C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Canadian MB withdrawing W204 rebate!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 03:29 PM
phs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 SLK55AMG 18 C43AMG 19GLC63sAMG
Angry Canadian MB withdrawing W204 rebate!

As most of the would-be Canadian owner of W204 might have already found out that MB Canada has recently withdrawn the $1000 rebate on 2008 C class sale. I personally find that this is very disrespectful of MB Canada to those customers who have ordered and are still waiting for delivery of their C class. If the incentive is a reflection of the strong Canadian dollar, then the rebate should have not have been removed. It is as if they lured you into ordering the car and take the lure away once they have achieived their marketing goal. I have just sent an email to MB Canada to voice my dissatisfaction. I wish more of you who have ordered your C class and are still waiting for delivery should voice your complaint too.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Almost a Member!

Toyota and planning to get a Sport C300, White, Manual, 18" AMG rims, MM, HK Sound.
Originally Posted by phs
As most of the would-be Canadian owner of W204 might have already found out that MB Canada has recently withdrawn the $1000 rebate on 2008 C class sale. I personally find that this is very disrespectful of MB Canada to those customers who have ordered and are still waiting for delivery of their C class. If the incentive is a reflection of the strong Canadian dollar, then the rebate should have not have been removed. It is as if they lured you into ordering the car and take the lure away once they have achieived their marketing goal. I have just sent an email to MB Canada to voice my dissatisfaction. I wish more of you who have ordered your C class and are still waiting for delivery should voice your complaint too.
Wouldn't you get the rebate given that you ordered it under those "conditions"? That's non-sense!!
I would cancel the order (assuming you still can) to show them that they can't play with numbers like that...

Last edited by mosquad; 01-19-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:18 PM
phs

I was told by my sales that there were a few irrated customers who complaint to the head office to no avail. This is what I copy from the MB Canada site, their sales pitch is "Strong Dollar. Strong offers" . . .

http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/index.cfm?id=6159

Offer may change without notice and cannot be combined with any other offers. For specific cash purchase incentives on a specific model, please visit your local Mercedes-Benz dealer for details. Offer on for a limited time only.

**Cash purchase incentive is a manufacturer's direct dealer incentive to be granted to a consumer by an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Almost a Member!

Toyota and planning to get a Sport C300, White, Manual, 18" AMG rims, MM, HK Sound.
Originally Posted by phs
I was told by my sales that there were a few irrated customers who complaint to the head office to no avail. This is what I copy from the MB Canada site, their sales pitch is "Strong Dollar. Strong offers" . . .

http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/index.cfm?id=6159

Offer may change without notice and cannot be combined with any other offers. For specific cash purchase incentives on a specific model, please visit your local Mercedes-Benz dealer for details. Offer on for a limited time only.

**Cash purchase incentive is a manufacturer's direct dealer incentive to be granted to a consumer by an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer.
That's really unfair... I will send them a message too...
Old 01-19-2008, 09:43 PM

2008 Calcite white C350, Command system, 3M clear bra, tint 30%
When was this rebate available. I bought my c350 in late Sept.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic Wagon, 2013 C350 4Matic Sedan
crow944 -- it was announced on the first week of November, three days before I picked up my car. I called the dealer and demanded that they add that to my purchase agreement.... since it was direct from HQ, they obliged.

If you already have a purchase agreement in place, it should have been written into it. Therefore, they should honour the rebate. I would agree with MOSQUAD and challenge the dealer to honour their deal.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:27 PM

2011 C63
I don't know if this pertains to the rebate at all, but in this article from the mercedess-benz.ca website about why to buy a car in Canada it states....

"Cash back program

Mercedes-Benz Canada also offers a cash subsidy to its buyers who prefer to pay cash or finance their vehicles with a third party financial provider. This initiative will benefit customers who do not take advantage of the attractive lease and finance subsidies currently available on Mercedes-Benz models. Since U.S. vehicles cannot be leased from Mercedes-Benz Financial in Canada, this cash subsidy is yet another incentive to buy in Canada."

http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/index.cfm?id=6895

Does it apply to us??
Old 01-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Peter_Biz
I don't know if this pertains to the rebate at all, but in this article from the mercedess-benz.ca website about why to buy a car in Canada it states....

"Cash back program

Mercedes-Benz Canada also offers a cash subsidy to its buyers who prefer to pay cash or finance their vehicles with a third party financial provider. This initiative will benefit customers who do not take advantage of the attractive lease and finance subsidies currently available on Mercedes-Benz models. Since U.S. vehicles cannot be leased from Mercedes-Benz Financial in Canada, this cash subsidy is yet another incentive to buy in Canada."

http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/index.cfm?id=6895

Does it apply to us??
Yes, this is a general statement (not specific to the C-Class), but if you go to the offers page, it shows that there is nothing for the C-Class (there used to be a skinny $1,000 CDN cash purchase incentive).
See: http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/index.cfm?id=6159
Old 01-21-2008, 11:36 AM

Don't quote me on it but when it first comes out on Oct 26, I have inquired with the customer relations lady Jo Anne and she told me that this program is valid till Dec 31, 2007. Consider that they extended it for certain vehicles is a goodwill, i guess.

Don't flame me on it, but the truth is, even if they don't give incentives for the C, and if you cancel the order, they won't lose anything as there are so many people willing to take your order and paid the price to get the car earlier.

My friend wants a M Black C350 RWD with P pkg, dealer said early July will be the expected day....
Old 01-21-2008, 01:50 PM

08 C350
Thats tru, they dont care because there are tons of people dieing to take your place in line and get a car sooner. My car will be here in a couple weeks, the people ordering now are looking at Aug/Sept.

I did'nt get any deal when buying my car I paid full msrp, which I did not like but they said they were not going to negotiate and I can have my deposit back anytime because people are willing to take my spot.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
15 Mercedes C400, 12 Mercedes C250 coupe
i dunno about this, but we've bought 2 cars from them in the last 6 months, t his would be the 3rd car...to simply revoke my rebate on the 3rd car as i wait for it, would be really bad, as it would hinder any future business and ruin their creditability and reputation, I doubt this is something they would risk.

I never paid MSRP, and i would say i got a "good deal" and even haggled for floor mats, tints and clear bra...
Old 01-21-2008, 10:48 PM

MB 2008 C300 sport, 2008 Rally blue Subaru Impreza 2.5 SI 1995 MB C280 W202
Canadian MB withdrawing W204 rebate

I think all of you can get the CAD $1,000 cash rebate.
Work with your sales person and he /she should be able to get the discount level down.

I got mine for $2,300 off list price for C300..that is back in DEC 2007.
Talked to my salesman and he agreed that C300 and C350 waiting time is for this Jan 08 order will be deliver sometimes in Oct/ Nov 08....you might as well go for 2009 model.

The reason.... MB Canada are trying to push for C230 instead of C300.
MB Canada are trying to jammed up the system. Right now..some dealer in GTA that are factory owned... cannot even put the order in at all for C300 or C350...but if you order C230...the internal ordering system allow you to order it. The official reason is that Canadian used up the allocation of the entire inventory. (BS anyway).

It all come down to marketing. C230 will be good deal if you take the basic model but once you add the options...the cost going to be the same as C300.... clever isn't?
that why they are pushing for more C230 instead of the higher end model.

The workaround... order one for C300 or C350 without a lot of options
or buy from non factory owned dealership. (like Barrie MB or Waterloo MB)
that will help some people I hope.....

send me the private msg and I might be able to call one of salesguy up and see if he can help or not... no promises.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by sou98
Work with your sales person and he /she should be able to get the discount level down.

Talked to my salesman and he agreed that C300 and C350 waiting time is for this Jan 08 order will be deliver sometimes in Oct/ Nov 08....you might as well go for 2009 model.

MB Canada are trying to jammed up the system. Right now..some dealer in GTA that are factory owned... cannot even put the order in at all for C300 or C350...but if you order C230...the internal ordering system allow you to order it. The official reason is that Canadian used up the allocation of the entire inventory. (BS anyway).

It all come down to marketing. C230 will be good deal if you take the basic model but once you add the options...the cost going to be the same as C300.... clever isn't?

send me the private msg and I might be able to call one of salesguy up and see if he can help or not... no promises.
Thanks for the input!
Old 01-22-2008, 07:29 AM
phs

Originally Posted by sou98

Was the $2300 discount you got in Dec on top of or including the $1000 manufacturer's rebate?
Old 01-22-2008, 12:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic Wagon, 2013 C350 4Matic Sedan
So lets think about the situation here.... there is strong pent up demand for W204's here in Canada. Compared to the folk in the US who can just walk onto a lot and pick their car, the Canadians are putting orders with 6 months wait. Granted our cars from from Bremen, and not South London. Not only are the MSRP's higher in Canada, we are paying much closer to list than the people south of the border.

I spoke to my contact, and he would only confirm that there is a "steady stream of W204 deliveries"... what does that mean? One per week?

And those guys in the US are ***** about memory seats? Big flipping deal... I say we storm the HQ on Eglinton and demand fair treatment.

.... to SOU98 -- everything you mentioned I have said in previous postings. Oh yeah, I got a bigger discount and got my car in a month.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:03 AM

MB 2008 C300 sport, 2008 Rally blue Subaru Impreza 2.5 SI 1995 MB C280 W202
wow... Peabers...that great....
btw..that CAD$ 2,300 incl the $ 1,000 discount from manufacturer.

my next door neirghbour told me that he got to wait for 6 months for the C300 and he decided to go for bimmer 330

Last edited by sou98; 02-01-2008 at 01:11 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:40 AM
phs

By now I believe it's worth waiting for the MY2009