C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

iPod Amp - Outstanding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 01:35 PM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Kieffer
On mine, it wasn't a "smidge" of a difference. The ipod was barely audible unless I cranked the system up to what would normally be an amp-clipping volume level. That, of course, created all kinds of noise / hiss / etc.
Interesting -- tell you what, I'll have some serious listening and report back on what I find. 'til then...
Old 06-04-2008, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
Originally Posted by ni2mi2
I got this fixed under warranty - Brumos Motors, Jacksonville, Florida. They installed the amp and didn't charge me anything - not even for labor.

I think you should take it up since it wasn't your fault.
I want your dealer. Any chance of their moving out here to California?
Old 06-12-2008, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
Originally Posted by ManchesterMerc
I have email'd MB customer services about this and I am just waiting for a reply. I will let you know if there is anything to improve the volume level through Aux port.
I have contacted Mercedes-Benz USA, and they were incredibly unhelpful and on the verge of rude. Furthermore, they evidently don't believe in email cause all they wanted to do was play phone tag.

They said engineering confirmed this was normal to have this audio issue or whatever, so basically I should go disappear.

I'm going to see if I can find anything else out. People love the AUX-in on cars today, so I think it's a shame we can enjoy it properly.

I know that at least the roads around here, you can't even turn it up enough to hear it properly over the road at highway speeds.

With the amp thing for the iPod kit, you'd think they could do something similar for AUX-in, wouldn't you?

Well, thats all I have for now.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 4matic
that extra amp is only a $20 part. I wasn't charged with installation, only the $20 with my iPod installation kit and its intallation.

Personally, I thought I shouldn't have been charged the $20 since it was fixing the sound issues with the aux/iPod input. And it's only $20 on a car that I paid full sticker on.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350
Originally Posted by Kieffer
I said exactly what you did, but I added one thing. I also said that you have to crank up the system volume so high when it's on AUX that, if a call comes in or if I change audio sources, it scares the living hell out of me (as it's so loud) and I'll surely wreck the car at some point if this isn't fixed.

My dealer doesn't usually play games, so I figured I'd be ok - but better safe than sorry. And I don't have time to fight it out right now. Once phrased as a safety issue, my thought was that they'd take a little more notice of it. My service adviser didn't even write down the safety part, etc. He just said, "we'll take care of it."
Can you please post the copy of the service report, I want to show it to my dealer, this should be warrenty fix. You can blankout your personal info or VIN.
TIA.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
Hey guys, also wanted to say in regards to the AUX-in only, I think it's just ridiculous how they say that is how AUX-IN always is, it's always quiet in all cars.

I rented a Chevy this weekend to save miles on the Merc during a not so fun trip, and it's AUX-in sounds better than the CD system. Simply beautiful sounding. Love it.

Why can't our near $40,000 Mercs have an AUX-in as good as a 20k Chevrolet?