C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2nd stage mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200
Originally Posted by Petje
I have looked at the Malaysia MB website... C200K STARTS with RM261,888, so thats about 80.000 USD...... Thats almost 2 C63's in the US...
Hi, why dun u serve Singapore website? C200 is selling more than US 100k here!!!
Old 07-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Almost a Member!

C350, ML350
cmann nice work

His car, his moni, he can do what he wants....don't ask stupid questions, if you must comment on it, do it with a smile.

Badge it whatever you like Cmann....it's looking good!!!

Some people are just in here...

Last edited by junkfoodz; 07-27-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:21 AM

W204 C230
singapore is crazy taxed...some of my spo friends just spend all of their monthly incomes for cars , that how chinese love car ..LOL..,the nissan GT-R i checked last time was about 230K US dollars + dealer mark up ( dont know how much )...
Old 08-09-2008, 04:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
W205 C400
Any updates?? I want to see RESULTSSSSSSS

Old 08-09-2008, 10:37 AM

W204
i dont want to argue with any of you guys but you the USA citycens have to thanks God you can get all the stuff cheap and dont live in a country that taxes kill all our dreams. If he wants to put C63, let him put whatever he wants he is the owner not you, with the cost of a c63 in our country we can buy ferrari`s, lamborghini`s or gt2 in your country (i wont give that money), normal people in our country dont win more than US$220 per month. So what i want o say with this is try to put your self in our side and stop critizice people. or just own a
c63 before talk.

this is not direct, this is for everyone that fit the cap.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Originally Posted by erikguti
i dont want to argue with any of you guys but you the USA citycens have to thanks God you can get all the stuff cheap and dont live in a country that taxes kill all our dreams. If he wants to put C63, let him put whatever he wants he is the owner not you, with the cost of a c63 in our country we can buy ferrari`s, lamborghini`s or gt2 in your country (i wont give that money), normal people in our country dont win more than US$220 per month. So what i want o say with this is try to put your self in our side and stop critizice people. or just own a
c63 before talk.

this is not direct, this is for everyone that fit the cap.
Sorry to hear about your country tax issues, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the point of badging. There are plenty of poor people in the states too who can't even afford a new Camry let alone a C300. I'd dare to venture that COL is higher here in the states than it is in several of those countries. A mercedes is a luxury item. You buy what you can afford. To rebadge it to something else is "pretending" to be something it's not. This concept is the same regardless of what country you live in. It's the same if you buy an LV knock off bag or a fake Rolex. You're pretending that you're in a certain class that you're not. However, it is your ride and you can do whatever you want to your ride regardless of what other people say, but don't feel bitter when people do say stuff. I own a C300 and I'm proud if that. I don't need to go around and pretend it's a C350 let alone C63. I too love the C63 styling and wish I had one too, but the price of ownership was not reasonable to me with the cost of housing, food, family also being taken into consideration. I'm not fake, I don't pretend, and I don't pose, but if you want to, be my guest.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
W205 C400
Guys, STOP

I was interested in an update, i didn't bump this thread to go on with the discussion about doing it or not...

peace...

but if you want to discus about it, go on, i take a
Old 08-09-2008, 02:31 PM

W204 C230
i do agree about not putting any AMG logos on C200K,C230, C300,C350 ...since you already have AMG body stying kit from factory ..for those who like C63 AMG bodykit ( including me )..the look and the style from C63 body are enough..,back to the car ...i wanna see more pic when its totally done with rims,low, tint....etc...
Old 08-09-2008, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 Prius & Miata MX5 PRHT, 2010 Toyota Venza AWD, 05 C55 AMG, Yamaha 1100 Custom, Honda 250 Reflex
Originally Posted by Devastator187
+1

Kinda like buying a Civic for $15K and spend $20k on mods to make it look like something luxury.
Remember guys, he is living in Malaysia and duties/taxes on luxury cars are prohobitive; that's why it is worth his while to make his car look like a C63AMG.

Now be kind and considerate. Just appreciate his work and passion.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:08 AM

mercedes c200k w204
Talking

Originally Posted by Petje
Any updates?? I want to see RESULTSSSSSSS

Hi guys!
the car will b ready tmrw. doing the quad exhaust n its done. the color and body kit looks amazing. its more aggressive looking now. will post pics in a few days...
Old 08-10-2008, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
Great, I can't wait to see the result.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:03 PM

'08 c350 sport
wow that looks really good where did you buy the body kit? im not looking for the c63 body kit but just something to make my c350 a bit more aggressive before i trade it in in 2-3 years
Old 08-11-2008, 04:59 AM
Almost a Member!

C350, ML350
pretending

Originally Posted by Azn_C300
Sorry to hear about your country tax issues, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the point of badging. There are plenty of poor people in the states too who can't even afford a new Camry let alone a C300. I'd dare to venture that COL is higher here in the states than it is in several of those countries. A mercedes is a luxury item. You buy what you can afford. To rebadge it to something else is "pretending" to be something it's not. This concept is the same regardless of what country you live in. It's the same if you buy an LV knock off bag or a fake Rolex. You're pretending that you're in a certain class that you're not. However, it is your ride and you can do whatever you want to your ride regardless of what other people say, but don't feel bitter when people do say stuff. I own a C300 and I'm proud if that. I don't need to go around and pretend it's a C350 let alone C63. I too love the C63 styling and wish I had one too, but the price of ownership was not reasonable to me with the cost of housing, food, family also being taken into consideration. I'm not fake, I don't pretend, and I don't pose, but if you want to, be my guest.
WHO CARES...some people don't have money, so let them pretend...it doesn't hurt anyone....stop telling people this n that...just sit and enjoy his upcoming pictures.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
Originally Posted by sharp903
wow that looks really good where did you buy the body kit? im not looking for the c63 body kit but just something to make my c350 a bit more aggressive before i trade it in in 2-3 years
In one of the threads the show the Carlson body kit. Do a search and you will find it. You won't be disappointed.

" You never walk alone "
Liverpool
Old 08-11-2008, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by junkfoodz
WHO CARES...some people don't have money, so let them pretend...it doesn't hurt anyone....stop telling people this n that...just sit and enjoy his upcoming pictures.
The people who really care are those who actually did shell out the cash for AMGs. People pay for that exclusivity. Rebadging cheapens what they paid for. Go to any meet or show and you'll see what people say about rebadge. Look, this is an open forum where we express our thoughts and feelings. I've expressed how I feel and I've already said he can do whatever he wants, so I'm just gonna drop it.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Mercedes C250 Coupe, 1998 SL 600 sport
Dude,
This thread needs to be updated. Got any more pics yet?
RickP
Old 08-11-2008, 04:27 PM

W203
The people who really care are those who actually did shell out the cash for AMGs. People pay for that exclusivity. Rebadging cheapens what they paid for. Go to any meet or show and you'll see what people say about rebadge. Look, this is an open forum where we express our thoughts and feelings. I've expressed how I feel and I've already said he can do whatever he wants, so I'm just gonna drop it.
Your comments of "rebadging" are uninformed at least, stuck up at best.

Did you know both Mercedes and BMW sell non-M and non-AMG cars with M and AMG body kits, even the badge! Look it up.

The w203 SS came with the AMG body kit.
The 330i could be order with the M-package, including bodykit and M badge.
The w209 CLK500 could be ordered with an AMG package including bodykit and wheels.

The manufacturers encourage "rebadging", and people do "shell out the cash" buying these cars new off the lot. So if the manufacturers aren't worried, why should you be?

BTW, your comment: "A mercedes is a luxury item" is incorrect. Mercedes sells the A-class, an economy car, and the C-class (the car you drive) and E-class can both be ordered with a "TAXI" option.
A Mercedes is just another car, especially the C-class. Now an SL, that's luxury.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:06 PM

2008 Sport C-300, 2003 Accord Coupe V6
Dude, you guys keep on missing the point. One last time! It's your money, your car, you can do whatever! Just don't be mad at the people that would laugh at your knock-offs. Period!

If you can't take negatives, don't post your pics and ask for feedback.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by amanonfire
Your comments of "rebadging" are uninformed at least, stuck up at best.

Did you know both Mercedes and BMW sell non-M and non-AMG cars with M and AMG body kits, even the badge! Look it up.

The w203 SS came with the AMG body kit.
The 330i could be order with the M-package, including bodykit and M badge.
The w209 CLK500 could be ordered with an AMG package including bodykit and wheels.

The manufacturers encourage "rebadging", and people do "shell out the cash" buying these cars new off the lot. So if the manufacturers aren't worried, why should you be?

BTW, your comment: "A mercedes is a luxury item" is incorrect. Mercedes sells the A-class, an economy car, and the C-class (the car you drive) and E-class can both be ordered with a "TAXI" option.
A Mercedes is just another car, especially the C-class. Now an SL, that's luxury.
Granted, the A and C class are not technically considered luxury vehicles, but it was more a comment towards the general perception (in the US primarily) of the Mercedes brand as a luxury brand.

And I know that you can order AMG body and trim parts. Heck, my c300 has AMG wheels and body. But you know what, I can't get into that AMG member section on Mercedes site. I can't tell them...but but but I have AMG wheels and exhaust and full body kit! Why is this? Because it's not an AMG vehicle. Mercedes is a business and they'll sell you whatever as long as you pony up the cash, but even they recognize that your vehicle, no matter how much you dress it up, is NOT an AMG vehicle. No engine, no badge.

Dude, you guys keep on missing the point. One last time! It's your money, your car, you can do whatever! Just don't be mad at the people that would laugh at your knock-offs. Period!

Exactly, they can do whatever they want, but don't be surprised by any negative feedback.

ok, seriously now. I'll stop commenting on this

Last edited by Azn_C300; 08-11-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:58 AM

mercedes c200k w204

Old 08-12-2008, 08:11 AM

Serpent S966
Originally Posted by cmann
cmann, mine all those people who does not have as much budget as you do... time to post pics now
Old 08-12-2008, 08:23 AM

W204, W220, S15 Silvia
lol notice how the owner of this car don't really give too much of cares about those that gave so much efforts in typing all those negative comments

I'd say good job cmann and we want some pictures!
Old 08-12-2008, 08:40 AM

W203
Granted, the A and C class are not technically considered luxury vehicles, but it was more a comment towards the general perception (in the US primarily) of the Mercedes brand as a luxury brand.

And I know that you can order AMG body and trim parts. Heck, my c300 has AMG wheels and body. But you know what, I can't get into that AMG member section on Mercedes site. I can't tell them...but but but I have AMG wheels and exhaust and full body kit! Why is this? Because it's not an AMG vehicle. Mercedes is a business and they'll sell you whatever as long as you pony up the cash, but even they recognize that your vehicle, no matter how much you dress it up, is NOT an AMG vehicle. No engine, no badge.
Did you see the thread starter is not American? Mercedes is a luxury brand in NA cause of the "beanie baby" affect. If you limit the quantity, makes, and models, you can create prestige and demand. If Mercedes sold all their variants (including the A, B, and V, plus the smaller engine variants of the E, S, SL, ...) here it'd be another manufacturer, not a pseudo luxury brand.

BTW MB did used to offer the badge with the body kit, I think it was on the previous S-class. So its not the badge that's preventing you access to the site, its the engine.

Lets be honest, you're more worried about rebadging diluting the apparent luxury of your car. Its a C-class, a daily driver entry-level luxury car. Big deal.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:41 AM

W203
Where did you buy the body kit from? I like it!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have nothing against the OP and applaud his effort. He's already said he's not rebadging and just like the looks of the C63. This is perfectly acceptable and the proper way of doing it. Like I said before, I don't care what you do with your car, as my car isn't an AMG or anything, I'm not personally vested. My comments weren't in response to the OP. It was in response to some of the others on this board and trying to explain why they will experience negative feedback from others if they do rebadge. The OP is doing an amazing job and his efforts show in the pics he's posted. Please read the whole thread and follow the lines of conversation. Not all comments are directed at OP.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2nd stage mods