Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
Photo of Quick Park Sensors >

Photo of Quick Park Sensors

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Photo of Quick Park Sensors

 
Old 11-18-2007, 09:33 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Kieffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 201
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350 Sport, 2007 ML320 CDI
Photo of Quick Park Sensors

I picked up my C350 on Friday. The day before, I insisted on "supervising" the installation of the Quick Park sensors. When they pulled the bumper cover off, we were all surprised to see that the inside of the bumper cover was already scored with marks showing exactly where each sensor hole should be drilled - and those marks were exactly where the accessory brochure shows they should be! So those of you who have had dealers say that the instructions indicate otherwise, they are truly full of it.

Here is a "fair" photo of the sensors. They hardly show at all, but the camera's flash makes them appear more noticeable than they really are. And the system works perfectly. No false alarms, etc.
Attached Thumbnails Photo of Quick Park Sensors-c350-005.jpg  
Kieffer is offline  
Old 11-18-2007, 09:40 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
itcrashed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 387
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB w204 C300 Sport, Audi B7 A4 2.0TQ, Porsche Cayman 981
thanks for the info and the pic, kieffer.

i plan on getting quick park installed as well.
itcrashed is offline  
Old 11-18-2007, 09:49 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Bokx_350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 430
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Thanks for the info. I would like to ask a couple of questions.
Does the quickpark system mutes/lowers the volume of your stereo when you put your car in reverse? Does the beeping sound from the system comes out of your stereo speakers? if not, where does it come from. And the big one; how much was your total? I appreciate your help as this will be a great aid in making my desicion.
Thanks
Bokx_350 is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 02:58 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
lx Raven xl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Posts: 412
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C180K 2011 COMAND, AMG, Dynamic Xenon, Business Pack, H&K Audio and +
it does not mute the stereo for me. Normally I use the visual than the sound. visual are very accurate as well. or press the mute button on steering.

I do not think the sound comes from the stereo speaker. I will check where it comes from.

The total ? well i got a comfort package and this includes the park sensors. I m in amsterdam btw.


and yes , You wont even notice the park sensors standing close the car unlesss you really look for them. I got metalic black and still they are not noticeble.

Last edited by lx Raven xl; 11-19-2007 at 03:01 AM.
lx Raven xl is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 07:01 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Bokx_350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 430
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
I thought the dealer-installed quick park did not have a visual. Kieffer, does yours have a visual?
Bokx_350 is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 07:33 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
lx Raven xl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Posts: 412
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C180K 2011 COMAND, AMG, Dynamic Xenon, Business Pack, H&K Audio and +
Originally Posted by Bokx_350 View Post
I thought the dealer-installed quick park did not have a visual. Kieffer, does yours have a visual?
Then it must be something different you guys have in US. I got front and rear park sensor and have the diplay unit for them as well at front dash centre and at rear seat roof behind the rear seats reading lights pannel.
lx Raven xl is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 09:11 AM
  #7  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 568
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1963 220Sb
Originally Posted by lx Raven xl View Post
Then it must be something different you guys have in US. I got front and rear park sensor and have the diplay unit for them as well at front dash centre and at rear seat roof behind the rear seats reading lights pannel.
You have praktronic, which is not offered in the US. Quickpark is sensors only in the rear bumper, and only audio aid.
PHYBENZ is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 10:03 AM
  #8  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Kieffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 201
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350 Sport, 2007 ML320 CDI
Originally Posted by Bokx_350 View Post
Thanks for the info. I would like to ask a couple of questions.
Does the quickpark system mutes/lowers the volume of your stereo when you put your car in reverse? Does the beeping sound from the system comes out of your stereo speakers? if not, where does it come from. And the big one; how much was your total? I appreciate your help as this will be a great aid in making my desicion.
Thanks
Though the QP system plugs directly into the wiring "hub" in the trunk, it does not do anything to the stereo volume. It has its own speaker that mounts under the back shelf - completely invisible. There is no visual. It is NOT like Parktronic, where you rely on the visual first, then get the audible warning only when you are in the visual's "red zone." The QP starts beeping immediately upon sensing an obstacle, then the beeps get progressively closer as the bumper gets closer to the obstacle.

Though it is in the back, the sound is definitely loud enough to notice, but I don't find it intrusive at all. My dealer made the mistake of doing the QP at the price on the accessories website - $400 something, including installation! They said they sent out a company-wide e-mail saying that, though Mercedes says it should take 1.2 hours to install it, they said something like 4.0 hours should be allotted, which included painting the sensors. I was told that Mercedes is already re-evaluating their 1.2 hour estimate, but it's all probably a moot point with parktronic likely coming in 2009.

For you, just get your estimate in writing like I did so that they don't try to charge you for being on the early side of the installation learning curve. Let me know if you have any more questions.

I tested it in various parking and backup situations, and it works just as well as the Parktronic on our ML.

Last edited by Kieffer; 11-19-2007 at 10:11 AM.
Kieffer is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 10:08 AM
  #9  
Almost a Member!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 4 Matic
Does it beep inside the car or outside?
red309 is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 11:14 AM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
tanktube67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SFV CA
Posts: 4,434
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by Kieffer View Post
I picked up my C350 on Friday. The day before, I insisted on "supervising" the installation of the Quick Park sensors. When they pulled the bumper cover off, we were all surprised to see that the inside of the bumper cover was already scored with marks showing exactly where each sensor hole should be drilled - and those marks were exactly where the accessory brochure shows they should be! So those of you who have had dealers say that the instructions indicate otherwise, they are truly full of it.

Here is a "fair" photo of the sensors. They hardly show at all, but the camera's flash makes them appear more noticeable than they really are. And the system works perfectly. No false alarms, etc.
Did you get it done in the USA?
tanktube67 is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 11:25 AM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Krytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,423
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Originally Posted by tanktube67 View Post
Did you get it done in the USA?
His profile says he's from Colorado.
Krytech is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 11:33 AM
  #12  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Krytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,423
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Originally Posted by lx Raven xl View Post
You wont even notice the park sensors standing close the car unlesss you really look for them. I got metalic black and still they are not noticeble.
Question, so your car is painted in a metallic black and your sensors are not painted? I heard they came black, but I wasn't sure if it was a glossy black or not and my dealer wasn't sure. I ask because I ordered an Obsidian Black car and would like to get the sensors installed, maybe even do it myself. Thanks!
Krytech is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 12:24 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Bokx_350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 430
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
OK, So I called my dealer about the quickpark. They say it is $450 + 2 hours labor at $125/hours = $700 + tax. That does not include the painting (which they tried to convince me into not doing stating that it was optional ). Any ideas on how to bring this price down?
Bokx_350 is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 12:41 PM
  #14  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Krytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,423
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Originally Posted by Bokx_350 View Post
OK, So I called my dealer about the quickpark. They say it is $450 + 2 hours labor at $125/hours = $700 + tax. That does not include the painting (which they tried to convince me into not doing stating that it was optional ). Any ideas on how to bring this price down?
Did they say what color they come in? If I recall, the mbusa site says they come 'ready for painting' but that may mean primer gray?
Krytech is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 01:35 PM
  #15  
Member
 
aansonsit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto CANADA
Posts: 118
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C350 4Matic -Premium- Comand NAV-Keyless-GO-Panoramic-Rear Win Sunshade-Memory seat-Quickpark-AMG
my quickpark sensor (CAD $510+ $3xx labor+tax) is FREE
aansonsit is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 03:20 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Bokx_350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 430
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
I checke in another dealer and they are asking for 4 hours at $125/hour for the instalation (the first dealer raised their time to 2.5 hours). They both are charging an additional 125 just for the paint. So the totals are $1100 in one dealer and $910 in the others.

I guess I'll look for other aftermarket options as both of these prices are more than I'm willing to pay for a sensors-only kit ($700 is my highest value). I just wanted to point out the big differences in price among Mercedes dealers in the same city.
Bokx_350 is offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 02:22 AM
  #17  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Luxury
Parktronic

Originally Posted by PHYBENZ View Post
You have praktronic, which is not offered in the US. Quickpark is sensors only in the rear bumper, and only audio aid.
I had a rear Parktronic installed by my dealer in San Francisco. Has audio and visual indicators, works perfectly.
ogrotewohl is offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 08:47 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Bokx_350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 430
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Originally Posted by ogrotewohl View Post
I had a rear Parktronic installed by my dealer in San Francisco. Has audio and visual indicators, works perfectly.
Wow. Finally some good news. Now thats something I'm willing to pay for. Could you plese give more details? Like price and part number or some other reference that will help me get it here in Boston. BTW, is your car MM-packaged?

Thanks
Bokx_350 is offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 10:19 AM
  #19  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Kieffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 201
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350 Sport, 2007 ML320 CDI
Originally Posted by ogrotewohl View Post
I had a rear Parktronic installed by my dealer in San Francisco. Has audio and visual indicators, works perfectly.
Do you really have "Parktronic," or did your dealer install an aftermarket system?
Kieffer is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 12:09 AM
  #20  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 230
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Luxury 4matic
I was interested in getting it but how would it be in bumper to bumper traffic? I try to avoid parallel parking at all costs. I haven't quite mastered it yet. Which probably means I should get it.. ha.
MBfan21 is offline  
Old 11-23-2007, 02:26 AM
  #21  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Luxury
Originally Posted by Bokx_350 View Post
Wow. Finally some good news. Now thats something I'm willing to pay for. Could you plese give more details? Like price and part number or some other reference that will help me get it here in Boston. BTW, is your car MM-packaged?

Thanks

Price was about $700 if I remember correctly (for rear Parktronic only - I think they said front and back would have been $1300). Am currently traveling, so will have to get back home for exact price, not sure if part number is indicated on the sales contract.
The dealer was really nice - my sales person came to my office (10 miles out of town) to pick up the car for installation and dropped it off the same afternoon. The sensors on the rear bumper look exactly like on the pix in this thread. I can't imagine that they would have installed an aftermarket system, but I can post some pix when I get back for you all to decide. In any case, it works quite well. The indicator in the back has vertical bars left and right and a number (in feet) in the center to indicate the distance. The audio indicator beeps with increasing frequency the closer you get to an obstacle.

It's an expensive option, but really very useful for the tight parking spaces in San Francisco. I fail to see the use for front sensors though, since the C300 really has excellent visibility out front.
ogrotewohl is offline  
Old 11-23-2007, 02:27 AM
  #22  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Luxury
Originally Posted by Bokx_350 View Post
Wow. Finally some good news. Now thats something I'm willing to pay for. Could you plese give more details? Like price and part number or some other reference that will help me get it here in Boston. BTW, is your car MM-packaged?

Thanks
Oh, and forgot to say: Yes, my car is MM packaged.
ogrotewohl is offline  
Old 11-23-2007, 02:33 PM
  #23  
Member
 
aansonsit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto CANADA
Posts: 118
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C350 4Matic -Premium- Comand NAV-Keyless-GO-Panoramic-Rear Win Sunshade-Memory seat-Quickpark-AMG
i feel my quick park sensor is ugly, my car is white , not too macth, coz that sensor colour is too white, i wiil post pic later!
aansonsit is offline  
Old 11-25-2007, 07:43 PM
  #24  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Krytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,423
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Originally Posted by MBfan21 View Post
I was interested in getting it but how would it be in bumper to bumper traffic? I try to avoid parallel parking at all costs. I haven't quite mastered it yet. Which probably means I should get it.. ha.
I would it would only turn on when in reverse.
Krytech is offline  
Old 11-25-2007, 10:35 PM
  #25  
phs
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 112
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 SLK55AMG 18 C43AMG 19GLC63sAMG
Originally Posted by ogrotewohl View Post
I had a rear Parktronic installed by my dealer in San Francisco. Has audio and visual indicators, works perfectly.
If it is not too inconvenient, would you be so kind as to post a picture of the parktronic indicator inside your car cabin?
phs is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Photo of Quick Park Sensors


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: