C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Sports mode button?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
528i, GLK
Sports mode button?

Does the US C300 sports/luxury/4matic have the sports mode button on the center console?

or is this the same button by the shifter?
Old 12-04-2007, 10:46 PM

2008 C350 and 2003 Z4 3.0
This vehicle does not have a sport button. Maybe next year on the 2009.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:14 PM

There is a C and S button that allows you to switch between Sports mode and Comfort mode. It is located to the left of the shifter on my C300 Sport
Old 12-04-2007, 11:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 C 300 Sport, '01 SL 500 & '08 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD
Don't take it from me as my dealer explained it as (S) for sport But I later found out from this forum the C designates "Control" for a more luxurious and smoother shift pattern or starting out in inclimate conditions i.e. snow/ ice etc... the S designates "Standard" although arguably it shifts more sporty.
-Ryan
Old 12-05-2007, 03:51 AM

C180K 2011 COMAND, AMG, Dynamic Xenon, Business Pack, H&K Audio and +
Originally Posted by webada
Does the US C300 sports/luxury/4matic have the sports mode button on the center console?

or is this the same button by the shifter?
The sports button in Europe models in the center console is advanced agillity package.

S and C button ( which is sports or comfort mode, Agility Control Package with Selective Damping System ) comes in all model that is present by the shift knob.

Last edited by lx Raven xl; 12-05-2007 at 03:57 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:32 AM

2008 C350 and 2003 Z4 3.0
Originally Posted by lx Raven xl
The sports button in Europe models in the center console is advanced agillity package.

S and C button ( which is sports or comfort mode, Agility Control Package with Selective Damping System ) comes in all model that is present by the shift knob.
Not on USA models. There is no Sport button and no agility control package.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by stephensong
Not on USA models. There is no Sport button and no agility control package.
I hade the understanding the agility control is standard on all C350 for the S and C mode, the C Mode (comfort)is for smooth shift and when the car takes off starts on 2nnd gear, the S mode (sport) the car takes off on 1st gear and shifts faster
Old 12-05-2007, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by tanktube67
I hade the understanding the agility control is standard on all C350 for the S and C mode, the C Mode (comfort)is for smooth shift and when the car takes off starts on 2nnd gear, the S mode (sport) the car takes off on 1st gear and shifts faster
Hes referring to the Advanced agility package which is not offered in US. Standard Agility Control Package with Selective Damping System is present in all cars. even in US. The C and S mode.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
So is it Control/Standard or Comfort/Standard? Comfort/Standard is what is always has been (after the change from W/S).
Old 12-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by AsianML
So is it Control/Standard or Comfort/Standard? Comfort/Standard is what is always has been (after the change from W/S).
comfort/standard
Old 12-05-2007, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Originally Posted by AsianML
There is a lot of confusion on this one, even amongst the dealers. My dealer has told me (and I've seen W203 OM's to confim this) that it is Control/Standard. That is what I've thought it was.

However, I have now been shown a W204 OM that specifically states it is Comfort/Sport so that is what I am calling it.

Whatever it is called Control/Comfort or Sport/Standard, as long as it does what it is supposed to do I don't care.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by MBTex
There is a lot of confusion on this one, even amongst the dealers. My dealer has told me (and I've seen W203 OM's to confim this) that it is Control/Standard. That is what I've thought it was.

However, I have now been shown a W204 OM that specifically states it is Comfort/Sport so that is what I am calling it.

Whatever it is called Control/Comfort or Sport/Standard, as long as it does what it is supposed to do I don't care.
it's Comfort/Sport on the W203 owner's manual too.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....8&postcount=21
Old 12-05-2007, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Here's a link to a W204 online OM that has Comfort and Sport...

http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/e/cars...2F.html#N17DFB
Old 12-05-2007, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Originally Posted by e1000
it's Comfort/Sport on the W203 owner's manual too.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....8&postcount=21
Yeah which explains all of the confusion....even the dealers call it different things.

Maybe it is different in different MB models (I don't know if it is) but there is definately a lot of confusion.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by MBTex
Yeah which explains all of the confusion....even the dealers call it different things.

Maybe it is different in different MB models (I don't know if it is) but there is definately a lot of confusion.
Not sure about US but over here ( Amsterdam NL ) its called Comfort /Sport.

All MB dealers i have been to said the same thing.

Maybe In US the dealer confused the buyers.

The manual states its comfort/sport.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:45 AM

528i, GLK
I guess what I'm really asking is whether the c/s button in the US models comes with suspension dampering and agility control.

Some one posted here saying all US 2008 c-class models has it but not the ADVANCE agility control.

I didn't know there is a difference.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:59 AM
QQQ

MY2001 C320
All cars come std with Agility Control but US and Canada does not come with Advanced Agility package. Here is the excerpt from UK site:

Standard on the new C-Class Saloon, the Agility Control Package with Selective Damping System raises the bar for ride comfort without compromising on precision and control.

This intelligent suspension set-up recognises the road conditions and adapts the damping behaviour accordingly. So, on a smoother road surface an integral valve reduces the damping force automatically to accommodate the smaller shocks. This significantly reduces road roar and tyre vibration, and improves the chassis’ characteristics, while maintaining high levels of active safety and comfort.

The new Advanced Agility Package – available as an optional extra for the new C-Class Sport – lets you adjust the car’s driving characteristics to suit your mood.

Choose 'Comfort' Mode and you’ll enjoy a smooth, luxurious ride. The continuously variable dampers adjust to suit the road surface and driving style, reducing road noise and vibrations. Meanwhile, the car’s control module ensures that gearshifts are seamless and throttle and steering response is subtle and understated. In Comfort Mode, cruising is the order of the day.

But if you’d prefer something a little more exhilarating, simply push the button to 'Sport' Mode and everything changes.

With the continuously variable damping, handling becomes more taut, body roll is reduced and the ride becomes firmer. Steering and throttle response becomes sharper and gear changes more responsive. Even ESP® (Electronic Stability Program) intervention is marginally reduced to help enhance the dynamic driving sensation – without compromising active safety, of course.

But don't mix up with the S/C button on the gear shift. That is the Standard/Comfort mode for transmission to start in 1st or 2nd gear and in C mode will upshift earlier. In some markets the Advanced Agility also comes with the paddle shifter.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
I guess what I'm really asking is whether the c/s button in the US models comes with suspension dampering and agility control.
No. In the US the c/s button changes the transmission settings only, not the suspension settings. Maybe next year...
Old 12-06-2007, 10:36 AM

528i, GLK
Originally Posted by QQQ
All cars come std with Agility Control but US and Canada does not come with Advanced Agility package.
But don't mix up with the S/C button on the gear shift. That is the Standard/Comfort mode for transmission to start in 1st or 2nd gear and in C mode will upshift earlier. In some markets the Advanced Agility also comes with the paddle shifter.
Thanks for the clear up.

I guess the one I saw in a video is the non-US model with sports mode button on the center console. Why do us americans always end up with the short end of the stick? (no flames plz)

Last edited by webada; 12-06-2007 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:40 AM

C3004Matic Sport, Blk on Blk, Pano, P1, MMC, Ipod
look at euro online manual for more

C or S button is stated as comfort-sport in USA. seems to be transmission only, but not sure. Thereis the additional advanced agility control button located int he center console, in that bare gap between the heated seats buttons, which would be for advanced agility control. Not available in USA. The auro cars offer so much more, do a google search of mercedes c-class online manual, or interactive manual, and you should get a mercedes website for an interactive manual for their german cars (in english). real time traffic, advanced agility control, memory seats, keyless go, seat adjusters on the door, not on the seats, impvoed climiate control (thermatronic instead of thermatic), cell phone holder in the armrest compartment, roll-over door above the cup-holders, etc. I forget, but the site showed three buttons in the center stack between the seat heater, only one of which was the advanced agility control.

Oh yeah, funny thing is that on the euro interactive online manual, it says to leave the car selected in Sport, only to use comfort in limited circumstances (doesn't specify, forget the exact language), which is pretty much directly opposite to what I've heard every american dealer say that i've dealth with (4 of them).

Oh yeah, again, the german version had an oddity to adjust the headlight cone height. Yeah, it had adjustments settings for driver only, driver and a few passengers, driver and all passengers and baggage, and then a final setting for max weight on rear axle, which it said was for towing (), each settng adjusted the headlights so that the dispersion of the cone or beam was adjusted accordingly. This adjustment button or scroll wheel was next to the traditional headlight selector. I dunno of thats cool or dumb. Well, whatever.

Last edited by 430752; 12-06-2007 at 11:08 AM. Reason: to add a snippet
Old 12-06-2007, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by 430752
C or S button is stated as comfort-sport in USA. seems to be transmission only, but not sure. Thereis the additional advanced agility control button located int he center console, in that bare gap between the heated seats buttons, which would be for advanced agility control. Not available in USA. The auro cars offer so much more, do a google search of mercedes c-class online manual, or interactive manual, and you should get a mercedes website for an interactive manual for their german cars (in english). real time traffic, advanced agility control, memory seats, keyless go, seat adjusters on the door, not on the seats, impvoed climiate control (thermatronic instead of thermatic), cell phone holder in the armrest compartment, roll-over door above the cup-holders, etc. I forget, but the site showed three buttons in the center stack between the seat heater, only one of which was the advanced agility control.

Oh yeah, funny thing is that on the euro interactive online manual, it says to leave the car selected in Sport, only to use comfort in limited circumstances (doesn't specify, forget the exact language), which is pretty much directly opposite to what I've heard every american dealer say that i've dealth with (4 of them).

Oh yeah, again, the german version had an oddity to adjust the headlight cone height. Yeah, it had adjustments settings for driver only, driver and a few passengers, driver and all passengers and baggage, and then a final setting for max weight on rear axle, which it said was for towing (), each settng adjusted the headlights so that the dispersion of the cone or beam was adjusted accordingly. This adjustment button or scroll wheel was next to the traditional headlight selector. I dunno of thats cool or dumb. Well, whatever.

Everything stated here is true for a euro model. Except dealer told me to use C not S for first 1500KM or 1000 miles.

That scroll button is actually quite handy. you can see bit of more road at night.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:41 PM
QQQ

MY2001 C320
Thanks for the clear up.

I guess the one I saw in a video is the non-US model with sports mode button on the center console. Why do us americans always end up with the short end of the stick? (no flames plz)
Yes Advanced Agility has a Sport button on centre console. I heard Advanced Agility is delayed in Europe and not available until Fall 2007. So there could be a pent up demand to fill and they are not coming stateside this year. Another explanation is when they uprate the C350 with CGI engine that churns out 290hp (already available in Europe) they may bring the Advanced Agility package with paddle shifter... of course by then you expect they will match the 335 price point.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic Wagon, 2013 C350 4Matic Sedan
Originally Posted by lx Raven xl
Everything stated here is true for a euro model. Except dealer told me to use C not S for first 1500KM or 1000 miles.

That scroll button is actually quite handy. you can see bit of more road at night.
Oh no.... not his argument again....
BTW, when my car was delivered, it was in S mode (as with the European deliveries I have heard thus far) and the salesmen made no specific mention about leaving it in C.

As for the headlamp levels... all Bi-xenon equipped vehicles should have an auto-leveling function. I believe this was mandated by EU regulations. You will notice it when you first start up the car... the cutline will move downwards then up again, as the initial adjustment.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:42 PM

mine was in S when it was deleivered. My dealer changed it to C while he was diving a demo and told me to keep it there for first 1500K Also yes the cutline moves up and then down again to auto level. This feature was in my bro's 2006 BMW 3 series as well.