C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Pricing and options- Australian

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 12:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my car
Pricing and options- Australian

here you go... see what we pay....
Old 02-06-2008, 08:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
well, how much?
Old 02-06-2008, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C200K (w204)
I paid AUD72K for my C200K Avantgarde with vision package + fold rear seat, with today currency it's about USD64K.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:28 PM

my car
didnt take. i'll have to start a new thread?
Old 02-06-2008, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200K (w204)
What are you trying to post??
Old 02-29-2008, 12:29 AM

x166 GLS350d Sport, Peugeot 5008
Originally Posted by W0n6_3d4n
I paid AUD72K for my C200K Avantgarde with vision package + fold rear seat, with today currency it's about USD64K.
Hello, this is my first post in this forum.

I paid Aud81K for my C200K Avantgarde with Vision package, fold rear seat, Command APS, Keyless Go, Alarm, fold rear seat.

My car is now on vessel and ETA to dealer on 17/03/2008. Hopefully, I will be able to get it one or 2 days after that.

By the way, how's your C200K? Any issue?
Old 02-29-2008, 03:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C180K 2011 COMAND, AMG, Dynamic Xenon, Business Pack, H&K Audio and +
hmm i paid 54K Euros ... for c180 K Avan ... with just COMAND nav comfort package and few extra options. Thats USD82K ... Everything is damn expensive here. I should have stayed in Australia. oh well...
Old 02-29-2008, 03:23 AM
Almost a Member!

2008 - C200K : 2002 - C200K
Originally Posted by Alsocute

I paid Aud81K for my C200K Avantgarde with Vision package, fold rear seat, Command APS, Keyless Go, Alarm, fold rear seat.

My car is now on vessel and ETA to dealer on 17/03/2008. Hopefully, I will be able to get it one or 2 days after that.

where did u buy it from, iv got mine comming around the same time.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200K (w204)

My C is fantastic!! Apart from the too fragile cable under the seat, now i have airbag light on because my friend nudge it
Old 03-02-2008, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rixter
where did u buy it from, iv got mine comming around the same time.
Hi Rixter:

I bought mine at Marshalls Parramatta. Ordered the car on 09/12/2007 last year. And have been logging in the Vehicle Trackers site from MB AU site to track down the progress of the car. So far, it's been saying ETA to dealer on 17/03. I rang up the dealer and they actually told me my car is at the vessel called "Fidelio".

How about yourself? Where did u order yours and what options have you got?

Regards
Alsocute
Old 03-02-2008, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by W0n6_3d4n
My C is fantastic!! Apart from the too fragile cable under the seat, now i have airbag light on because my friend nudge it
Hi W0n6_3d4n:

Sorry to hear about that cable. But shouldn't this covered by warranty? How could that happen? Hope it is fix by now.

By the way, besides this minor issue, I assume everything is fine with the car, although I've seen some threads talking about how fragile is the lower grille which rocks went through them, I am hoping that Aussie road condition won't be as bad. And do you have any squeeky mirror?

Regards
Alsocute
Old 03-03-2008, 06:31 PM

W204 C220 CDI AMG Sports Package
Ordered mine Sep 2007, arrived Dec 2007. Paid AU$92,000 for the following:

C220 CDI Palladium Silver
AMG Sports Package
Vision Package
Comand System
Pano Roof
Memory seats
Folding rear seats.
iPod connector

Bought it from Marshalls/Parramatta, Sydney. The dealer was fantastic. One of the best car buying experience I've ever had.

Haven't experienced any problem with the car yet. Although I hate the fact that our Navi system does not support entering destination addresses via voice prompts. A fix for this is in the cards but is not available yet.

I also stupidly hit a kerb and scratched the front alloys. Good thing that the spare has the same alloys. Does anybody know where I can get the alloy wheels repaired? And what's the estimated cost?
Old 03-04-2008, 08:41 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by arclight
Ordered mine Sep 2007, arrived Dec 2007. Paid AU$92,000 for the following:

C220 CDI Palladium Silver
AMG Sports Package
Vision Package
Comand System
Pano Roof
Memory seats
Folding rear seats.
iPod connector

Bought it from Marshalls/Parramatta, Sydney. The dealer was fantastic. One of the best car buying experience I've ever had.

Haven't experienced any problem with the car yet. Although I hate the fact that our Navi system does not support entering destination addresses via voice prompts. A fix for this is in the cards but is not available yet.

I also stupidly hit a kerb and scratched the front alloys. Good thing that the spare has the same alloys. Does anybody know where I can get the alloy wheels repaired? And what's the estimated cost?

Nice option. BTW, how much did it cost you to get the ipod Connector installed in your car. I didn't realise there was such an option when I ordered the car, and I am kind of thinking it would be nice to have it as well. Maybe I should give the dealer a call and see whether they can install the ipod connector before I picked up the car.

With regards to the Navi System, do you roughly know when they will issue the fix? And do we need to bring the car back to the dealer to have it updated? Or do they just send us a DVD and load it into the system and it will automatically patch up the system?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Alsocute
Old 03-05-2008, 09:46 AM

2008 C300 Avantgarde
Firmware update most likely done by dealership through their Star diagnosis computers. Should be happening some times this year, last I heard.

As for the I-pod option, I find it cheaper and far more convenient using an 8 or 16GB a memory card in the card slot. That size card is more than enough to fit thousands of MP3 files on..... just some food for thought.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:19 PM

W205 c43
Hi V8 AMG,

Do u mind show some light in regards to your window tint in Sydney. I can not find the tint that mentioned in ur signature.

Where can i get that kind of tint and how much would it cost ?

What colour is ur tint ?

many thanks !
Old 03-05-2008, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by milsons200
Hi V8 AMG,

Do u mind show some light in regards to your window tint in Sydney. I can not find the tint that mentioned in ur signature.

What colour is ur tint ?

many thanks !
Yeah, V8 AMG:

That will be great, as I tried to approach 2 MB dealer and they wouldn't directly perform any window tint on the car. One dealer suggests Solar Tint, while the other one doesn't suggest anyone at all. It would be great if you can tell us where did you get yours done.

Thanks in advance.

Alsocute
Old 03-06-2008, 06:55 AM

2008 C300 Avantgarde
Send me a PM and we can discuss.

Originally Posted by milsons200
Hi V8 AMG,

What colour is ur tint ?

many thanks !
Old 03-06-2008, 06:29 PM

Nice option. BTW, how much did it cost you to get the ipod Connector installed in your car. I didn't realise there was such an option when I ordered the car, and I am kind of thinking it would be nice to have it as well. Maybe I should give the dealer a call and see whether they can install the ipod connector before I picked up the car.

With regards to the Navi System, do you roughly know when they will issue the fix? And do we need to bring the car back to the dealer to have it updated? Or do they just send us a DVD and load it into the system and it will automatically patch up the system?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Alsocute
The iPod connectors cost is AU$1,000. It is a dealer installed option and can be done once your car arrives from overseas. I mostly prefer the iPod connector mainly because I can use my Playlists. The car's internal hard drive or the memory card does not support playlists.

If you are getting the connector, make sure that the dealer installs the line amplifier as well. This is included with the package and is meant to fix the problem where the volume from the iPod is too low compared to the other sources. They forgot to install this for me and had to return the car.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:00 PM

The iPod connectors cost is AU$1,000. It is a dealer installed option and can be done once your car arrives from overseas. I mostly prefer the iPod connector mainly because I can use my Playlists. The car's internal hard drive or the memory card does not support playlists.

If you are getting the connector, make sure that the dealer installs the line amplifier as well. This is included with the package and is meant to fix the problem where the volume from the iPod is too low compared to the other sources. They forgot to install this for me and had to return the car.
Hi Arclight:

Thanks for the reply. I am not thinking to install the connector now after I realize that it will cost A$1k to have it done. Rather I am happy to just use the aux connector with the ipod. Just a quick question, if I have the Command APS system and the HK sound sytem, will I still need another amplifier in order to overcome the low volume output from ipod?

Thanks mate
Old 03-06-2008, 09:39 PM

Hi Arclight:

Thanks for the reply. I am not thinking to install the connector now after I realize that it will cost A$1k to have it done. Rather I am happy to just use the aux connector with the ipod. Just a quick question, if I have the Command APS system and the HK sound sytem, will I still need another amplifier in order to overcome the low volume output from ipod?

Thanks mate
Hello Alsocute,

Yeah, the connector is a bit expensive but for me, it's worth it. Being able to control the Ipod through the steering wheel is better (and maybe safer) than fiddling with the iPod itself.

As far as I know, the low volume issue affects only the iPod connectors and the amplifier is meant only to fix the issue with this connector. I haven't used the AUX in jack so I can't comment on its volume output..
Old 03-09-2008, 06:07 PM

Hello Alsocute,

Yeah, the connector is a bit expensive but for me, it's worth it. Being able to control the Ipod through the steering wheel is better (and maybe safer) than fiddling with the iPod itself.

As far as I know, the low volume issue affects only the iPod connectors and the amplifier is meant only to fix the issue with this connector. I haven't used the AUX in jack so I can't comment on its volume output..
Hi Arclight:

Thanks for the info. Just another quick question. I remembered the dealer mentioned that I will only need to bring the car in for service when it's done about 15000kms, and I keep asking him, and he confirmed that there's no need to bring the car in to check up @ 1500kms or 3000kms, unlike those who live in US, which they have that free checkup.

Is it the same case for you that you don't need to bring it in for a 1500kms or 3000kms check up? All u have to do is to bring it in when Service A indicator come up?

My previous car was a VW Passat, and I remembered that I have to bring the car in to just change the oil @ 1000kms and then do a checkup. So was the car before that which was a Honda Accord.

Once again, thanks in advance.

Regards
Alsocute
Old 03-10-2008, 06:41 PM

Hi Arclight:

Thanks for the info. Just another quick question. I remembered the dealer mentioned that I will only need to bring the car in for service when it's done about 15000kms, and I keep asking him, and he confirmed that there's no need to bring the car in to check up @ 1500kms or 3000kms, unlike those who live in US, which they have that free checkup.

Is it the same case for you that you don't need to bring it in for a 1500kms or 3000kms check up? All u have to do is to bring it in when Service A indicator come up?

My previous car was a VW Passat, and I remembered that I have to bring the car in to just change the oil @ 1000kms and then do a checkup. So was the car before that which was a Honda Accord.

Once again, thanks in advance.

Regards
Alsocute
Unlike in the USA, we don't get the 1,500kms or 3,000kms courtesy check up. I asked them about this and they said the first service would be when the Service A indicator tells you.

My car has more than 5,000kms in the odometer and haven't experienced any problem yet.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:23 AM

Question

Unlike in the USA, we don't get the 1,500kms or 3,000kms courtesy check up. I asked them about this and they said the first service would be when the Service A indicator tells you.

My car has more than 5,000kms in the odometer and haven't experienced any problem yet.
Hi Arclight:

Thanks for your valuable information. I finally picked up my car yesterday. It was definitely a great experience. Just another quick question regarding the car.

I have the Vision Package (which includes Bi-Xenon) headlight. When I turn the light switch to A (Automatic) mode, from the garage, once I started the car, the headlights goes on automatically, but I've noticed that once the headlight being turned on by the Automatic mode, it doesn't seems it will turn off even I drove out from the car park and on the road under bright sunlight. Is this normal? Is the Automatic mode means it will turn the headlights on from dark but it won't turn if off even I am driving under bright sunlight? OR I have to drive for a few mins (a time setting) under the sunlight before it detected there are enough light and it will switch it off?

Can't find much information from the Owner's manual about this. All it mentions about automatic headlamp mode is on Pg 108 which doesn't have too much information about it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Alsocute.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:07 AM
Almost a Member!

2008 - C200K : 2002 - C200K
Hi Rixter:

I bought mine at Marshalls Parramatta. Ordered the car on 09/12/2007 last year. And have been logging in the Vehicle Trackers site from MB AU site to track down the progress of the car. So far, it's been saying ETA to dealer on 17/03. I rang up the dealer and they actually told me my car is at the vessel called "Fidelio".

How about yourself? Where did u order yours and what options have you got?

Regards
Alsocute
Hi Alsocute, I bought mine from Marshalls aswell, ordered mid Nov, should be getting it soon. what's the update on yours?

Anyways guys let me know if you need tinting in Sydney, i got a great contact who has always tinted all my rides.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:54 AM

2008 C 220 CDI Avantgarde
Hi Arclight:

Thanks for your valuable information. I finally picked up my car yesterday. It was definitely a great experience. Just another quick question regarding the car.

I have the Vision Package (which includes Bi-Xenon) headlight. When I turn the light switch to A (Automatic) mode, from the garage, once I started the car, the headlights goes on automatically, but I've noticed that once the headlight being turned on by the Automatic mode, it doesn't seems it will turn off even I drove out from the car park and on the road under bright sunlight. Is this normal? Is the Automatic mode means it will turn the headlights on from dark but it won't turn if off even I am driving under bright sunlight? OR I have to drive for a few mins (a time setting) under the sunlight before it detected there are enough light and it will switch it off?

Can't find much information from the Owner's manual about this. All it mentions about automatic headlamp mode is on Pg 108 which doesn't have too much information about it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Alsocute.
There is a small time delay in switching the light off, but unsure how long the delay is.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Pricing and options- Australian