C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

US price increase (+$450)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Originally Posted by mac911
I'm happy, in only that I felt I got a not great deal last week, so this made it $450 better now.
It brings me to $45 over invoice.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:48 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Sport Sedan Manual, Uridium Silver, 18" AMG's
[QUOTE=emps;2599154]M3 Sedan and Coupe pricing came out yesterday. Much lower than I had expected. I might have to get back a M3.

Official: Pricing for the M3

M3 E92: $57,275

M3 E90: $54,575

(includes $775 destination charge)

Those reading this forum who might be considering one of the first new BMW M3's or 1 Series beware!

Automotive News has reported that 120 new BMW (1-Series and M3s) were damaged or totaled this month at Sea.

"The ship carrying the very first batch of 1-Series and M3s headed stateside from the Fatherland. On January 11, a storm knocked the heavy metal loose to play a driverless game of German bumper cars. "Of the 470 vehicles on board, 120 were damaged beyond repair and will have to be scrapped. The others will be repaired, said a BMW spokesman." While one wonders if the customers for those repaired Bimmers will be told of the damage, the automaker is busy trying to figure out if the accident will affect the models' March launch date. 6Speedonline has the gruesome gallery for those of you who can't get enough wrecked exotics, or wait for Autoblog".

pics at http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...d.php?t=113998
Old 01-16-2008, 09:11 AM

2008 C300 4Matic Sport 2007 Acura MDX
Originally Posted by Brad G
Those reading this forum who might be considering one of the first new BMW M3's or 1 Series beware!

Automotive News has reported that 120 new BMW (1-Series and M3s) were damaged or totaled this month at Sea.

"The ship carrying the very first batch of 1-Series and M3s headed stateside from the Fatherland. On January 11, a storm knocked the heavy metal loose to play a driverless game of German bumper cars. "Of the 470 vehicles on board, 120 were damaged beyond repair and will have to be scrapped. The others will be repaired, said a BMW spokesman." While one wonders if the customers for those repaired Bimmers will be told of the damage, the automaker is busy trying to figure out if the accident will affect the models' March launch date. 6Speedonline has the gruesome gallery for those of you who can't get enough wrecked exotics, or wait for Autoblog".

Saw that on autoblog yesterday. Sad sight to see that the first new M3s in the US all busted up like that. Worse that BMW might fix those that aren't completely totaled. I'd avoid any 1's, 3's, or M3's for the early part of the year in the Northeast. For the new M3, i'd wait for the second year aside from this disastrous shipment so they can work out the kinks.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:41 AM

2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 1999 E320, 2008 C350
Originally Posted by emps
Saw that on autoblog yesterday. Sad sight to see that the first new M3s in the US all busted up like that. Worse that BMW might fix those that aren't completely totaled. I'd avoid any 1's, 3's, or M3's for the early part of the year in the Northeast. For the new M3, i'd wait for the second year aside from this disastrous shipment so they can work out the kinks.
Always a good idea to avoid the first year of ANY BMW. As an ex-BMW service manager, I can tell you. BMW does their R&D in the field.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:32 PM

2023 GLC 300 SUV, 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster, 2006 Lexus RX400h
So how does the increase effect cars already on the lots? Will they make adjustments or does it only apply to the new arrivals after the increase?

I don't see how it would make sense to up the destination charge on a vehicle that's been sitting on the lot pre-increase. But then again they are car dealers
Old 01-17-2008, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by schvamf
So how does the increase effect cars already on the lots? Will they make adjustments or does it only apply to the new arrivals after the increase?

I don't see how it would make sense to up the destination charge on a vehicle that's been sitting on the lot pre-increase. But then again they are car dealers
Cars that are already on dealer lots are "old price" cars. Their prices will remain at the original level. Dealers will now market them as a "bargain".
Old 01-17-2008, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
[QUOTE=Brad G;2600700]
Originally Posted by emps
M3 Sedan and Coupe pricing came out yesterday. Much lower than I had expected. I might have to get back a M3.

Official: Pricing for the M3

M3 E92: $57,275

M3 E90: $54,575

(includes $775 destination charge)

Saw a special on tv about auto ports and they singled out Porsche as having a body shop right at port for just such occations. They claim that scratches and dents happen quite often durring shipping and Porsche has trained body repair people in a shop at the port to fix all problems before shipping to dealerships. They also showed Lotus on this program and I believe Volvo, so its probably safe to say they all have some sort of shop or independent shop at port.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:50 AM

[QUOTE=chilledbenz;2604297]
Originally Posted by Brad G

Saw a special on tv about auto ports and they singled out Porsche as having a body shop right at port for just such occations. They claim that scratches and dents happen quite often durring shipping and Porsche has trained body repair people in a shop at the port to fix all problems before shipping to dealerships. They also showed Lotus on this program and I believe Volvo, so its probably safe to say they all have some sort of shop or independent shop at port.
All the manufacturers (European at least) have similar facilities at their ports. Since these facilities are operated by the manufacturer, any repairs/reconditioning, etc DO NOT have to be declared regardless of degree (considered an extension of the manufacturing process ). This is unlike repairs done at a dealer level about which declaration to the eventual owner IS required.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 C300 Sport Sedan Manual, Uridium Silver, 18" AMG's
Yes. You have to really look over your new car before signing on the dotted line.

As you might be aware, these days, cars which have been spotted , repaired or repainted are worth less at trade in. In fact, this is especially concerning at lease turn in. Lease companies send their inspection agents out to look at your vehicle prior to turn in. For example, if you decided to have your hood repainted (and most of these people are trained to know how to tell if it has been), just to fix a small inperfection, they might assume the damage was worse. Same with trading your exsisting car to a dealer on a new one.

My C300 has a slight "flaw" on the rear plastic bumper cover on the left side.

I can't believe I missed this until the second week I had it. It is not that noticable but depending on the angle and the light hitting it, it looks like a "dent" and a small "raised spot" next to it. In fact, I noticed another C Class at the dealer that had a similar dimple in the same exact place!

A couple of people from body shops looked at it for me and said that it is damage but one of the service writers at my local MB dealer (who owns a M3 and is a car enthusiast) agrees with me, that it is a factory flaw since there is no scratch in the paint, ect.

Most likely this is not worth fixing because then the whole bumper would have to be taken off and repainted.

Who knows. Maybe a port inspector noticed this and just decided to let this one pass through?

Buyer Beware!!
Old 01-19-2008, 11:38 AM

2012 ML350BTC
Originally Posted by misterng
My friend who just bought Acura TL (fully loaded with navigation) and paid $35k out the door laughted at me
Your jealous of a front wheel drive Honda?