C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Clear Bra Picture Comparisons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 07:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 MB
Clear Bra Picture Comparisons

I thought a new thread was in order to strictly keep this about pictures showing the differences between installers.

I had mine done at my local dealer that included a die cut set. The package included full front, 18" up on hood, and back of mirrors. No headlight or fog light coverage.

Overall the job is not bad but with a list of $1100(I paid$900) and only two hours of labor I feel like the job could have been better with full wrap around every edge.

Attached are images showing the standard gap from body panel edges and a few areas not even covered. The lower lip has an outline in red of a complete uncovered area.
Attached Thumbnails Clear Bra Picture Comparisons-headlight_washer.jpg   Clear Bra Picture Comparisons-hood.jpg   Clear Bra Picture Comparisons-lower_bumper.jpg  

Last edited by racetested; 07-24-2008 at 08:01 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
15 Mercedes C400, 12 Mercedes C250 coupe
how bout a close up of the "line" on the hood, im curious to see that on other's.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:27 AM

1991 560SEC Teal 1989 420SEL Ice Blue 1984 500SEC White
Originally Posted by racetested
I thought a new thread was in order to strictly keep this about pictures showing the differences between installers.

I had mine done at my local dealer that included a die cut set. The package included full front, 18" up on hood, and back of mirrors. No headlight or fog light coverage.

Overall the job is not bad but with a list of $1100(I paid$900) and only two hours of labor I feel like the job could have been better with full wrap around every edge.

Attached are images showing the standard gap from body panel edges and a few areas not even covered. The lower lip has an outline in red of a complete uncovered area.
Wouldn't the wrap work better if it were taken further passed the edge?
I'd be looking at the leading edges being subject to more abuse and the paint in a more abusive position.
In other words WHY doesn't the wrap protect the whole front end?
Also will the paint have an edge left on it, when the film is ever removed?
Bruce
Old 07-24-2008, 10:27 AM

08 MB
Originally Posted by BENZITCH
Wouldn't the wrap work better if it were taken further passed the edge?
I'd be looking at the leading edges being subject to more abuse and the paint in a more abusive position.
In other words WHY doesn't the wrap protect the whole front end?
Also will the paint have an edge left on it, when the film is ever removed?
Bruce
My questions and point exactly and that's why I would like to see custom install comparisons and what others are doing.

I already have two small rock chips on the edges.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
wow...you paid too much for so little protection. For that price you should have been able to get at least a full hood. There shouldn't be that much of a gap and exposed area.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:58 AM

08 MB
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
wow...you paid too much for so little protection. For that price you should have been able to get at least a full hood. There shouldn't be that much of a gap and exposed area.
The whole point of this thread is for people to show PICTURES. Comments do no good for people to see the differences. I already know my clear bar could have been done better hence my last post and this one. We are way past that in my case.

I'm safely assuming potential future buyers and even existing owners are interested in what can be done so they can ask and request better installs based on facts and pictures prove that and not someones here say.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 DC2, 08 C350
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
ferreal.

well i'm getting mine done at Star Shield tomorrow. i'll let you guys know how that goes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
The whole point of this thread is for people to show PICTURES. Comments do no good for people to see the differences. I already know my clear bar could have been done better hence my last post and this one. We are way past that in my case.

I'm safely assuming potential future buyers and even existing owners are interested in what can be done so they can ask and request better installs based on facts and pictures prove that and not someones here say.
ok ok. easy there tiger. I'll take some pics after work.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
I agree.