C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

"Looks" you are getting in your 2008 C

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Originally Posted by ora12
Cause I like cars? Okay... love cars? Yes, I'm a car freak but there's plenty of us. We tend to keep amongst ourselves or simply we just haven't spoken up.
yeppers you guys can count me in as another "chick" who loves cars my previous ride before the C now had a HKS exhaust , Progressive MEs rims and was dropped 1.5" with an Eibach Kit
Old 11-17-2007, 12:55 PM

2008 C300 Sport 4matic
Originally Posted by omgitselaine
yeppers you guys can count me in as another "chick" who loves cars my previous ride before the C now had a HKS exhaust , Progressive MEs rims and was dropped 1.5" with an Eibach Kit
Sweet!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:54 AM

C300 (W204) w/ MM, P1, & 18"amg's
Being that I am just 18 (not bad looking eather) driving the new C i always get looks. and i see alot of people talking about "chicks" and ill admit i got pretty girls before but now... i get models. and even more looks when i get outa my C with a sexy 6'2" chick... what can i say =P
Old 11-19-2007, 02:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
c300 sport
^*throwup*
Old 11-19-2007, 03:39 PM

08 C300 4-Matic, P1 P2 MM iPod Kit
Originally Posted by Lakerz4sho
^*throwup*
2nd that!
Shouldn't he be driving a lexus?
Old 11-19-2007, 03:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic Wagon, 2013 C350 4Matic Sedan
Originally Posted by Chi-Benz
2nd that!
I used to drive a Lexus and I take offense to that!

Old 11-20-2007, 12:36 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Attracting the wrong attention

<<I agree with all of the above! I live in Miami and even though the streets are flooded with cars that are much more significant than the C, my Mars Red C350 seems to always be the center of attention!>>

I have had a few compliments about my Barolo red/Beige/18s C300 which are appreciated, but I would just as soon go unnoticed. Especially by the po-leece.

Stay the hell away from my car is my unspoken motto.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by poamike
Being that I am just 18 (not bad looking eather) driving the new C i always get looks. and i see alot of people talking about "chicks" and ill admit i got pretty girls before but now... i get models. and even more looks when i get outa my C with a sexy 6'2" chick... what can i say =P
you are so awesome i wish i was you.

ps. 6'2"... hope you're checking for bait and tackle down thurr with your broads
Old 11-20-2007, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Chi-Benz
2nd that!

lol not my first car.. its an upgrade... from a 2000 oldsmoblie silhouette... ya i would have been happy in a yaris... from my silhouette to my c... upgrade to say the least lmao.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:31 PM

08 C300 4-Matic, P1 P2 MM iPod Kit
Originally Posted by peabers
I used to drive a Lexus and I take offense to that!

Sorry peabers! I meant Toyota...no, no Lexus, I mean Toyota
Old 11-20-2007, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by ZedStyle
you are so awesome i wish i was you.

ps. 6'2"... hope you're checking for bait and tackle down thurr with your broads
hahahhahhahhah

what a POS this guy is
Old 01-28-2008, 06:47 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
Here in LA the new C might turn a few heads...just as much as a CLS, S550 or SL etc. (Benzes are like GM products in this region) On a daily basis I see dozens of Ferrari/Lambo/Bentley/Aston....its a different ball game here I guess. In a different city the C may be more cool then compared to the armpit of CA. Oh and I see a lot of women driving them....but then again I see women driving Bentley GT's, S63's, F430's, 911's, SL55's etc.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:12 AM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
Gimme a break. The attraction to this thread by other class owners is because of the thread caption.
Branch out folks, read the other threads, we discuss some very interesting things...not about if we get noticed by the other sex in our cars...but interesting nonetheless. The new C is a very nice looking car, sexy lines, a little beefier looking than the previous model, but certainly not a "chick" car. "Chick" car defined as : a car being driven solely by women or a great concentration of, or "chick" car: a car that attracts the female sex.
I get the same looks in my CL as I do in my 99 Saturn POS. Are they thinking the same thing? God that's a sweet CL or Holy cr@p that Saturn is a piece of *****!
I think it is wishful thinking on your part if you think he or she is checking YOU out...it's the car, it's nice looking, and it's new to the roads. Get over yourselves.
Gotta go now...in the CL forum we are discussing whether boxers or briefs make our packages stand out more in jeans.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:37 AM

^Wow... guess you really arnt that goodlooking then... Its ok you have a CL to compensate.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:49 AM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
[QUOTE=PoaMike;2621643]^Wow... guess you really arnt that goodlooking then... Its ok you have a CL to compensate. [/QUOT

Yeah, thank god, I'm such a slug I need a nice car to get people to notice/talk to me! Thank you Mercedes for making me the man I am today.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:09 AM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
Originally Posted by rb23lb
hahahhahhahhah

what a POS this guy is

Hey! I think I know that chick...her name is Steve, or Bill, no no wait it's definitely Tom..
Old 01-28-2008, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
When my girlfriend saw mine, she said, "you could get so much tail with this thing." I thought it was funny.

Anyway, we are the bottom feeders here. I was looking around the site in the "real mercedes" threads and realized I am a wannabe. Don't dare take the emblems off of your C or put AMG emblems on it. The former means you are hiding the fact that you can't afford a real mercedes and the latter, which is silly and not likely for most, means you're a poser.

I came into this thinking I was a European car enthusiast who wanted to modify something a little different than what I am used to. I am confused though....is a poser someone who works on their car to make it better, faster, etc., or someone who just buys a fast car?

Last edited by Derspeed; 01-28-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:09 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
Originally Posted by Derspeed
When my girlfriend saw mine, she said, "you could get so much tail with this thing." I thought it was funny.

Anyway, we are the bottom feeders here. I was looking around the site in the "real mercedes" threads and realized I am a wannabe. Don't dare take the emblems off of your C or put AMG emblems on it. The former means you are hiding the fact that you can't afford a real mercedes and the latter, which is silly and not likely for most, means you're a poser.

I came into this thinking I was a European car enthusiast who wanted to modify something a little different than what I am used to. I am confused though....is a poser someone who works on their car to make it better, faster, etc., or someone who just buys a fast car?
Not at all true! How can you say you are a bottom feeder? There are much faster cars out there that are less expensive than yours. Hell, you could buy an SRT Neon and have pretty much the same options and maybe more performance. You chose MB because of what it represents, and what it says about you. You prefer quality, comfort, history, sophistication and class. I drive a CL500 which is big, slow, and kinda boaty...but I LOVE her! I could have had a fast GTO or Corvette for the money but I chose the same thing you did. A poser does nothing to modify his/her car except for some badging to fool the average man...you won't fool a MB man or woman though. You drive a great cat, be proud. Take a look at some of the forums and see the pride people have in their cars...even the 15 year old diesel that is hard to keep running...you see it there too. We don't own our cars to get us from point A to point B...there is soo much more to it, don't you agree?
Old 01-28-2008, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Originally Posted by Jay9722
We don't own our cars to get us from point A to point B...there is soo much more to it, don't you agree?
I totally agree. I chose my C mainly because I got a better feeling in my gut when I drove it vs other Euros. It's not the fastest or best handling car I considered. It just felt right and has potential.

I was merely joking about some posts I saw in other areas of this site where such words and thoughts were tossed around by some who seem to spend their way to legitimacy. A little snobbish, I thought. No biggie.

I was reminded of seeing guys around town with STIs or EVO VIIIs, bragging about how fast the car is that they bought, vs some people I know who build fast cars. Fast is not the issue; it's just an example.

We are not bottom feeders. I was just making ridiculous joke to point out some ridiculousness.

Last edited by Derspeed; 01-28-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:21 PM

C300 Sport
I bought mine because my MB dealer was the fastest one to push the car out. I went to BMW, AUDI, Infiniti and MB, and told them who ever can hand me over the key the fastest will have my business.

Well, it's not entirely true. I kinda hoped that it'd be MB, because 1) This model will be around for at least 6 years after my purchase, so I don't have to look at a W205 and sigh anytime soon. 2) Many 20 something male BMW drivers in my area are motherless, tasteless snobs and I don't want anything to do with them. 3) A4 was on its way out. 4) There's something about G37's finish that just bothers me. 5) W204 has the perfect balance of comfort and sporty, being a looker yet not too flashy, IMO

As far as getting looks in W204...I really wouldn't know because I keep my eyes on the road when I drive.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport, MM, P1
I was watching this lady walk her dog around my car in a shopping center parking lot. my first thoughts were "ooh lady you better not let your dog pee on my tires!" then i realized she was doing a 360 around my car and checking it out. when she was walking away her head was still turned around staring at my car. i chuckled to myself because this is the same stuff we talk about on this forum all day long.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by Derspeed

ONLY CHEAP DOUCHE BAG POSERS TAKE OFF EMBLEMS
Old 01-29-2008, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport, MM, P1
i guess this topic shows up on every thread!
Old 01-29-2008, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Originally Posted by Jay9722
Not at all true! How can you say you are a bottom feeder? There are much faster cars out there that are less expensive than yours. Hell, you could buy an SRT Neon and have pretty much the same options and maybe more performance. You chose MB because of what it represents, and what it says about you. You prefer quality, comfort, history, sophistication and class. I drive a CL500 which is big, slow, and kinda boaty...but I LOVE her! I could have had a fast GTO or Corvette for the money but I chose the same thing you did. A poser does nothing to modify his/her car except for some badging to fool the average man...you won't fool a MB man or woman though. You drive a great cat, be proud. Take a look at some of the forums and see the pride people have in their cars...even the 15 year old diesel that is hard to keep running...you see it there too. We don't own our cars to get us from point A to point B...there is soo much more to it, don't you agree?
Big +1.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
c300 sport
i try to leave my car within eyeshot of the restaurant window when i go for lunch. i would say about 75% of the time somebody walks past my car, they at least give it a 2nd or 3rd look. i think it's because of the unfamiliar design and relative scarcity of the w204's on the road right now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "Looks" you are getting in your 2008 C