C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Finally got my Palladium 350 Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Palladium C350 Sport
Finally got my Palladium 350 Sport

Got back from the dealership tonight with this baby, took it onto the freeway to rev it up for once before i start the proper break-in just to see how "slow" it is like everyone said .... but i was deeply disappointed, cuz it aint slow at all, did a 0-60 in manual mode and 60-100 pull on the freeway, the V6 sounds smooth as cream, while you feel the pull as it accelerates, its not the neck snapping kinda acceleration like the 335 offers which i had hard time deciding between the two, but very decent, just enough HP for anyone to manuver in all kinds of situations, not too mention the styling .... Palladium Silver just shows the how muscular and chizzled, really shows the full Sport bodykit as if it was some kind of sculpture, Palladium shows the lines more than any other color i'd say, and the design of the interior doesn't really look as plasticky as some complains. Now i had a hard time deciding if i should pay for a $40K + vehicle when it doesnt offer Memory Seat/Key, Keyless Go and da da da and so on, then it started..... when i physically drove it home ...... i just didnt care if only it had this and that, i feel fullfiled just cruising in it, and i told myself, God DAMN, this car is ALLLL about STYLE baby! i just dont give a crap about it no more! really glad that i went with Style&Performance rather than BigNostrils&Breaking my Neck.

BTW, if anyone's interested in the deal that i got, here it is :
C350 Sport, Palladium Silver, P2 PKG, Mutilmedia, IPod.
MBUSA quoted $42660+tax/license= $46926, got a $1426 discount which aint that much of a discount compared to other guys over here, but its all good i guess what's done is done, i already paid for it, cant change nothing now..... got it at Fletcher Jones Newport Beach, CA. bigass dealership, great service, but crappy discounts, i'll post pic as soon as the sun comes up tomorrow
Old 11-14-2007, 07:20 AM

C180K 2011 COMAND, AMG, Dynamic Xenon, Business Pack, H&K Audio and +
congrats man. have fun with it . after 1000mi hehehehe

I have yet to do almost 300mi more.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:30 AM

2008 C-350 Palladium Silver and MM.
Congrats!!! My wait is almost over too, mine is on the boat.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:07 AM

C3004Matic Sport, Blk on Blk, Pano, P1, MMC, Ipod
slow?

I don't think I'd call the 350 slow. Not fast yes, but slow no. The c300 is slow, comparitvely speaking. I am one who has bashed the mercedes for being slow, referring to the c300 awd (my car of choice), but also observed the c350 ain't no sprinter, either. I guess my beef is that they promised me a mercedes. And what I got is a reasonably athletic car, with reasonable speed, with reasonable creature comforts, offering reasonable safety, at a reasonable price, but with exceptional styling (in my opinion). Like I said, they promised me a mercedes. What I got was an acura or something which is merely competitive in all categories (except for styling), but excels in none. Give me a c350AWD with bigger brakes, rear side airbags, memory seats, keyless go, and better interior choices, and I'd shut up real quick.

Well, enjoy!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
CONGRATS ON THE CAR!!

Mine hasn't even started production yet...
Old 11-14-2007, 11:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 C 300 Sport, '01 SL 500 & '08 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD
Originally Posted by 430752
I don't think I'd call the 350 slow. Not fast yes, but slow no. The c300 is slow, comparitvely speaking. I am one who has bashed the mercedes for being slow, referring to the c300 awd (my car of choice), but also observed the c350 ain't no sprinter, either. I guess my beef is that they promised me a mercedes. And what I got is a reasonably athletic car, with reasonable speed, with reasonable creature comforts, offering reasonable safety, at a reasonable price, but with exceptional styling (in my opinion). Like I said, they promised me a mercedes. What I got was an acura or something which is merely competitive in all categories (except for styling), but excels in none. Give me a c350AWD with bigger brakes, rear side airbags, memory seats, keyless go, and better interior choices, and I'd shut up real quick.

Well, enjoy!

Some of the slow comments get me weak, I've got a car with 450 hp that will launch your **** to the moon if you request it ever so eloquently via your right foot. When I demo'd the C300 .Vs C350 back to back both cars feel nearly the same from 60 mph on up, the C300 lacks the initial pull right off the line but it's not slow by anymeans. If there is any question to disbelief on my behalf I gladly invite you to meet up with me and you can spend 20 min riding with me in the lowly 3.0L powered car, I simply wouldn't want to ruin the seats though after you pissed your pants.

-Ryan
Old 11-14-2007, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by CarGuru
If there is any question to disbelief on my behalf I gladly invite you to meet up with me and you can spend 20 min riding with me in the lowly 3.0L powered car, I simply wouldn't want to ruin the seats though after you pissed your pants.

-Ryan
Wow, I dunno if that is a challenge or a threat! But, coming from a guy who was just crying about his wife's c-class getting paint dings, and yet managed to squeeze in several references to his Porsche, I'll take it as a threat. It is okay, your ego is unharmed, you're the better man.

Maybe we can simply agree to disagree on the c300 being a bit of a pig?
Old 11-14-2007, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Congrats on the car...your a bigger man than I am. I would never think of taking my new car out and doing what you did before the break in period ha ha. Although with the way new cars are built, the break in period is probably moot, you never hear of anyone hurting their engines before break in anymore, but I still don't want to be dropping a new engine in my car after I toast my brand new one. Word of advice next time....run the **** out of the demo car and save the babying for your own ride lol.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:17 PM

Wow, I dunno if that is a challenge or a threat! But, coming from a guy who was just crying about his wife's c-class getting paint dings, and yet managed to squeeze in several references to his Porsche, I'll take it as a threat. It is okay, your ego is unharmed, you're the better man.

Maybe we can simply agree to disagree on the c300 being a bit of a pig?
No threat, it's just I bet if Schumacher took you around the ring in a C300 and MB never made a C350 you would likely think the C300 was fast and pleanty adequate. And yes I DO LOVE MY P-Car I work too damn much to enjoy it so any chance whether small talk or BS-ing on the internet I can get a plug in, I try to. Should the opportunity to own one arise one day you will understand.

-Ryan
Old 11-15-2007, 04:20 AM
Almost a Member!

Thinking about buying C200 kompressor AMG "Avantgarde"
^haha, you boys and your toys....

Btw, the C350 is not slow like 430752 said. slower than others maybe but its definately not slow.

now reagrding the c300 and c350, well i have no idea. Also don't compare higher HP japanese cars to your c350. i found that Japanese cars HP is a little overrated while german cars are underrated. thats just my opinion.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:45 AM

2008 Palladium C350 Sport
Originally Posted by blackwidow99
^haha, you boys and your toys....

Btw, the C350 is not slow like 430752 said. slower than others maybe but its definately not slow.

now reagrding the c300 and c350, well i have no idea. Also don't compare higher HP japanese cars to your c350. i found that Japanese cars HP is a little overrated while german cars are underrated. thats just my opinion.
absolutely right, german HP is higher to my understanding, i'll try posting pic ASAP, thx guys
Old 11-15-2007, 09:34 AM

CarGuru-

That Porsche is nice, twin turbo right? I hate to admit it, but if I had one I'd crow about it too! And, yeah, The Shoe would make me crap myself in probably even a Honda (although it would take Senna to do that in a Kia!)

C350 Slow?

Somehow I've become the poster boy for this, but go back and read my post, I said I wouldn't call the c350 slow. Not fast, sure. but not slow. My beef is with the c300 4matic, which is the only way you can get a 4matic. I think that car is slow, although note I said comparatively. Geez. What I mean is that in the awd market, it will get its clock cleaned by the 335ix, g35x, audi a4 3.2 (or 2.0t with the chip), and even the subie spec.B - basically its entire competition. I'm rallying against MBUSA offering only the 4matic c-class in base engine trim, when in all other markets (well, at least canada and europe, haven't checked others) it is offered in the c350 trim. Gimmie the c350 4matic and I'd be happy. Otherwise, I'm gonna gripe that they promised me a Mercedes and instead I got an Acura (but even those are better in many regards!)

Rice Racers' HP

I dunno about that statement that Kraut Kars are underrated. The only one I've heard that about is the a4 2.0t, where audi supposedly purposefully underrates the HP so as not to leach sales from the 3.2v6. The 2.0t is an incredible mill no doubt, and with the right aftermarket tune (only about $2,500 worth) would probably be only second to the 335ix in pure power. The Rice Racers, however, are some of the only cars where the manufacturers have actually gone on record to say they do underrate their cars to abide by the gentlemen's agreement that no Ricer will be over 300hp. Of course, this was first proven a lie with the famed Nissan Skylines, where they put what amounts to a restrictor plate somewhere in the exhaust system (b/w header and cat, me thinks), to articifically reduce hp to like 250 or something. Of course, they painted the thing yellos so as soon as you got home you removed it and voila 300+. The turbo'd supra was also purposefully lied about in HP. To give you an idea, I think a modified supra recently claimed fastest land speed for production based car on some airstrip runway somewhere. Then we have the Rex's, Sti's and Evos, which are clearly underrated by about 20-25hp. Although, I think the most recent Sti coming next year finally fesses up and admits it is over the 300hp unofficial japanese limit. So, no, rice racers are the ones who underreport. But I'll grant you that those are the performance rice racers. The run-of-the-mill hondas and toyotas are probably fudging their numbers.

Last edited by 430752; 11-15-2007 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:20 AM

CarGuru-

That Porsche is nice, twin turbo right? I hate to admit it, but if I had one I'd crow about it too! And, yeah, The Shoe would make me crap myself in probably even a Honda (although it would take Senna to do that in a Kia!)

C350 Slow?

Somehow I've become the poster boy for this, but go back and read my post, I said I wouldn't call the c350 slow. Not fast, sure. but not slow. My beef is with the c300 4matic, which is the only way you can get a 4matic. I think that car is slow, although note I said comparatively. Geez. What I mean is that in the awd market, it will get its clock cleaned by the 335ix, g35x, audi a4 3.2 (or 2.0t with the chip), and even the subie spec.B - basically its entire competition. I'm rallying against MBUSA offering only the 4matic c-class in base engine trim, when in all other markets (well, at least canada and europe, haven't checked others) it is offered in the c350 trim. Gimmie the c350 4matic and I'd be happy. Otherwise, I'm gonna gripe that they promised me a Mercedes and instead I got an Acura (but even those are better in many regards!)

Rice Racers' HP

I dunno about that statement that Kraut Kars are underrated. The only one I've heard that about is the a4 2.0t, where audi supposedly purposefully underrates the HP so as not to leach sales from the 3.2v6. The 2.0t is an incredible mill no doubt, and with the right aftermarket tune (only about $2,500 worth) would probably be only second to the 335ix in pure power. The Rice Racers, however, are some of the only cars where the manufacturers have actually gone on record to say they do underrate their cars to abide by the gentlemen's agreement that no Ricer will be over 300hp. Of course, this was first proven a lie with the famed Nissan Skylines, where they put what amounts to a restrictor plate somewhere in the exhaust system (b/w header and cat, me thinks), to articifically reduce hp to like 250 or something. Of course, they painted the thing yellos so as soon as you got home you removed it and voila 300+. The turbo'd supra was also purposefully lied about in HP. To give you an idea, I think a modified supra recently claimed fastest land speed for production based car on some airstrip runway somewhere. Then we have the Rex's, Sti's and Evos, which are clearly underrated by about 20-25hp. Although, I think the most recent Sti coming next year finally fesses up and admits it is over the 300hp unofficial japanese limit. So, no, rice racers are the ones who underreport. But I'll grant you that those are the performance rice racers. The run-of-the-mill hondas and toyotas are probably fudging their numbers.
It's all for fun, and at the end of the day each and all of us love our new W204's that's why we come back to this site and talk about it right?

-Ryan
Old 11-15-2007, 07:37 PM

2008 C350 and 2003 Z4 3.0
Slow, when I though I was going to give it back due to licensing issues, I drove my C350 in manual mode in 1st to redline it shifts into 2nd and at redline it shifts into 3rd. This is not a slow car and it is fun to drive.

Good luck with your car and you are going to love the color.