C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Photo of Quick Park Sensors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 04:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350
Originally Posted by phs
If it is not too inconvenient, would you be so kind as to post a picture of the parktronic indicator inside your car cabin?
Please do, this will not only help up see the installation, but it will let you know if you got a genuine MB or a third party. Thanks
Old 11-26-2007, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Luxury
Originally Posted by phs
If it is not too inconvenient, would you be so kind as to post a picture of the parktronic indicator inside your car cabin?
Please see pictures of rear sensors and inside indicator attached.
Attached Thumbnails Photo of Quick Park Sensors-img_1061a.jpg   Photo of Quick Park Sensors-img_1063a.jpg  
Old 11-27-2007, 12:44 AM

08 C350 4Matic -Premium- Comand NAV-Keyless-GO-Panoramic-Rear Win Sunshade-Memory seat-Quickpark-AMG
Originally Posted by ogrotewohl
this 1 is call parktronic or quickpark? i got quickpark too (quick park NO inside indicator @ CAN) ,but i saw some high grade likes S-class mould on bumper is very nice & perfect(<==that's call parktronic??)

Last edited by aansonsit; 11-27-2007 at 12:55 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:34 AM
phs

12 SLK55AMG 18 C43AMG 19GLC63sAMG
Red face

Originally Posted by ogrotewohl
Thank you for your pic. Looks like a true Parktronic system. I wonder if I can get it installed when I get my car delivered in Feb? Any Canadian/Toronto guys out there? Help!
Old 11-27-2007, 10:54 AM

2008 C350 Sport, 2007 ML320 CDI
That is NOT Parktronic. Look at the Parktronic visual system in any new MB and you'll see that neither the front nor the rear visual displays look anything like this. But, check out this Ebay ad for a system at about $25. Does it look familiar?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Parking-Reve...QQcmdZViewItem

Don't get me wrong - I think your dealer did an excellent installation job! If it works well, I think you did really well. But your dealer should be honest with you and tell you that this is not Parktronic - and should adjust your bill accordingly.

Last edited by Kieffer; 11-27-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350
If that one is NOT a genuine parktronic, can someone please post a picture of the real w204 parktronic display?

BTW ogro, you were charged mostly for the instalation, and telling from the prictures your dealer did an excellent job, and the labor price is probably in range considering the quality, but as stated before, he should be honest about the product.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:30 PM

Here you go. The front and back visual indicators are identical on MB Parktronic systems - the back one may be a bit smaller, but they both look and function the same way.
Attached Thumbnails Photo of Quick Park Sensors-parktronic.jpg  
Old 11-27-2007, 06:09 PM

C300 Luxury
Originally Posted by Kieffer
That is NOT Parktronic. Look at the Parktronic visual system in any new MB and you'll see that neither the front nor the rear visual displays look anything like this. But, check out this Ebay ad for a system at about $25. Does it look familiar?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Parking-Reve...QQcmdZViewItem

Don't get me wrong - I think your dealer did an excellent installation job! If it works well, I think you did really well. But your dealer should be honest with you and tell you that this is not Parktronic - and should adjust your bill accordingly.

Thanks Kieffer, for digging up the ebay link. Agree that this looks remarkably like my system, although the LED color scheme is different.
Agree that the dealer should have been clear that this is not an MB system, but quite honestly, I am happy with it, it works well and the installation charge seems not too outrageous. I'd rather have this system (with visual indicator that can be read through the rear view mirror) than a genuine MB quickpark with audio only. Plus, since they installed it as a dealer-installed option, I would think I'd have a pretty good case that they are obligated to fix it (under warranty if applicable) if something goes wrong.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:52 PM

I don't blame you - I like your system, too! It would be great to have a visual indicator. I do think your dealer should have been up front with you. But at least they did a great job with the installation. I wonder how they were going to do a front sensor system? With the MB system, it only activates when the car's speed falls below something like 5mph. If you decide to have the dealer do the front system, and it looks and functions as well as the rear system, I'd be tempted to drive across country to have them do mine.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:30 PM

C300 Luxury
I don't blame you - I like your system, too! It would be great to have a visual indicator. I do think your dealer should have been up front with you. But at least they did a great job with the installation. I wonder how they were going to do a front sensor system? With the MB system, it only activates when the car's speed falls below something like 5mph. If you decide to have the dealer do the front system, and it looks and functions as well as the rear system, I'd be tempted to drive across country to have them do mine.
I spoke to my sales person, and she confirmed that this is not an original MB part - I also went back to the paperwork from the sale and it did actually indicate that they were going to have a third party install the system - apparently I was too excited about the new car to listen carefully.

MB of SF work with a company called Audio Symphony on Van Ness Ave (Yelp reviews at http://www.yelp.com/biz/T3Z-lXqBhKcTloNtQ8_JSw). So this outfit may be able to give you the info on price, part numbers etc. I would imagine that it would be slightly cheaper going to them directly without MB taking their cut.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:40 PM

2018 C300 Cabrio & 2018 GLE AMG 43 SUV
QuickPark Issue - Need Help

Okay - the dealer just installed QuickPark on my C300 this week and I have 2 issues (picture attached).

1. Location. They seem like they are too high on the bumper and they are not sensing anything that is low. For instance, I got these to avoid from doing what I already did with my C280 which was hit a small stump and do $1200 in damage. They are not even sensing snow banks that are about 18" high. Do they look like they are installed right or should they be lower...I see 2 different install locations on this thread...maybe it is because I have the Luxury package which is a different bumper.

2. Color. They didnt paint the outside circle (only the inside) so now they stand out like a sore thumb. Please tell me this really is not right! Also, I paid the additional $200 (on top of the $700 for parts including install).

I REALLY dont like being the FIRST at anything with the dealer and this of course was their first Quickpark install on a C300.

Thanks everyone for the help....next is to tackle the nets in the trunk - the dealership has never done these before either .... grrrrr.
Attached Thumbnails Photo of Quick Park Sensors-2300cquickpark.jpg  
Old 12-09-2007, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 G63 AMG
i was going to get quickpark installed on my 204, which is white also.
but after seeing what it looks like on white,,,no thanks

actually.. i think they forgot to paint them.
cuz on the pictures above in this thread, theyre painted and not black
Old 12-09-2007, 07:04 PM

Yeah, I see you point 'vcruiser'. I will have to show you more pics as I have a white with pano roof as well...(just not a 350 because that didnt come in 4Matic and I live in Minnesota). I think the paint part is going to be easy to fix as they know they messed up (obviously). The part that sucks is now I dont think they function well due to their location and there are holes in my bumper. Grrrrrrr.

{Please feel free to take my picture in and tell them what NOT TO DO}
Old 12-09-2007, 07:13 PM

w204-C300
Originally Posted by BryC300
Okay - the dealer just installed QuickPark on my C300 this week and I have 2 issues (picture attached).

1. Location. They seem like they are too high on the bumper and they are not sensing anything that is low. For instance, I got these to avoid from doing what I already did with my C280 which was hit a small stump and do $1200 in damage. They are not even sensing snow banks that are about 18" high. Do they look like they are installed right or should they be lower...I see 2 different install locations on this thread...maybe it is because I have the Luxury package which is a different bumper.

2. Color. They didnt paint the outside circle (only the inside) so now they stand out like a sore thumb. Please tell me this really is not right! Also, I paid the additional $200 (on top of the $700 for parts including install).

I REALLY dont like being the FIRST at anything with the dealer and this of course was their first Quickpark install on a C300.

Thanks everyone for the help....next is to tackle the nets in the trunk - the dealership has never done these before either .... grrrrr.
wow man.. that's ugly.. can't they do anything about it?
Old 12-09-2007, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Yeah, I see you point 'vcruiser'. I will have to show you more pics as I have a white with pano roof as well...(just not a 350 because that didnt come in 4Matic and I live in Minnesota). I think the paint part is going to be easy to fix as they know they messed up (obviously). The part that sucks is now I dont think they function well due to their location and there are holes in my bumper. Grrrrrrr.

{Please feel free to take my picture in and tell them what NOT TO DO}
Hi BryC300, first fellow MN I've seen here. Which dealer did you buy from? I'm thinking of getting it installed on my car when it gets here in January.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:34 PM

They should paint the outer ring, as well - that's really bad. My dealer painted mine.

When these are shipped, they come in plastic holder designed to be painted - outer ring and all. So your dealer must not have known what it was doing. It would take no more time or $ to paint that outer ring, as it all comes in a holder designed to be shot with paint at the same time!

Make them fix it - it is fixable.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:53 AM

Hello as well - guess we are the first 50 or so in the cities to have this car.
I have bought my last 3 mercedes from Feldmann in Bloomington. Their customer service is awesome and I have always been treated right.

Unfortunately I was the guinea pig for these sensors and they told me that they will fix it, just an incovenience is all.

I was also worried about the location of the install becaue they only seem to work if I am backing into a 6 foot wall....they dont sense things lower than the bumper which is bumming me out and second guessing my purchase.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:55 AM

Is there any way that you can be there when they remove the bumper cover? The reason I ask is that, when my dealership removed my bumper cover, we were all surprised to find that the inside of the plastic cover was already marked with the drill locations for these sensors.

I compared my photo (the first in this thread) to your photo. Yours are definitely higher than mine. Mine function well - no complaints. Where yours are located there may have a slight, upward tilt to the bumper cover.

Look at this photo I found in the picture thread on this forum. It appears to be a Euro, luxury version. It does, indeed, look like the sensors are a bit lower than yours. After finding this, I think you should definitely be there when they remove the bumper cover!

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4284/69919212yg5.jpg
Old 12-13-2007, 06:18 AM
XJ9

C350

I think that they might have mounted the sensors slightly off. I can say for a fact that there are markings on the inside of the bumper cover for the sensors. All of the models for the past few years have the spots marked as it is critical for proper operation. I have to check to see exactly where those sensors are supposed to sit on the new C though.

The rings should be painted as well but the wis docs dont specify this. I am not sure what the procedure is for this since the dealership where I work uses a different kit than the quickpark but I do know that the guys who do it have the sensors painted with factory paint and the display bezels get either painted or wrapped in leather to match the interior. I dont think that you overpaid because I believe when we sell the parking sensors the price is around 700 as well though the kit does include the display and paint matching. I would take it back and have them paint the sensor rings to match.
Attached Thumbnails Photo of Quick Park Sensors-park1.jpg   Photo of Quick Park Sensors-park2.jpg   Photo of Quick Park Sensors-park3.jpg   Photo of Quick Park Sensors-park4.jpg   Photo of Quick Park Sensors-park5.jpg  

Old 12-13-2007, 06:31 AM
XJ9

C350
Oops... I just realized thats a CLK and not a C bumper but the kit is the same kit that they install on the new C. I think one of the techs took pics of the C class when they did the first set of sensors; Ill dig those up and post them as well so we can compare.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:17 AM

BMW E90, W204 C350
Here you go. The front and back visual indicators are identical on MB Parktronic systems - the back one may be a bit smaller, but they both look and function the same way.
i asked my dealer
and they told me that they dun offer that on the C
Old 04-16-2008, 09:01 AM

I have the 2008 C 350 sport. Irridium Silver Metalic,Multimedia Package,iPod,18" AMG wheels
questions regarding parking sensors

If I get the backup camera install in my c350, (using the w204vim) is it nessesary to have parking sensors install as well?

please help.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:52 PM

BMW E90, W204 C350
i think backup camera is not as useful as the sensors imho
I doubt u would be looking at the screen even if there is a camera image