C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Just Got my 350 and feel like it a ferrari

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own 2008 C-350 2008 E-350 2005 C -230 Kompressor 2006 FORd F-350 6.0
Just Got my 350 and feel like it a ferrari

I had no clue how technology advance this car is . SO many saftey feature on light setting. I got it with all extra expect pano roof and the bi xeons it fairly new there been some recalls on over brand cars with bi xeon lights. The is very quite i have 18 with continental conti sport tires. Have no noise with ride liek i read with other complain about continetal tires. Ride very quite. And i am supper picky about everything. The only thing it is quite time consuming to learn the car im am very used to technolgy package like on the acura rl. But this one is more advance than the acura Rl technology nav system. I havent driven the car fast yet only have put on it 400 mile in 5 days. the car sits very low to the ground with it 18 inches Amg rims.The a/c is extremly th ebest i tested in any car supper cold. Dont think about buying the car Go out and get it i thought too much to buy it. You will be extremly happy if im supper picky about everything this car to me is perfect . No road noise with the 18 inch rims thou.
Attached Thumbnails Just Got my 350 and feel like it a ferrari-img_1535.jpg  
Old 10-26-2007, 06:55 PM

c300
Wow. I didn't know Ferrari's didn't have memory positions for their power seats either?!?

-- sorry, couldn't resist --
Old 10-26-2007, 07:02 PM

2008 C350WZ
Congratuations on a great car!!

I'm genuinely gald to hear you're exicted and are enjoying the car - I read a couple of your early posts and, frankly, I wasn't sure you'd ever "get" the car - Evidently, I was way off.

I love the 18" AMG and the white color... Enjoy you're beautiful car.

[edit: typo's - i can't type]
Old 10-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by qwerty1024
[edit: typo's - i can't type]
Thats OK. Neither can he.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 C 300 Sport, '01 SL 500 & '08 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD
Originally Posted by ATSOBE
I had no clue how technology advance this car is . SO many saftey feature on light setting. I got it with all extra expect pano roof and the bi xeons it fairly new there been some recalls on over brand cars with bi xeon lights. The is very quite i have 18 with continental conti sport tires. Have no noise with ride liek i read with other complain about continetal tires. Ride very quite. And i am supper picky about everything. The only thing it is quite time consuming to learn the car im am very used to technolgy package like on the acura rl. But this one is more advance than the acura Rl technology nav system. I havent driven the car fast yet only have put on it 400 mile in 5 days. the car sits very low to the ground with it 18 inches Amg rims.The a/c is extremly th ebest i tested in any car supper cold. Dont think about buying the car Go out and get it i thought too much to buy it. You will be extremly happy if im supper picky about everything this car to me is perfect . No road noise with the 18 inch rims thou.

It blows my mind that there are people out there that have grammar-school level writing skills, with the means or ability to purchase a $40K+ Automobile and have good taste at that.

-Ryan
Old 10-26-2007, 09:40 PM

2008 Mercedes C350 Sport
Congrats!

Congrats fellow Miami person! I should have mine on Monday! Sold my Acura TSX on Wednesday.

FYI, guys ... I think that the grammar errors are due to English being his second language. It is quite unfair to generalize and judge without substantial knowledge of the underlying situation!
Old 10-26-2007, 09:55 PM

I own 2008 C-350 2008 E-350 2005 C -230 Kompressor 2006 FORd F-350 6.0
Originally Posted by CarGuru
It blows my mind that there are people out there that have grammar-school level writing skills, with the means or ability to purchase a $40K+ Automobile and have good taste at that.

-Ryan
MY eyes are tired all day form using the computer plus i have dislexia so i never bother what i type to read cause its the end of the day. And by the way i run a largecompany even with my mispelled grammer so you know.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
When you drive a benz...do you really need to know how to spell? lol cut him some slack.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:14 PM

2008 C350WZ
ATSOBE,

you mentioned the car is low to the ground with the 18" AMG. Although I like the 17" AMG, I wish I had some patience to get 18" ones. Did you order the car?

And regarding the wheels making the car look lower to ground... I just read that the new W204 had the engines placed lower to ground, thus lowering the center of gravity... so not only does the car look low, but makes you the way it handles too

Enjoy it and write more on what you like/dislike as the miles add up!
Old 10-26-2007, 10:23 PM
err

2008 C350 Arctic White, 2013 Infiniti JX35

-Ryan
Well keep in mind there are LOTS of wealthy people here in US that doesn't even speak nor write proper English.

Many of those small foreign business owners you see running your grocery shops, restaurants, construction companies, and even real estate business are wealthy. They even seem to appreciate Mercedes more than most people and actually are willing to spend their hard earned savings to splurge on a car.

sometimes when I see these foreigners step out of their S550, ML or E550, I am always tempted to think "how can this guy afford the car, their look definitely don't support it"... but they can drive a really nice Mercedes... and more often than not, they pay in COLD CASH!

Old 10-26-2007, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
By the way..a Sport starts at $31,975 so a lot of people could be riding in a Benz if they just did some homework. Take a look at some of the cars out there now and you have Honda Accords at $30k, Toyota Camry's at $28k, and my favs are the farmers out there rolling in $40-$50k diesel trucks. You don't always have to have a fully loaded Benz to have a nice Benz and not be rich to do so.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Originally Posted by err
Well keep in mind there are LOTS of wealthy people here in US that doesn't even speak nor write proper English.

Many of those small foreign business owners you see running your grocery shops, restaurants, construction companies, and even real estate business are wealthy. They even seem to appreciate Mercedes more than most people and actually are willing to spend their hard earned savings to splurge on a car.

sometimes when I see these foreigners step out of their S550, ML or E550, I am always tempted to think "how can this guy afford the car, their look definitely don't support it"... but they can drive a really nice Mercedes... and more often than not, they pay in COLD CASH!

I think you are not right. Foreigners have better English than native Americans.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:57 AM

2016 C400 4Matic
Originally Posted by Dema
I think you are not right. Foreigners have better English than native Americans.
Guys, typical American imperialism!!

Remember, those immigrants speak more languages than you do! and they made it in a much shorter time than a lot of people who were born and raised here.

And yes, many of them are educated and speak better English except the accent!!
Old 10-27-2007, 04:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
By the way..a Sport starts at $31,975 so a lot of people could be riding in a Benz if they just did some homework. Take a look at some of the cars out there now and you have Honda Accords at $30k, Toyota Camry's at $28k, and my favs are the farmers out there rolling in $40-$50k diesel trucks. You don't always have to have a fully loaded Benz to have a nice Benz and not be rich to do so.

I've been thinking about that since I bought my C300. Shouldn't this car have cost at least $10K more? I'm not complaining, just having a lot of fun with it.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Almost a Member!

Thinking about buying C200 kompressor AMG "Avantgarde"
^ exactly, i think all c classes should be a little bit more....$10k sounds about right. otherwise the car wont be as unique as other mercedes. Too bad
Old 10-27-2007, 12:45 PM

2008 C-350 Palladium Silver and MM.
Guys guys, you are getting quite carried away. I like the price just the way it is. However, it may also explain why some of the options that everyone wanted are missing.

It does raise an interesting issue. What is the Mercedes marketing plan behind this low price? What does everyone think? It is possible that they risk losing theie somewhat exclusive image by having a car that is lower priced. On the other hand, it does give them an opportunity to increase their vollume. This has been a long standing argument among car guys. For example, Ferrari has been thinking about offering a car at less then $100,000. The issue that keeps them from doing it is the exclusivity issue.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:38 PM

2008 C350 Sport, 2007 ML320 CDI
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Thats OK. Neither can he.
We have a new member who cannot accurately convey his English writing skills because of a disability. He is excited about his new Mercedes and wants to share his observations and his excitement with us. So what do some of you do, you ridicule him. What a great way to make a new member feel welcome!

And, amdeutch, you are a moderator - a super moderator, no less. You should be leading by example, not by making childish statements like I quoted above.

ATSOBE, welcome to mbworld.org. Thank you for sharing the photo and your excitement with us.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by Kieffer
We have a new member who cannot accurately convey his English writing skills because of a disability. He is excited about his new Mercedes and wants to share his observations and his excitement with us. So what do some of you do, you ridicule him. What a great way to make a new member feel welcome!

And, amdeutch, you are a moderator - a super moderator, no less. You should be leading by example, not by making childish statements like I quoted above.

ATSOBE, welcome to mbworld.org. Thank you for sharing the photo and your excitement with us.
They were unaware of his disability when they posted that. If you've been here as long as some of us, you'd be annoyed to hell, back to Earth, and to hell again with the number of new members who can barely get their thoughts together in a coherent sentence.

But we're over that now.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by AsianML
They were unaware of his disability when they posted that. If you've been here as long as some of us, you'd be annoyed to hell, back to Earth, and to hell again with the number of new members who can barely get their thoughts together in a coherent sentence.

But we're over that now.
I understand your point, but being unaware of the disability, one would most logically assume that English was not his first language. And that would not be justification for this kind of behavior either.

AsianML, so far I've only been "annoyed to hell," as you said. I don't see myself staying around here long enough to get back to Earth. Why do all of you put up with this stuff - especially from certain people who should know better? Life is too short to go to hell and back.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic Wagon, 2013 C350 4Matic Sedan
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
When you drive a benz...do you really need to know how to spell? lol cut him some slack.
Maybe instead of memory seats, MB can put in a spell-checker.
(Joking... of course). Living in Canada, we are privileged in having such a multicultural society. Ever since school, we are all taught to be inclusive. If indeed this guy built a large company, despite having a disability and lack of English skills, all the more power to him.

[sorry for the social commentary]
Old 10-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by Kieffer
.....And, amdeutch, you are a moderator - a super moderator, no less. You should be leading by example, not by making childish statements like I quoted above......
NP. Interestingly enough I didn't realise that the condition also included sentence structure, punctuation, etc, in addition to spelling. Thank you for clearing that up.

P.S.
You forgot a 's'.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by Chaz00Blue
Guys guys, you are getting quite carried away. I like the price just the way it is. However, it may also explain why some of the options that everyone wanted are missing.

It does raise an interesting issue. What is the Mercedes marketing plan behind this low price? What does everyone think? It is possible that they risk losing theie somewhat exclusive image by having a car that is lower priced. On the other hand, it does give them an opportunity to increase their vollume. This has been a long standing argument among car guys. For example, Ferrari has been thinking about offering a car at less then $100,000. The issue that keeps them from doing it is the exclusivity issue.
The marketing plan is simple, offer a new car with good looks, make it affordable, preferably cheaper than your competition. Then once you get people into the Mercedes fold, you hope they eventually upgrade to a higher class, say an E or an ML. But seriously, my thoughts are that MB is offering the car without all the options cause its new, lets face it, if they put everything the out going w203 had as standard options on the new car, keeping in mind you have to pay more money for new technology, the car would have easily came in at a base price in the low 40k's. The car magazines and reviewers would have had a hay day writing how much the sticker price went up, this way they can start a new car at less than the out going model's price. If my guesses are right, they will add all the other options next year as they retool their options packages. Most if not all of the options in the P1 will become standard, and they will seperate some options like the Xenon headlights into their own package. This seems common MB practice from year to year, its almost clockwork.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by amdeutsch

P.S.
You forgot a 's'.

Ooooh, that hurt. Is that all you've got?
Old 10-28-2007, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)

-Ryan
dude, the guy is obviously a foreigner and english is his second language... lets see you type that well in spanish or something...

take it easy on the guy
Old 10-28-2007, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
welcome And Nice car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just Got my 350 and feel like it a ferrari