C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C-Class Luxury

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 c350 SG - 2004 c240 Wagon BS
Originally Posted by pmb600
I have driven the C350 as a loaner and I did not feel the ride was rough. It actually felt better than my 2005 C240, but that could just be the age of the car that is making it feel rougher. Also I think the sport models are only about a half inch lower, so overall that shouldn't make a tremdous difference in curb damage. You just have to be careful, I have almost smashed the lower bumper on my C240 several times as well.
It's not so much the ride height. It's just the aerodynamic design of the AMG bumper that puts it so low to the ground.

I've had people warn me about steep driveways too.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:01 PM

e92
Strange the C Sport Steering wheel is humongous...
Old 08-10-2008, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
Originally Posted by wblynch
Our 2004 C240 is the equivalent of today's "Luxury" while the C230k was the equivalent of today's "Sport". I noticed many times how much better the C240 rides than my brother's 2005 C230k. I definitely like the luxury suspension better.

When I got the new C350 I had no choice but to take it as a "Sport".

I know that most people like the look and the profile of the Sporty car but I can say I'd rather have the ride of the Luxury. We took a 200 mile trip yesterday in the C350 and the sport suspension nearly shook my backbone to bits.

There may be hope if I learn that all can be fixed with a change of shocks or springs.

One other thing that annoys me to no end is worrying about parking logs and curbs with the AMG styled front bumper. How can the car look better if the lower bumper is all mangled?

And to prove my point, I've been checking out "Sport" model's bumpers on driven cars and they're ALL scarred up.
The only thing that I was disappointed about on my C300 was that I felt that the ride tended to be a bit too rough.

That was 11 months and 20,000 miles ago. The car rides better now.

As a suggestion, do run your tires at the recommended inflation pressure. I read about those who run them high and can't help but wonder if they're loosening some teeth.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Almost a Member!

C350, ML350
star grill

Originally Posted by wildcard011
Today was a great day. Cleaned the car and then decided to change the grill from sports to lux. Here are some before, after and intransition pics. :-)
I think I am loving the new look. It really meshes well with the lights.

hmm, star grill still look amazingly better....
Old 08-11-2008, 03:15 PM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Hey -- wanted to share with you in case you missed. I posted picts of my new baby when I first got her. I've got a black on black model with gobs of wood trim. Its just pure sexiness!

Check out my photoshoot:
http://www.lazernet.com/MBPhotoShoot/

Cheers!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:02 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Big difference in the ride between Lux and sport, I bought a Lux for my wife and took it in for service the other day, I was given a sport loaner for the day, the Sport rode soooo much harder I could not wait to swap it back, not even a small difference.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
bmw
Originally Posted by dalazernet
Hey -- wanted to share with you in case you missed. I posted picts of my new baby when I first got her. I've got a black on black model with gobs of wood trim. Its just pure sexiness!

Check out my photoshoot:
http://www.lazernet.com/MBPhotoShoot/

Cheers!
Wow! I gotta say.. your car just looks phenomenol! My previous ride was 3 series which was also black and on days that I washed it, it was a sight to behold. I got grey this time because I just got tired of trying to keep it clean. But looking at your car almost makes me regret my decision :-)

BTW, I noticed you have the 300 4Matic, same as mine so how did u end up getting the LED lights and the wooden steering.

Thanks for the pics.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:13 AM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by wildcard011
Wow! I gotta say.. your car just looks phenomenol! My previous ride was 3 series which was also black and on days that I washed it, it was a sight to behold. I got grey this time because I just got tired of trying to keep it clean. But looking at your car almost makes me regret my decision :-)

BTW, I noticed you have the 300 4Matic, same as mine so how did u end up getting the LED lights and the wooden steering.

Thanks for the pics.
Thank you... yes, I do agree the black is hard to keep clean, but a good wash once a week does the trick. As far as the LED lights, those came with the P2 package (which was a BIG sticking point when trying to get this car). My dealer was searching everywhere for a black with gray or black with black model with the P2 premium package and it didn't seem to exist. He ended up trading with another dealership for a car that was just getting on the boat from Germany to head over (so he redirected a new one for me)...

As for the steering wheel, its an unnecessary accessory, but I always wanted one in my last car - and since I was buying this one, I just had to spend the extra for it. I do have to say, this wheel is considerably thicker than the stock leather wheel - fits great in the hand and has small indents right before the wood starts where your thumbs can sit while holding the wheel. A $900 steering wheel upgrade really made the car feel like its worth a lot more :-). The dealer can get the part, but it takes about a week. This was the first one my dealership had installed (thankfully they got it right LOL).

Thanks again and enjoy!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 Sport 4Matic - P2 & Drivers Assist / 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic - P2 / 2013 Porsche Cayenne S
Originally Posted by dalazernet
I see you got your baby from Globe. I got my last two cars from there. I love that place; they always treat me so good there. Props to them ! And your car is very nice also.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 MT, 350Z
Originally Posted by BlackMercBenz
I never saw myself owning an MB... Never even visited their website...

Until I first saw that C350 Sport parked next to where I work ...

The rest is history.
i used to like BMs (not bowel movements), then i saw the 08 C-Class (sport 6 speed MT )