C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Is grey interior too boring?

Old 04-21-2008, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB w204 C300 Sport, Audi B7 A4 2.0TQ, Porsche Cayman 981
Originally Posted by melbourne tim
TOO LATE!!!

My car has been built, so I am stuck with the black interior. I don't mind, but after all your input I would have preferred grey, or maybe Cognac. Never mind....... maybe sell this one and get a C63AMG! (Just kidding)
dont worry about it...i ordered my car with the grey/black leather. in my five month wait, I kept thinking that I would regret it, wishing I had chosen all black...in the end I was happy that I stuck to my original, gut feeling.

your gut told you to get black...you made the right decision...who cares what others think
Old 04-21-2008, 08:40 AM

C220CDI
Originally Posted by itcrashed
dont worry about it...i ordered my car with the grey/black leather. in my five month wait, I kept thinking that I would regret it, wishing I had chosen all black...in the end I was happy that I stuck to my original, gut feeling.

your gut told you to get black...you made the right decision...who cares what others think
Thanks. One factor in deciding on black is that my 4 and 7 year old kids tend to put scuff marks on the back of the seats, and they don't go too badly in black interior. It would probably mark the grey seats really badly.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:51 PM
QQQ

MY2001 C320
Originally Posted by itcrashed
i actually think the opposite to most: the two-tone grey black looks sportier to me than all black.

the grey seats sitting on black floors looks mighty sporty to me....add the leather interior and the stitching adds even more to the sportiness.

i have the grey/black leather interior with pano...man when i open up the pano...it looks like summer inside my car!!! (oh, thats a good thing lol)

the idea behind the pano was to provide an "airy" feeling inside the car...with an all black interior, it might make it look a bit claustrophobic.

in the end, i enjoy my grey/black interior...and have no regrets.
+1. Can't agree more.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:57 PM

2008 W204
Originally Posted by benggolf
I chose grey/black interior with Palladium Silver for all the previous reasons stated. Also the black birdseye maple trim looks better and stands out with the black/grey combination.

The lighter color interior makes the cabin look more spacious and airy.
+1
Old 04-21-2008, 03:22 PM

2008 BMW 335i Coupe (Six-speed Manual)
I used to drive an RX330 that was silver and two-tone interior, black/grey. It's clean but kind of dull-looking. I think that was exacerbated by the fact that the outside color is the same as the inside.

I hope Mercedes offers the brown/beige option, or even a black/beige, on future sport models. The carpets are also hard to clean, although I assume that the carpets are black on all sport models.