C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

09 Almond/Mocha MB tex interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230 SS
Question 09 Almond/Mocha MB tex interior

Does anybody have any pics of the new Almond/Mocha MB tex for the 09 C-class? Looks nice from the few pics I have seen on the MBUSA website. I think it might look nice with a black exterior and Burl Walnut Wood Trim. Got a black interior now and it might be a nice change thanks

Last edited by MCONDE01; 08-02-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
I've only seen the pics on the website, but I do really like it. The wife really wanted me to get the lux model because she wasn't feeling the black int. That's when I made some smart *** comment in my best cartman impression and well, I've been sleeping on the couch ever since. BUT, I got my black interior! j/k btw.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
But what colors can you pair up with this interior?

- Black
- White
- Capri Blue
- Barolo Red
- Sand Beige (Luxury only)

I think that's it, no other exterior color goes with the tan interior. Comments?
Old 08-02-2008, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by nyca

- Black
- White
- Capri Blue
- Barolo Red

I think that's it, no other exterior color goes with the tan interior. Comments?
That's the worse part about it, you can't seem to get the colors you actually want with the body style (lux/sport) or the wood trim you want.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:04 PM

2009 C350W on EDP
Something to keep in mind with '09 Sport Models opting for Almond/Mocha interior is that the studded brush metal finish on the pedals and a few aluminum accents are eliminated. I guess MB thought it clashed..or something.

Here is the quoted caveat from the 2009 MBUSA brochure: "6 Rubber-studded pedals, 3-spoke steering wheel and silver-color instrument cluster not available with Almond/Mocha upholstery on Sport models. Almond/Mocha upholstery only available with Burl Walnut wood trim."

Last edited by TRauppius; 08-04-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:15 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Almond/mocha

Originally Posted by TRauppius
Something to keep in mind with '09 Sport Models opting for Almond/Mocha interior is that the studded brush metal finish on the pedals and a few aluminum accents are eliminated. I guess MB thought it clashed..or something.
Looking at the MB Canada '09 brochure, I see that this color is no longer available in leather but only in plastic (they call it Artico man-made leather) so I'm glad my old-fashioned '08 C300 was ordered with beige leather.

Looking at the prices, looks like those poor hosers from north of the border will be taking a royal screwing on the '09s, cost-wise.

$1200 for Tele-aid with zero talk time?
Old 08-03-2008, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by Krytech
That's the worse part about it, you can't seem to get the colors you actually want with the body style (lux/sport) or the wood trim you want.
Model year 2009 is much better with this than the 2008 models. There are two differences between the Lux and Sport models now one being the two exterior color choices, Sand Beige in Lux only and Mars Red in Sport models only and the other being Silver interior trim in Sport models only. The rest of the options have leveled out between the two. The Sport is now available with wood interior trim and with the Beige interior. As for the original posters question, just look at the picture thread located at the top of the C class forum. It is the same as the Lux Savannah/Cashmere interior for 2008, they just changed up the name for it on 2009 models from the looks of it.

Capri Blue with the beige interior always pops, but the problem is every Capri Blue car I see has it, I like to be different. Think I would go with Sand Beige if your looking at a Luxo model or Pewter in the Sport with the beige interior.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the info chilledbenz, glad to see they are easing up a bit and allowing additional combinations. The beige may of been nice to have in the sport model. When we were looking however, I noticed the lux model w/ beige we drove had kind of a lot of dashboard reflection on the windshield, where as the GL we looked at had a slightly darker but similar color on the dash that produced much less reflection.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by chilledbenz
Capri Blue with the beige interior always pops, but the problem is every Capri Blue car I see has it, I like to be different. Think I would go with Sand Beige if your looking at a Luxo model or Pewter in the Sport with the beige interior.
What do you think about Palladium Silver with the beige interior? Possible combo?
Old 08-03-2008, 07:20 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Silver/beige

What do you think about Palladium Silver with the beige interior? Possible combo?
Terrible.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RLE
Terrible.
OK, so Pewter (which you never see) goes with tan but the Palladium does not?

It's funny, if you pick up autoweek, and look at the Maserati ad, the advertised car is a grey/silver with tan interior.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
I've seen that color combo in a Luxury C300 and I have to say that at first I thought it was a bad idea. Apparently others did as well as it sat in the show room for a good month or so before it finally sold (this was during the C class sales peak). I have to say though, after thinking about it, it wasn't all that bad and your almost certain not to see another set up just like it when you pull into the mall parking lot. Gives it that stand out look and while it wouldn't be my first choice in color, I would say that it wouldn't be all that bad.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:39 PM

2005 C230 SS
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
Model year 2009 is much better with this than the 2008 models. There are two differences between the Lux and Sport models now one being the two exterior color choices, Sand Beige in Lux only and Mars Red in Sport models only and the other being Silver interior trim in Sport models only. The rest of the options have leveled out between the two. The Sport is now available with wood interior trim and with the Beige interior. As for the original posters question, just look at the picture thread located at the top of the C class forum. It is the same as the Lux Savannah/Cashmere interior for 2008, they just changed up the name for it on 2009 models from the looks of it.

I am set on getting the black exterior so I know I will have the option to get the Almond/Mocha Tex which is a cool ....I didn't know that the Savannah/Cashmere interior for 2008 looks the same as the Almond/Mocha Tex for 2009? I thought the Almond/Mocha would have been more brownish....

And this below just sucks!
"6 Rubber-studded pedals, 3-spoke steering wheel and silver-color instrument cluster not available with Almond/Mocha upholstery on Sport models. Almond/Mocha upholstery only available with Burl Walnut wood trim."

thanks for the feedback so far everyone!
Old 08-04-2008, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

- Black
- White
- Capri Blue
- Barolo Red

6 of the 10 available exterior colors can be paired with the Beige interior, and many people stayed away from the sport models because it lacked the beige option from the luxury.

The complete list, in my opinion, should be:

Black, Obsidian Black, White, Barolo Red, Mars Red, Capri Blue.

Capri Blue, in particular, looks best with beige.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by MCONDE01
I am set on getting the black exterior so I know I will have the option to get the Almond/Mocha Tex which is a cool ....I didn't know that the Savannah/Cashmere interior for 2008 looks the same as the Almond/Mocha Tex for 2009? I thought the Almond/Mocha would have been more brownish....

And this below just sucks!
"6 Rubber-studded pedals, 3-spoke steering wheel and silver-color instrument cluster not available with Almond/Mocha upholstery on Sport models. Almond/Mocha upholstery only available with Burl Walnut wood trim."

thanks for the feedback so far everyone!
The good things about this..one the studded pedals are easily added to any car by going to the parts department and ordering them (although cost may be an issue there) and two the silver instrument cluster is annoying..it looks cheap and it reflects sunlight. Not sure silver trim would look so good with beige interior anyways...although Black Ash sure would..grrrr