C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2009 Model year with memory seats ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 - S550 4Matic, 2010 - E350 4Matic, 2010 - C350 4Matic
I think the MB in Canada and the USA get together and they spec what they think will sell best, especially at the start of the new model line. Your MB president, Ernst Lieb, was President of MB Canada. He is a car enthusiast and he will do a great job in the USA. He loves AMG.

Canadian cars are different at this time and Panorama roof, 4Matic and Key less Go are all on the 350. That is the good part, the bad part is, the price we pay is different too and when our Dollar was way down, we assumed we would get treated fairly. Now since the Canadian Dollar is above the US Dollar, we still pay a higher price. Canadians are not as aggressive as our friends to the South. They would scream, we raise our eye brows, eh.!!!!

We have the smart car too for quiet a while and it is doing very well here. It exceeded all expectations. It's a fun car and it will sell well in the USA too, in a couple of months.

Jorg
Old 10-19-2007, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Jorg
I think the MB in Canada and the USA get together and they spec what they think will sell best, especially at the start of the new model line. Your MB president, Ernst Lieb, was President of MB Canada. He is a car enthusiast and he will do a great job in the USA. He loves AMG.

Canadian cars are different at this time and Panorama roof, 4Matic and Key less Go are all on the 350. That is the good part, the bad part is, the price we pay is different too and when our Dollar was way down, we assumed we would get treated fairly. Now since the Canadian Dollar is above the US Dollar, we still pay a higher price. Canadians are not as aggressive as our friends to the South. They would scream, we raise our eye brows, eh.!!!!

We have the smart car too for quiet a while and it is doing very well here. It exceeded all expectations. It's a fun car and it will sell well in the USA too, in a couple of months.

Jorg
It has nothing to do with us in America being agressive, it's about sales. It sales numbers switched and they were selling in Canada what they are selling here in the US, you can bet that you would get lower prices.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Originally Posted by MB-JIM
I really want a W204 but there is no way I will buy one witout being able to get memory. That has to include the mirrors and steering wheel as well as the seats. As with many convenience features we have had for years, this is not time to cut them off.
Would you want a car without central locking, power seats, power windows, air conditionong, power steering, disc brakes, etc? These as well as many other features are things that we didn't have at one time but just like seat memory, once you get used to them, you wouldn't want to be told you can no longer have those features, especially in what is supposed to be a luxury car.
Yes, I want this car if it has nothing inside but still carries Mercedes badge. People judge just based on badge, not real options your car has.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 C 300 Sport, '01 SL 500 & '08 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD
Yeah I passed of the P2/MM because I had three TomTom portable navigation devices sitting on my Kitchen counter before I got the car. No need to pay $$$ for a non-portable Navigation when I have three I can take in any vehicle I want to. And for those complaining about getting lost, most portable GPS/ Nav units can be had for sub $300.00

-Ryan
Old 10-19-2007, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Is TomTom good for bicycle? I need one, so please sell yours over craigslist.