C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

about the PDC(Parking Distance Control)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C350 4MATIC
about the PDC(Parking Distance Control)?

hi there, has anyone ordered the PDC from your dealer? i asked my dealer in Vancouver, he said that they don't have this package for all C series even in US, but they can install it for me for $750~the price is not included the display & only for rear radar.
so did you guys order the PDC for your new C? and does that look like in the pic?

Old 07-12-2008, 01:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350
Here in the US is called Quick Park, and it is a dealer installed option only. The price is around $800 - $1000 once you add the painting charges. It doesn't look as nice as the one on your picture and it is a sound alert only. That being said, the system works really good and I would recomend it. I tried uploading a picture of my QuickPark, but there seems to be a problem right now; I'll try again tomorrow. The sensor itself is very similar to the one on your picture, but it has that big ring around it to hide the drilled holes. The system has a total of 4 sensors and 3 volume settings.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:51 AM

BMW E90, W204 C350
wow but this system is really nice
Old 07-12-2008, 07:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
W205 C400
Originally Posted by Bokx_350
Here in the US is called Quick Park, and it is a dealer installed option only. The price is around $800 - $1000 once you add the painting charges. It doesn't look as nice as the one on your picture and it is a sound alert only. That being said, the system works really good and I would recomend it. I tried uploading a picture of my QuickPark, but there seems to be a problem right now; I'll try again tomorrow. The sensor itself is very similar to the one on your picture, but it has that big ring around it to hide the drilled holes. The system has a total of 4 sensors and 3 volume settings.
Quick park is only with sensor in the Back with only a signal here in The Netherlands, isn't it?

I have the PTS (Park tronic system), this give a (beep) signal and a distance indication with leds for the front and the rear. And for the left and right side of the front/back from the car.

The front indicators are located at the front, and the led indicators for the rear are located in the Roof, so if i look in the rear mirror i see the leds for the back. The led's on the front goes on when you drive under the 20 km/hour. The led's on the back goes on when you set your transmission in R.

This can be ordered from factory here, but i dont see it in the US brochure

Isn't that availlable as an OEM option in the US ??

Works great, and if the red led are on you still have aprox 30cm before the indicator thats build on every car (so thats when you hit the other car) say stop.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:47 AM

BMW E90, W204 C350
is not avail in US and Canada
Old 07-13-2008, 05:00 AM

W204 C350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Bokx_350

thanks for your reply!

waiting for your pics~

anyway, its really useful for me !

thaks again!

Old 07-13-2008, 05:04 AM

W204 C350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Petje
Quick park is only with sensor in the Back with only a signal here in The Netherlands, isn't it?

I have the PTS (Park tronic system), this give a (beep) signal and a distance indication with leds for the front and the rear. And for the left and right side of the front/back from the car.

The front indicators are located at the front, and the led indicators for the rear are located in the Roof, so if i look in the rear mirror i see the leds for the back. The led's on the front goes on when you drive under the 20 km/hour. The led's on the back goes on when you set your transmission in R.

This can be ordered from factory here, but i dont see it in the US brochure

Isn't that availlable as an OEM option in the US ??

Works great, and if the red led are on you still have aprox 30cm before the indicator thats build on every car (so thats when you hit the other car) say stop.

i think it not available in Canada~......damn

but maybe i should get a rear view camera for my car~

Trending Topics

Old 07-13-2008, 05:08 AM

W204 C350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by rs1985
is not avail in US and Canada
what about a rear view camera?

is that possible to find a camera can work on my C? i mean show the pics on the COMAND system?

Old 07-13-2008, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Originally Posted by Eddy_tj
what about a rear view camera?

is that possible to find a camera can work on my C? i mean show the pics on the COMAND system?

I think someone installed one but you have to put a VIM kit in if I remember correctly.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:51 PM

W204 C350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Ron Jr
I think someone installed one but you have to put a VIM kit in if I remember correctly.

ok, but what is the VIM kit?