C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-04-2015, 06:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

w204 secrets thread...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300
Re-Sync

Originally Posted by angeloxnet
I've shown many ppl this feature, and i've never had to re-sync the windows after. maybe its a region thing

Does this have anything to do with vent mode on the windows? I did this whole block the path thing one and I remember that the window would not go all the way up. In fact it would go up all the way when requested but drop itself an inch or 2 (hence why my brother keeps calling it vent mode, but I am not sure if he is making it up).

A few days later it was back to normal.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:28 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
I don't know if it is classified as secret, or if it has been revealed before -- Above the interior front door opening handles, there are six tiny LED lights shining on the handle. Those LEDs are kind of hidden, and the light is very subtle. For the longest time I thought it was a reflection from the street light, but I just realized that these are tiny LED lights. Kind of neat.

With best regards,
Old 12-17-2008, 07:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Anyone figure out how to tuen off the beeps when locking/unlocking the car?
Old 12-17-2008, 10:44 AM

1974 Bronco
Originally Posted by axhoaxho
I don't know if it is classified as secret, or if it has been revealed before -- Above the interior front door opening handles, there are six tiny LED lights shining on the handle. Those LEDs are kind of hidden, and the light is very subtle. For the longest time I thought it was a reflection from the street light, but I just realized that these are tiny LED lights. Kind of neat.

With best regards,
at your feet and under rear view mirror...I like the mood.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:54 PM

2016 C200
Originally Posted by vnc230
i have tried to do it, and finally , car did not sound ..., i tested both cars, honda civic and W204 , civic sounded beep beep freakin loudly until i shut it off by remote key while W204 was nothing ....

i dont know man , i think my local MB factory did not put alarm system ....,some folks from other forum said there are two situations : no alarm system or alarm system has been unactivated by region requirements ( i dont know why )

to solve second situation , they suggested me asking local MB techical guy to input Nertherland or Norway alarm system codes , then here you go ..beep beep .@@..i will call them soon ..

A bit late, but the beeping has nothing to do with whether you have an alarm or not, but is a regional setting that can be set through the mb diagnostic software. this is also the case in the w203, where if you select "Norway" in the star diagnostic system, it enables the beeping.

also opening a locked door from outside, by reaching through an open window, only sounds the alarm if none of the remote key buttons had been pressed for more than 40 seconds after locking
Old 01-08-2009, 02:03 PM

2016 C200
Originally Posted by JCOnizuka
I had a Nokia N82 and it does the same thing too. Also you can send the contacts all at once as well. good job Nokia. But my girlfriend jacked my phone so now I am using Sony ericsson C902. This fone does not do what nokia can. In addition I have the ring volume problem where even if I could turn down the ring volume when incoming calls came, the car would resets back to the ring default volume. which is quite LOUD. Its hurting my ear and kind of hazardous as well. So anyone with a secret code that can turn the volume down and set it in memory?
..but the dumbest thing has to be, though you can send multiple contacts, you can't delete delete multiple contacts, unless you have a fitted convenience phone. it makes a b*tch of refreshing contacts or synchronisation
Old 01-08-2009, 06:53 PM
QQQ

MY2001 C320
Originally Posted by mickeyj86
1. When the sun / Pano roof is left open on an extremely hot sunny day, the
car will automatically close it (tilt position) after a while ( when the car is
parked )

2. Again if the car is equipped with Sun/Pano roof as well as rain sensing
wipers, the car will again close (tilt position) the roof as soon as the sensors
detect rain ( when the car is parked )

does this work on US models also or just euro i have a 09 W204
As I said before in this thread, both features don't work for US and Canadian models.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
I would love it if someone has the time and speed to go through this whole thread and do a recap of all the secrets. I am far to slow a typer and short on focus to be able to do this. Anyone want to recap it?

If anyone does do it, I have a suggestion. Some features only work in some countrys, so list that as well!

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to do the work!
Old 01-09-2009, 03:49 AM

2016 C200
Originally Posted by 451/443=EW
Ya...You dont need hill start for down hill, You have your front brakes for that. the point of hill start is so your car doesnt roll into the car behind you. If you roll into the car infront of you, ( sorry to say ) but you have to be a real Idiot. When the light goes green the car in front will move and you can release your brake and your car can roll without hitting anything, hense NO need for down hill start assist.

Just to be clear, im not calling You an Idiot, im talking about people in general who might roll into a parked car at an intersection.
I have somewhat of a different take on this. Hill Assist does work for me downhill and I think there is a reason for it. If you happen to park on a downhill incline, too close to a stationary object or someone comes and parks their car in front of you on the incline and goes away (when you had initially left enough space to manouvre) or a parking space is on a downhill incline in front of a wall etc. etc, you would need to reverse away from the object before you can drive away. In such cases, you would not want the vehicle to move forward when you depress the brake pedal to press the gas, so you can reverse. In my experience, the vehicle remains static until you press the accelerator in Reverse and then it goes backwards. This is similar to an uphill incline, where you can also use the brakes to remain static, but you can do with assistance to remain static between brake and accelerator.

Last edited by horizon; 01-09-2009 at 04:03 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:01 AM

2016 C200
Unobvious Discovery (aka sceret): The round green light on the light switch, to indicate when your headlamps are on, changes dimness depending on how dark it is. It is brighter during partial darkness outside, so it is easier to see that it's on and dimmer at night, as it does not need to be as bright to see that's it's on. I think the headlamps (xenon) also change brightness depending on amount of outside light, but I haven't confrimed.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
Originally Posted by horizon
I have somewhat of a different take on this. Hill Assist does work for me downhill and I think there is a reason for it. If you happen to park on a downhill incline, too close to a stationary object or someone comes and parks their car in front of you on the incline and goes away (when you had initially left enough space to manouvre) or a parking space is on a downhill incline in front of a wall etc. etc, you would need to reverse away from the object before you can drive away. In such cases, you would not want the vehicle to move forward when you depress the brake pedal to press the gas, so you can reverse. In my experience, the vehicle remains static until you press the accelerator in Reverse and then it goes backwards. This is similar to an uphill incline, where you can also use the brakes to remain static, but you can do with assistance to remain static between brake and accelerator.

Very good point! I didnt even think if this. I thought the the OG was talking about down hill when going forward. So thats what my responce was for. Again I never even thought about reverse....So good point! Now I have not had a need to test this or experience it yet. But I will park on a hill now and try it. Thanks
Old 01-10-2009, 10:24 AM

2012 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by marakbai
Just discovered something last night; the cornering fogs only work if you're driving less than 20km/hr (could be 15km/hr, but I couldn't really get a chance to figure it out) ...

It was dusk and I was driving, on a 80km/hr road; I put on my indicator to make my left turn and I see in the reflection in the car ahead of me that the fog light only turns on when my car really slows down. Tried the right as well later on; same thing.

Kinda cool. So we don't look like idiots driving around with one blown fog!
The cornering fogs are working when the steering wheel turn right(or left) beyond 45 degrees.

Last edited by musk; 01-10-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:02 PM

1974 Bronco
locking doors also locks the gas filler door
Old 01-23-2009, 09:12 PM

08 Steel Grey C300, 05 Acura Silver MDX, 05 Tarmac Black Evo 8
Originally Posted by VD$
Hold Lock/Unlock buttons on remote pointing to the driver's door - there is a small IR censor - it will open/close windows and roof
Is there something im doing wrong ? I walk up to my car. Alarm is armed and all windows/sunroof are closed. I hold the lock AND unlock button at the same time and NOTHING happens.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
W205 C400
Originally Posted by mpevo8
Is there something im doing wrong ? I walk up to my car. Alarm is armed and all windows/sunroof are closed. I hold the lock AND unlock button at the same time and NOTHING happens.
You are doing it wrong, just hold the lock OR unlock button. So dont push them both at the same time. If you wanna close the windows hold the lock button, if you want to open hold the unlock button.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by mpevo8
Are you sure nothing happened? If you press and hold both buttons for 6 seconds, the car should change the way doors are opened. Either one press opens all doors or the first one only opens the driver's door and the fuel filler flap and the next press opens the other doors.

All this and the convenience window opening is explained clearly at the user manual too.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:51 AM

1993 300E
1) aux input in glove compartment.
1a) if you have ipod integration, the aux input is tucked away under the plastic cover.

2) aux input is accessed from cd menu (in my non-multimedia pkg).
So does this mean, that even if you don't have the iPod integration kit, you would still be able to play your iPod through the cars stereo? I'm guessing there would be some limitations though.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:58 AM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
C350
as far as the aux in glove compartment, the plug is on the right. You can go to walmart or wherever and buy an aux cable. Aux plugs into most normal (3.5mm) headphone jacks.

The thing is that with Ipod Integration, one can control his or her Ipod from the steering wheel buttons.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:59 PM

08-C350 black/black
dont know if you consider this a secret...but if you drive with Emergency Brake ON you cant control any of the audio controls...
Old 02-05-2009, 05:50 AM

2007 W204 C320 CDI Avangaurde with AMG Trim
Maybe we should summerize everything thats been noted...a bit of a pain going through page after page of postings
Old 02-08-2009, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
dont hav any secrets but thanks for revealing some -
Old 02-08-2009, 06:36 PM

2009 C300S 6mt
Originally Posted by Hobo86
Maybe we should summerize everything thats been noted...a bit of a pain going through page after page of postings
Agreed.

I might compile a list myself.. as it'd be nice if it were categorized..
Old 02-09-2009, 03:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C300 Sport 4MATIC™ Sedan
Originally Posted by RickP330
No, I don't have the tilt down mirror :-( is that an option unavailable to me where I am?
RickP
i dont hv too!!...
why??....i like the one can tilt down when u in R gear!
Old 02-23-2009, 07:27 AM

C200
Not sure if this had been listed previously but discovered a safety feature yesterday! If you do not close the back door fully (not sure about the front door) and start the engine, the door handle inside loses its "resistance" meaning you will not be able to open the door from the inside to prevent you from falling out presumably. You need to do a manual reset by flicking a plastic "catch" located on the "inside" (the thin part of the door that has the lock catch) lower part of the door itself.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:23 PM

E200C-Fully loaded, Obsidian Black, ILS, Panoramic roof and some other bits and pieces.
Jesus man,
Have you been living on another planet?
That feature is called a child safety lock and you have it on most of the vehicles.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.

Quick Reply: w204 secrets thread...