be ok but now that he put it there is wrong,thats at least BS.
iF MB had put the badge there it will be AMG but know because he put it is not AMG.
Make up your mind and deside either he is right because the car already has AMG badges from MB on it and he just added an extra one or you are right and you must get all the badges of AMG off your car because its not AMG.

2.Hello i am a rim made by AMG but if you say so i am not so you are saying MB is fooling the planet with this AMG bAdge here?(says the attachment pic)

3.Hello earth calling MBTEX NOBODY said that the car is AMG people are screaming to you guys that we have AMG PARTS on the cars or in other countries they are called AMG PACK models.
To make it clear is just like saying C300 or C200 but the car that have AMG parts C300 amg pack its something like extra spec get it?
You dont state your car is AMG you state (to be correct MB state)that you have AMG parts on your car.

4.I am already very borrowed to make you people understand.
I just wanted to say that a car enthusiast does not show this kind of behaviour to a guy that did something diffent to his car and the the most disapointing thing about you is that you have the exact same car for god,s name!!!!

5.The attachment picture is from the official AMG site and guess what they show my car but nooooooo its has nothing to do with AMG site is a fake blah,blah,blah,
Attached Thumbnails c300 pics with HID lights-amg-site.jpg  

Last edited by CE EXO; 01-09-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Hey kiddo...I would say reread my previous posts on the subject on this and other threads but you obviously aren't getting it and I don't care to keep repeating myself.

Do you know Spoonie?
Old 01-09-2008, 02:56 PM

C200 AMG W204
Hey kiddo...I would say reread my previous posts on the subject on this and other threads but you obviously aren't getting it and I don't care to keep repeating myself.

Do you know Spoonie?
Get your TOYOTA for a ride and forget about me ant.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
^From the "Grow Up" guy.

I'm done with this one....
Old 01-09-2008, 02:59 PM

C3004Matic Sport, Blk on Blk, Pano, P1, MMC, Ipod
Like i said grow up first,
the kiddo you are refering is a spartan 6 feet tall or 2 meters in metric so speak with respect when you are reffering to people you dont know.

Hmm...size equates to respect with this guy (or girl), guess we know there's not a lot up there, and more importantly, not a lot down there either. (His wife told me so!) : eek:
Old 01-09-2008, 03:09 PM

C200 AMG W204
Originally Posted by 430752
Hmm...size equates to respect with this guy (or girl), guess we know there's not a lot up there, and more importantly, not a lot down there either. (His wife told me so!) : eek:
And for you i have nothing to say you are just a number as your name state.

Hey guys if you dont have nothing intresting to say about your car is better to dont speak at all just listen.

This forum like any other must help,give answers,ideas,opinions,not disagree with everything and everyone if you have nothing to offer from the above do not wright at all.
This AMG Badge police must END NOW.Nobody can tell nobody what to do with his ride.If you dont like somebody car just dont look at it.

I rest my case with you guys.

Last edited by CE EXO; 01-09-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300 Sport, MM, P1
it would look even better if you got the kit for the fogs lights to match the same light color. looks good though. congrats on the new car!
Old 01-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63

2.Hello i am a rim made by AMG but if you say so i am not so you are saying MB is fooling the planet with this AMG bAdge here?(says the attachment pic)
The AMG on the wheels are made by AMG and stamped during the construction of the wheels. It would not be cost effective to make different molds for the exact same wheels just for the sake of removing the AMG lettering.
3.Hello earth calling MBTEX NOBODY said that the car is AMG people are screaming to you guys that we have AMG PARTS on the cars or in other countries they are called AMG PACK models.
To make it clear is just like saying C300 or C200 but the car that have AMG parts C300 amg pack its something like extra spec get it?
You dont state your car is AMG you state (to be correct MB state)that you have AMG parts on your car.
You are correct that the car has AMG parts...aesthetics parts to be more accurate. The ///AMG badge does not indicate that the car simply has a few parts here and there to make it look nicer. That may be true for AMG models of the past before Mercedes-Benz acquired AMG. However, in this present day world that is not the case anymore. Real AMG models go through years and years of extensive research and development. This R&D isn't done simply for the body kit. AMG R&D goes for the entire car from the steering, suspension, wheels, brakes, chassis, electronics, drivetrain, transmission, aerodynamics, exhaust system, etc., and most definitely the engine. AMGs are built with the "One man, one engine" philosophy where each engine is hand built and then the signature of that one engineer is laser etched onto a stainless steel plate on top of the engine. These dressed up Mercedes-Benzes were not bred with this much additional engineering as a real AMG is.

4.I am already very borrowed to make you people understand.
I just wanted to say that a car enthusiast does not show this kind of behaviour to a guy that did something diffent to his car and the the most disapointing thing about you is that you have the exact same car for god,s name!!!!
I don't really think I have any harsh feelings toward you, however I do have some issue with this entire post being directed at MBtex. He already voiced his opinion that AMG badges on non-AMG cars should not be there, however, he also said the owner is able to do whatever he wants to the car.

5.The attachment picture is from the official AMG site and guess what they show my car but nooooooo its has nothing to do with AMG site is a fake blah,blah,blah,
Click on the "Next" button in the lower right hand corner of the picture. It shows the rear end of the C350. Well, what do you know? No AMG badge. That picture is also shown under the "Optional Extras" section where they simply just mention the extra optional AMG Sport Package bits and wheels. It is not an official AMG model as you imply.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
^Thanks buddy.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63

Great advice!! The only way to access the official AMG forums is to sign up with a valid VIN from an AMG car. It's a pretty good forum, btw to those AMG owners lurking or reading. I don't know if they still do it (pretty sure they do), but they have monthly chats setup so you can speak with the AMG Product Manager directly. I've chatted with Rob Allan, former AMG Product Manager, several times through this chat and it was very helpful getting some information straight regarding general product information and rumors.

I also clearly recall a part of the AMG website (before they went totally separate to mercedes-amg.com) with a FAQ section. Several of the FAQs related to normal Mercedes being AMGs and whatnot and whether a normal Mercedes could ever be a true AMG were answered. The simple answer was "no." The only true AMGs, they said, were those designed and engineered by AMG themselves with components coming straight from Affalterbach. They even said a normal Mercedes transplanted with an AMG engine and components could not be a true AMG.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'08 W204.081; M 272.948 KE30; Colour Code#792
Originally Posted by AsianML
...a normal Mercedes transplanted with an AMG engine and components could not be a true AMG.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AsianML
Great advice!! The only way to access the official AMG forums is to sign up with a valid VIN from an AMG car. It's a pretty good forum, btw to those AMG owners lurking or reading. I don't know if they still do it (pretty sure they do), but they have monthly chats setup so you can speak with the AMG Product Manager directly. I've chatted with Rob Allan, former AMG Product Manager, several times through this chat and it was very helpful getting some information straight regarding general product information and rumors.

I also clearly recall a part of the AMG website (before they went totally separate to mercedes-amg.com) with a FAQ section. Several of the FAQs related to normal Mercedes being AMGs and whatnot and whether a normal Mercedes could ever be a true AMG were answered. The simple answer was "no." The only true AMGs, they said, were those designed and engineered by AMG themselves with components coming straight from Affalterbach. They even said a normal Mercedes transplanted with an AMG engine and components could not be a true AMG.
this kid is only 16 and he just schooled everyone
"the simple answer is NO "
Old 01-10-2008, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I went to my service advisor yesterday to pick up my car. Hes a cool guy so we were shootin the **** a little bit. I asked him if gets a lot of posers and he chuckled and said oh yeah. He said just the other day, a poser customer came in with a " S55 AMG", and needed a brake job. My service rep told the customer that it would cost 1400 dollars to replace the brakes. The customer was a little puzzled about the high price. "My SA said, well its an AMG right? "and the customer says, "well no its not a real AMG".. LOL
my SA clearly knew it was a regular S430, but did that just to mock him in an indirect way.
The moral of the story is, if you want to put an AMG badge on your non-AMG, you should pay the AMG service prices too... LMAO
Old 01-10-2008, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
^
Old 01-10-2008, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
I guess some people don't feel secure with their $100K+ S Class...
Old 01-10-2008, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by awd_dreamin
sweet an AMG badge on a 15 sec car! 8000k Hid's?! you know you basically downgraded the light output over stock.

This is what happens when former civic owners start to make a lil money.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:06 PM

07 G35 Sedan
Originally Posted by Benzboy13
I see so many AMG badges thrown onto all kinds of benzes..
everytime i see them and they are not real AMGs (btw, not hard at all to tell the difference) , I tend to laugh and think to myself taht personn is a loser.

I dont mean to offend anyone, but it really bothers me..

my friend just leased an 07 e350 sport.. he goes and replaces the 3 with a 5 so it reads: "E550"... i told him hes an idiot, but what do you expect from an ex-infiniti owner.

** think of it this way... your false advertising. Say you asked out a good looking girl because you felt she had VERY LARGE BREASTS. How would you feel about her when underneath her bra was a bunch of tissues covering her puny A cups...
your basically "stuffing your bra" right now..

p.s. my girlfriends has Acups.. and i love those lil guys.. no offense to you ladies.. just trying to get the point across.
Hey hey! There are a few Infiniti owners here like myself!

But yeah, I hate it when people put "higher value" emblems on their cars. I should buy a 4 and replace it with the 3.

G45 FTW?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:07 PM

07 G35 Sedan
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
I went to my service advisor yesterday to pick up my car. Hes a cool guy so we were shootin the **** a little bit. I asked him if gets a lot of posers and he chuckled and said oh yeah. He said just the other day, a poser customer came in with a " S55 AMG", and needed a brake job. My service rep told the customer that it would cost 1400 dollars to replace the brakes. The customer was a little puzzled about the high price. "My SA said, well its an AMG right? "and the customer says, "well no its not a real AMG".. LOL
my SA clearly knew it was a regular S430, but did that just to mock him in an indirect way.
The moral of the story is, if you want to put an AMG badge on your non-AMG, you should pay the AMG service prices too... LMAO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: c300 pics with HID lights