C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Potential Choices: Input Requested

Old 12-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 BMW 330i
Potential Choices: Input Requested

Ok guys. I really do hate to be the blasphemer, but I need your objective opinions. I have a choice of several cars as soon as my lease is up in May. I did however want people's input regarding my potential candidates. I will be using the car to drive to and from school mostly, with several long distance trips throughout the year. I need something that is very good looking (I live in Miami I have to) and performs well. The choices are as follows in alphabetical order:

Audi TT 3.2 quattro S Tronic
Audi A5 3.2 quattro S Tronic
Audi S5 3.4 V8 quattro S Tronic
BMW 135i A/T
BMW 335i Sedan A/T
BMW 335i Coupe A/T
BMW 335i Convertible A/T
BMW X5 SAV A/T
Jaguar XF A/T
Mercedes-Benz C350 A/T
Mercedes-Benz SLK350 A/T
Porsche Boxster Tiptronic
Porsche Cayman Tiptronic

Again thank you very much for your input. My price cap is about mid 50's so most of these will be loaded to the gunwales.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:21 AM

C300 (W204) w/ MM, P1, & 18"amg's
Well a fellow FL. and we both know how important looks are when it comes to the summer days on the beach. Truly its all up to you, but IMO dont go near the Audi's; they look mundane and the TT looks likes it older models anyway. All BMW look the same to me but they all have one hell of a punch on the road. DONT GO NEAR JAGS! unless you like waiting hours/days/weeks/months for repairs. Porsche... nothing really bad with them but again its up to you. IMO Benz is #1, The C350 has such a mean look that it comands to be admired. The SLK is nice also but where I live (Central Orlando) there are alot of SLK's but I feel that my C class gets more attention. SLK's have alot of punch also but the C-class is no joke. You wont spank EVERYONE but you will Keep up with them atleast. But you will fly past all thos riceburners in Mia Hope I Helped

P.S. - You could always just get a Lotus. If you want to pay out the rear end for insurance

-Mike

Last edited by PoaMike; 12-04-2007 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:26 AM

2008 C300 4Matic Sport 2007 Acura MDX
Boxster S Limited Edition in GT3 Orange, but you won't be able to get this for mid 50's loaded. MSRP starts at 59,900.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/bo...imitededition/

I'd prefer the Cayman, but you're in Florida and can take advantage of the drop top. S5 if you're going practical.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The SLK is a fantastic car, although not the most practical. The C is much more flexible, plus will be significantly less expensive. It comes down to what kind of car you want, roadster, sedan, coupe, etc.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:39 AM

^+1
Old 12-04-2007, 09:43 AM

red bicycle
Originally Posted by cgarcia0638
BMW X5 SAV A/T
Jaguar XF A/T
Why would you need an X5 in Miami?

As for the Jaguar XF, this will probably be the most expensive car on the list - it will start around $50K - but will come more things standard (you can build one on the Jag website). And as usual, Jags are easy targets for people to pan, and probably from people who most likely have never driven or owned one. Jag today is not Jag twenty years ago. My parents own an 2003 S-Type (post major revisions), which has been extremely reliable, and the XF will carry over its drivetrain and most major mechanical stuff. And before anyone says it's a Ford, it's not and never feels like it is - the car drives and handles very well, plus the ride is great. This should be an interesting read: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/rev...s-type-review/
Old 12-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Almost a Member!

2006 BMW 330i
Why would you need an X5 in Miami?

Well, I guess someone hasn't heard of the term "big pimpin" Just Kidding. We would use it to take bikes up to mountain biking courses and other "extreme" ventures
Old 12-04-2007, 10:17 AM

red bicycle
We would use it to take bikes up to mountain biking courses and other "extreme" ventures
You are a BMW marketer's dream.

You have quite a range of cars you are looking at, so what exactly do you want from your next car? Do you need to haul bikes?

Automatic Porsches - that just rubs me wrong, but that's me . . . what about the BMW Z4 Coupe?
Old 12-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Almost a Member!

2006 BMW 330i
Originally Posted by whatup?
You are a BMW marketer's dream.

You have quite a range of cars you are looking at, so what exactly do you want from your next car? Do you need to haul bikes?

Automatic Porsches - that just rubs me wrong, but that's me . . . what about the BMW Z4 Coupe?
I tried the Z4 coupe, it is actually very claustrophobic. As to what I want from my next car, I want something classy, sporty, good looking and quick, not fast, I don't like to speed, only accelerate hard.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:56 AM

^ C350 sounds like it well... in 'S' mode
Old 12-04-2007, 10:59 AM

C3004Matic Sport, Blk on Blk, Pano, P1, MMC, Ipod
narrow it, and ditch the slushbox.

Why you would get a sporty car that is an auto if you didn't have to is beyond me. You wanna say "look at me, I'm big time" but you can't handle a stick shift so you actually say "look at me, I'm trying hard to be big time!" in a sporty car that is. Now I realize some cars only come in auto, and if so then fine. And other cars don't lend themselves to stick shift (e.g., maybe the x5, not really a sporty car). But if you're gonna get a sporty car, get a stick whenever available! Especially on a porsche.

Other than that, your list is too big and diverse. Its like asking do like beer or wine. My answer? "Yes". So, you gotta tell us is this only an a-to-b slick transportation opinion? Or, is it a thing of I'll suffer lack of space just to look great at South Beach? Or, is it I wanna look good, but am into kyaking, biking, hiking, etc. Or, finally, is it a proposition of I'm soon to graduate and my girlfriend of the past few years wants to get married and have kids.

With that said, as an all around ride, I'd go for the s5 quattro if the budgie allows. Nice looking, fast, room for more than 2, an actual trunk, awd, could still park it on the street without constantly worrying, etc. Not sure about fitting a bike or kyak without a roof rack, but then again all your choices except the x5 suffer than problem.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Roadster: Boxster
Sedan: C350

I really enjoy driving my brothers Boxster, haven't driven an SLK yet.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Almost a Member!

2006 BMW 330i
Originally Posted by 430752
Why you would get a sporty car that is an auto if you didn't have to is beyond me. You wanna say "look at me, I'm big time" but you can't handle a stick shift so you actually say "look at me, I'm trying hard to be big time!" in a sporty car that is. Now I realize some cars only come in auto, and if so then fine. And other cars don't lend themselves to stick shift (e.g., maybe the x5, not really a sporty car). But if you're gonna get a sporty car, get a stick whenever available! Especially on a porsche.

Other than that, your list is too big and diverse. Its like asking do like beer or wine. My answer? "Yes". So, you gotta tell us is this only an a-to-b slick transportation opinion? Or, is it a thing of I'll suffer lack of space just to look great at South Beach? Or, is it I wanna look good, but am into kyaking, biking, hiking, etc. Or, finally, is it a proposition of I'm soon to graduate and my girlfriend of the past few years wants to get married and have kids.

With that said, as an all around ride, I'd go for the s5 quattro if the budgie allows. Nice looking, fast, room for more than 2, an actual trunk, awd, could still park it on the street without constantly worrying, etc. Not sure about fitting a bike or kyak without a roof rack, but then again all your choices except the x5 suffer than problem.
True, very true, I just prefer automatic transmissions because I will be in stop and co traffic sometimes and other times I will be taking the car down to the Keys and as you said, South beach. I apologize if my list seems to vague I am simply trying to get peoples opinions is all.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
3 letters, DSG (aka S-Tronic now)
Old 12-04-2007, 02:07 PM

c300
My price cap is about mid 50's so most of these will be loaded to the gunwales.
Okay, than I can tell you what you won't be getting:
Jaguar XF A/T
BMW 335i Convertible A/T
Porsche Cayman Tiptronic

If you go used you can get a Boxster, but with options you won't be able to touch a new one for mid-50's. Maybe if you order out a stripper, and then they're going to want a huge deposit because they can't re-sell it if you back out.

Forgot the Cayman.

Good luck on a 335 vert with options at mid-50.

XF is going to start upper 50s. Plus it looks retarded anyway.

Kind of early to start thinking about cars now for May isn't it?

I haven't lived in So Fla since the 80's and even then it was too damn muggy 5mi away from the water to be using a convertible. But I'd still have to do it. If I were young and didn't need room for a damn kid seat, I'd do used Boxster/TT/335 vert midly loaded. But I wouldn't be doing AT either ... sooo easy to drive a manual in Fla.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:54 PM

2008 C350 and 2003 Z4 3.0
It does not matter they are all good cars in their own way. Its like asking what's better a blonde or a redhead, which ever one suites you is the best one for you.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:18 PM

^Both... And they would be cheaper then a C350 lmao. and you could put a whole lot more miles on them. O the puns could go on forever.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 BMW 330i
Originally Posted by stephensong
It does not matter they are all good cars in their own way. Its like asking what's better a blonde or a redhead, which ever one suites you is the best one for you.
Personally I prefer redheads, natural or dyed....Im not picky. Just as long as their dress matches my cars color.... sexy and black
Old 12-04-2007, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Ok guys. I really do hate to be the blasphemer, but I need your objective opinions. I have a choice of several cars as soon as my lease is up in May. I did however want people's input regarding my potential candidates. I will be using the car to drive to and from school mostly, with several long distance trips throughout the year. I need something that is very good looking (I live in Miami I have to) and performs well. The choices are as follows in alphabetical order:

Audi TT 3.2 quattro S Tronic
Audi A5 3.2 quattro S Tronic
BMW 135i A/T
BMW 335i Sedan A/T
BMW 335i Coupe A/T
BMW 335i Convertible A/T
BMW X5 SAV A/T
Jaguar XF A/T
Mercedes-Benz C350 A/T
Mercedes-Benz SLK350 A/T
Porsche Cayman Tiptronic

Again thank you very much for your input. My price cap is about mid 50's so most of these will be loaded to the gunwales.
Test drive them all and start shrinking the list, you still have time