C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

How do you lower the ringtone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 03:03 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350 Palladium Silver
How do you lower the ringtone?

Everytime my handsfree tel rings, I have a heart attack...because it's so loud. How do you set the ringtone to be at a lower volume? I can turn the ringer volume down during in-coming calls but the system reverts back to the maximum loud ringer volume upon end of call.

Thanks.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:43 AM

C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by C350Silver
Everytime my handsfree tel rings, I have a heart attack...because it's so loud. How do you set the ringtone to be at a lower volume? I can turn the ringer volume down during in-coming calls but the system reverts back to the maximum loud ringer volume upon end of call.

Thanks.
Very easy...just use the volume controls for the stereo, either the knob in the center of the console, or the buttons on the steering wheel. I had a friend call me and let it ring so that I could lower the ring tone to non heart-stopping ear-splitting levels...
Good luck!
Old 02-11-2008, 01:01 PM

C300 (W204) w/ MM, P1, & 18"amg's
^Welcome to MBworld. And he is correct. Just thought you like a second opinon
Old 02-11-2008, 02:18 PM

c300
Smile You could also try this to lower the volume

Tel Phone List.
Select an mobile phone from the list.
Select Options
Reception Volume
or Transmission Volume.
To set the volume: Slide or
rotate knob on the audio controller.
The volume bar moves up or down.
To confirm selection: Press n or
slide omp the audio controller.
This might be a more Permanent solution.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI

Thanks.
I can controled it from my phone
Old 02-13-2008, 02:51 AM

C300 Sport 6-spd
Originally Posted by gyzrael
Very easy...just use the volume controls for the stereo, either the knob in the center of the console, or the buttons on the steering wheel. I had a friend call me and let it ring so that I could lower the ring tone to non heart-stopping ear-splitting levels...
Good luck!

Thanks for the excellent tip. At home, I used my cordless phone to dial my cell phone, and then made the volume adjustments with the knob on the console. Now when the phone rings in the car, the volume is just perfect.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:59 AM

'08C300 White w P2,MM,Pano
This is probably a dumb question.... but has anyone figured out a way to change the ringtone. just to something a little less annoying than the present one?
Old 06-14-2008, 12:43 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 C350 Palladium Silver
Originally Posted by gyzrael
Good luck!
Because I didn't purchase the Nav Package, the audio system in place now doesn't save the volume after I lower it (during an incoming call). I brought it into the dealer on 3 occassions and the service tech could replicate my problem, lowered the volume on the steering wheel, and even lowered the reception and transmission volume through the Options menu...all have gone no where. The loud ring volume persists.

I'm trying to get the dealer to install the Nav Package, just so I don't have a heart attack everytime I have an incoming call.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:49 PM

1999 210 4matic / 2011 W204 C300 sport
Because I didn't purchase the Nav Package, the audio system in place now doesn't save the volume after I lower it (during an incoming call). I brought it into the dealer on 3 occassions and the service tech could replicate my problem, lowered the volume on the steering wheel, and even lowered the reception and transmission volume through the Options menu...all have gone no where. The loud ring volume persists.

I'm trying to get the dealer to install the Nav Package, just so I don't have a heart attack everytime I have an incoming call.
i have the same problem too , it is rather getting annoying , please update if you have a fix. also , ididnt know there is a retro-fit navi package avliable ?
thanks