C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

W204 used in the new A4 commercial!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204
I watched the commercials again. And I only have one conclusion, Mercedes-Benz is a leader, and Audi is just a follower.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:09 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by aowhaus
The 2009 A4 interior doesn't look like 'progress' compared to the 2008 RS4. Sure it has more bottons and knobs, but the design isn't as sporty or stylish. I don't like the bland 4-spoke steering wheel, the less stylish rectangular air vents, and the nav screen that forms an unattractive and not very well integrated hump on the dash. I must admit the finish and quality of materials do have an edge over our Cs.
that's about as biased as someone can be on commenting on the B7 and B8 interior.

like the 3 ring dash board, square air-vents, same type of a/c control unit, from the 203 and 204 are all that different. the 204 also has a "bland 4-spoke" standard in the classic and elegance model.

also, "not very well integrated hump"? where did you see the hump exactly? The top dash on the B8 is one piece flows through to the middle and comes right down. This is not the E90 that actually HAS the hump or the w204 Comand that looks like something aftermarket/after-thought.

no offense, but I rather you just said "it's not your style" than making stupid biased comments.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by mb_horseshoe
You are too funny man. I'm beginning to think you work for Audi. You take Audi's studio interior shot which probably cost 5k to produce and compare it to a camera phone picture of the c300?

These two are probably better pictures to compare against

With that being said, I do like the new A4 interior - (it's almost as nice as the w204)
+1

@amanonfire: god dammed are you stupid...
Old 08-12-2008, 06:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Originally Posted by mbny
Curious if they will be using the same engines in the 09's? They mention at the end "fastest" car in it's class. Would love to see what they have that they feel is quicker than BMW's twin turbo 335. Plus BMW has the 335 twin turbo diesels being released for 09' which in every article I've read about it so far, refers to the car as a "torque monster" pulling hard on even the gasoline powered 335's. Anyone know if they have any new engines or increase in power for 09'?
The 2.0T will have 211hp/258lb-ft. The 3.2 FSI will have 265hp/243lb-ft. Tests for the 3.2 have put it at 5.7s 0-60. They are working on a new supercharged 3.0 engine that will be in the re-designed A6 coming out in a year or two and will probably trickle down into the A4. The 3.0TFSI has 290hp/310lb-ft. As well as a higher output for the new S4 with the same engine.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203
Originally Posted by Stuttgart-UT
+1

@amanonfire: god dammed are you stupid...
Shall I report you, or shall you apologize.

I am criticizing a car, you are making personal attacks.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:30 AM

W203
Originally Posted by supernsx
I like the interior layout of the W204 but the material being used in the current A4 is definitely much better than the W204. Actually, in my opinion, most of the other MBs use better material than the W204 and I almost feel like it is more a W204 problem than anything else.
The R-class uses the same dash materials. I noticed a year ago when I got a ride in one as the shuttle. Hopefully this is not the route MB is going with all models.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:34 AM

W203
To those who will continue to criticize me in this thread: please read what other members have posted. There's now a significant number of members that have either criticized the w204 interior design and/or materials, even agreeing that the A4 interior is nicer.

So can we stop the personal insults and continue our critical review of the cars? or are we all that attached to our cars we cannot separate personal attacks from critical thinking?
Old 08-12-2008, 05:04 PM

2008 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by tategoi
I watched the commercials again. And I only have one conclusion, Mercedes-Benz is a leader, and Audi is just a follower.
+1
Old 08-12-2008, 06:15 PM

I own 2008 C-350 2008 E-350 2005 C -230 Kompressor 2006 FORd F-350 6.0
Exclamation 14 millionmile mercedes tested their car to be rated number 1

This is where I step in I went to the collection dealer where I live. I ask there a gentalman plese assit me with the Audi A4 A6 A8 . I drove them all they lack grip on the road they would slide on turns. How can one say audi is a better car. They would just slide off the road at exesssive speeds while turning them sharp. MAn my c 350 everyone say it pasted to the road it glued. Tell me all am i correct or what. Plus look ok
this car the so mercedes that took 7 years to build. Was tested all over the world china africa antartica alsaka drive 14 million mile built to perfection . HOw dare one say the audi is a better car to me its junk. Seven years to build this new c class 80 to Zero stop in 3 seconds. Come on now whos got an edge on performance and quality have you all seen the videos how the c class was tested. Do your research and see the intense testing of this car..........this car what even taken features out like no memory seat or mirrow turn down on reverse. Why so consumer report giv eit high rating without and electrical glicthes. This car was built on a track. Plus remember no one else than mercedes build a car to be driven all day at an excess of 130 non stop .other car maker build car to be driven to point a to point b... Just make me furuios when other dont know what here talking about ...mercedes might look rough in interior but it a better built car
Old 08-12-2008, 06:41 PM

c300
I'd say the commercial was absolutely perfect. It got all of your attention and got you talking about their product, good or bad.

And, sorry, when I associate the mercedes brand with stodgy "old-world" style so it made perfect sense to me. I know Merc is trying to pull themselves away from that image.

On the flip-side why is everybody so excited about the new A4? I'm hoping I change my mind when I see it in person, but it just looks soggy toast bland to my eyes (I've owned two previous Audis and my wife currently drives a Q7 ... so I typically like Audis).
Old 08-12-2008, 06:45 PM

c300
Plus remember no one else than mercedes build a car to be driven all day at an excess of 130 non stop .other car maker build car to be driven to point a to point b... Just make me furuios when other dont know what here talking about ...mercedes might look rough in interior but it a better built car
Dude, I'm positive you're on something. I just hope your family gets you the help you deserve.

Other cars built, "to be driven all day at an excess of 130 non stop" include: Any Ferrari, any Lamborghini, Bugatti Veyron, BMW, Audi, Aston Martin ... the list goes on and on, those are just off the top of my head. Sorry, the C class is one step above basic transportation. But, don't let me burst your bubble.

BTW, if this car is "built to perfection" then I've experienced cars that must've been built to perfection +1.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Originally Posted by ATSOBE
Just make me furuios when other dont know what here talking about
Or when some do not have the proper grammar and spelling skills to make an intelligent post...
Old 08-12-2008, 07:24 PM

2008 c350 SG - 2004 c240 Wagon BS
Originally Posted by amanonfire
To those who will continue to criticize me in this thread: please read what other members have posted. There's now a significant number of members that have either criticized the w204 interior design and/or materials, even agreeing that the A4 interior is nicer.

So can we stop the personal insults and continue our critical review of the cars? or are we all that attached to our cars we cannot separate personal attacks from critical thinking?
I'm not a player in this cat fight but I can suggest that people need to develop a thick skin if they hope to survive the internet.

It's been my experience that people (typically still in their early social development) are quick to jump on folks from their safe, anonymous, perch behind the screen.

Better to learn how to shake it off and continue on your way since it is so prevalent.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C350 4Matic
ATSOBE, does come across a bit excited. But I have to agree with him or her. I think what ATSOBE is saying, is the car is fantastic value for the money. I have also heard how the engines are put thought the ringer to last at high speeds for prolonged times. Lets no slam ATSOBE too much here, im sure he realizes that lambo and Ferrari are on diffent playing fields. But concidering what the C is, its the top of its class right now.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:57 PM

2008 Sport C-300, 2003 Accord Coupe V6
Where did I "praise" the IS-F exhaust. I even pointed out its fake.

That's great your friends like it, I think its terrible. The plastic dash reminds me of older 80s cars, its rough and terrible to clean as dust gets trapped in all the crevices.

I understand why MB changed, the interior on my w203 is not durable. Yet in making a durable dash, they make it look awful.

Now you can keep bashing my comments, or accept I think the W204 is terrible, you think its great, and we can move on.
Someone sounds jealous!
Old 08-12-2008, 11:42 PM

IN reply to statement of me.....

Originally Posted by oblu
Dude, I'm positive you're on something. I just hope your family gets you the help you deserve.

Other cars built, "to be driven all day at an excess of 130 non stop" include: Any Ferrari, any Lamborghini, Bugatti Veyron, BMW, Audi, Aston Martin ... the list goes on and on, those are just off the top of my head. Sorry, the C class is one step above basic transportation. But, don't let me burst your bubble.

BTW, if this car is "built to perfection" then I've experienced cars that must've been built to perfection +1.
I am not on anything ok. Plus for your info i driven this car hard like it was a tank in a battlefield. I have run this cars through mud pot hole at high speed through 1 ft ponding water. Driven it through a whole bunch of day of slam on brake stop and go traffic. I have gone through one set of tires. in less than a few months. In other word i driven it like it been a hummer done burn out spined out on traffic.gone well over 120 on high way, than slammed on brakes to see how it handles. So what now this car is solid hasn't broken or anything. Now for lambos i driven them once a month to go out with hardly any miles and always break done in traffic. very unrealiable to me that my experience with italian cars. Also with maserati always broken .I doubt it if i drove it like i drove my c class it last a day. So i might not own a ferarri but i well been in many. My freinds own a few. I know i OWN THE CHEAPSET MERCEDES THEY MAKE BUT LOOK HOW RELIABLE IT IS ..... im glad i didnt end up with a used ferarri how i had plan cause i know i would had torn the car apart with my driving. Here your cna get a used one for 89k about 3 or 4 yrs old. Not worth it after i drove this new c class. So to your answer yes those cars you mention do go 130 or more all day long. But the answer is how long before they break.........
Old 08-12-2008, 11:52 PM

I come to the forum to share thoughts and help other why do other have to offend

Originally Posted by oblu

Maybe your just jokin around with your statement. with you dude your on something quote . I dont know if your playing or not but doesn't sound nice...... Let all try to get along with out posting smart *** comments they dont sound nice sounds offending at least me cause i dont smoke pot or do drugs.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:26 AM

2011 BMW 335xi titanium silver.
I am doing the opposite of the commercial - moving out of an A4 and into the C300. In Canada, I found the pricing of the C300 very competitive. Audi has not released their pricing yet for the B8 and the sports model won't be released in Canada until Oct/Nov.

Yes I like the new B8 vs the B6/7 A4: LEDs, Bang & Olufsen stereo option as well as paddle shifters option, adaptive drive option, extra torque and better fuel efficiency.

However, I feel that the reliability of my particular Audi was somewhat disappointing (3 coolant leaks, 6 burnt out light bulbs, 1 fuel pump, 1 coil pack failure, 1 MAF sensor, 1 vacuum hose, 1 glove box). Thank goodness for extended warranty.

Can't wait for my new car to arrive, still being built in Germany! In the end, it's about personal preference and experience.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:08 AM

W203
Originally Posted by Devastator187
Someone sounds jealous!
LOL
Old 08-13-2008, 09:15 AM

W203
Originally Posted by drevil2k2
However, I feel that the reliability of my particular Audi was somewhat disappointing (3 coolant leaks, 6 burnt out light bulbs, 1 fuel pump, 1 coil pack failure, 1 MAF sensor, 1 vacuum hose, 1 glove box). Thank goodness for extended warranty.
Here's some major problems with the previous w203, so you can expect similar with the w204 if MB continues the course:

- cylinder head failure: sticking valves
- oil leak into wiring harness: bad seals in sensors
- vacuum leaks: hoses that rot with oil
- coolant leak into transmission: cheap rad
- bushing replaced in control/thurst arms, endlinks: bad design
- air conditioning leak: cheap condenser
- fuel pump and fuel sensor problems
- rust: early models were not adequately rust proofed

If you think you're buying into MB reliability, you're wrong. MBs record on the w203 is worse than the B7, so both the w204 and B8 might be lemons.

I learned my lesson with the w203 - never buy the first year of ANY model or engine - unless you plan on buying an extended waranty
Old 08-13-2008, 09:19 AM

W203
Originally Posted by wblynch
Better to learn how to shake it off and continue on your way since it is so prevalent.
On MBW more than any forum I've been on. People here are so quick to defend their entry-level luxury cars.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:44 AM

2008 C300 Sport
Here's some major problems with the previous w203, so you can expect similar with the w204 if MB continues the course:

- cylinder head failure: sticking valves
- oil leak into wiring harness: bad seals in sensors
- vacuum leaks: hoses that rot with oil
- coolant leak into transmission: cheap rad
- bushing replaced in control/thurst arms, endlinks: bad design
- air conditioning leak: cheap condenser
- fuel pump and fuel sensor problems
- rust: early models were not adequately rust proofed

If you think you're buying into MB reliability, you're wrong. MBs record on the w203 is worse than the B7, so both the w204 and B8 might be lemons.

I learned my lesson with the w203 - never buy the first year of ANY model or engine - unless you plan on buying an extended waranty
So you won't be buying the B8, right?

It seems like you've had a bad experience, but Audi's (in general) have a much worse reliability record than MB's.

I have to believe, that after 7 years of research and development, that at the very LEAST, a few of those kinks were ironed out. Not to mention, environmental factors and driving style affect reliability as well -- just because you experienced those problems doesn't make it a general occurrence (sorry that you got a lemon).

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings...tings-by-brand

This argument is pointless - obviously, some of you are Audi lovers (amanonfire is probably an Audi employee), and will defend Audi to the death, and most of the rest of us are MB lovers (this is an MB w204 forum, right?).

So when you come to this forum, and act surprised that many of us defend our cars, it really comes off as ignorant. What did you expect when you bash the car that this forum is dedicated to?
Old 08-13-2008, 11:52 AM

W203
Originally Posted by mb_horseshoe
So you won't be buying the B8, right?

It seems like you've had a bad experience, but Audi's (in general) have a much worse reliability record than MB's.

I have to believe, that after 7 years of research and development, that at the very LEAST, a few of those kinks were ironed out. Not to mention, environmental factors and driving style affect reliability as well -- just because you experienced those problems doesn't make it a general occurrence (sorry that you got a lemon).

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings...tings-by-brand

This argument is pointless - obviously, some of you are Audi lovers (amanonfire is probably an Audi employee), and will defend Audi to the death, and most of the rest of us are MB lovers (this is an MB w204 forum, right?).

So when you come to this forum, and act surprised that many of us defend our cars, it really comes off as ignorant. What did you expect when you bash the car that this forum is dedicated to?
I won't be buying a B8 until its been out a few years and I can judge the reliability based on history.

I didn't get a lemon, there are huge problems affecting all w203s, not just a limited few:
2003-2005 M271 W203 are all affected by the cylinder head issue
pre-2003 Q2 W203 are all affected by the rust issue
2003-2005 M271 W203 are all affected by the vacuum leak and oil harness leak
2001-2005 w203 with automatic transmissions are all affected by the coolant leak

Apparently MB did its homework on the W203 too, so why should we believe the W204 will be any different.
Yes, after 6 years of making the W203 all the issues were ironed out. Yet the W202 was bullet-proof, so if we're to judge based on the previous model, the W203 should have been a success. It wasn't, so please don't preach.

I'm not defending Audi, I'm bashing Mercedes. Terrible styling combined with terrible reliability, and the introduction of a new model is a recipe for disaster. Good luck, hope you bought the extended warranty.

JD Powers only means something if you're leasing a car for the first few years, those of us interested in keeping a car longer know better. The IQS is only 90 days into ownership, and the VDC is 3 years into ownership. The majority of the problems on the W203 only surfaced after 4 years of ownership, and wouldn't even register on JD Powers.

Ignorant - no, arrogant - maybe, informed - definitely.

Did you expect to bash another brand without someone defending it?
I'm not surprised people are defending their car, I'm surprised they are so ignorant to the terrible reliability of Mercedes of late, and the awful interior design and materials.

Then again, the W204 is selling well, so perhaps MB is on the mark with bland styling and plastic interiors, pricing the W204 low to attract bargain basement shoppers that will overlook this to have the 3-pointed star.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
I won't be buying a B8 until its been out a few years and I can judge the reliability based on history.
But you're bashing the w204 with no established history yet. w204 is a completely different car than w203 so sins of the father don't apply.

I didn't get a lemon, there are huge problems affecting all w203s, not just a limited few:
2003-2005 M271 W203 are all affected by the cylinder head issue
pre-2003 Q2 W203 are all affected by the rust issue
2003-2005 M271 W203 are all affected by the vacuum leak and oil harness leak
2001-2005 w203 with automatic transmissions are all affected by the coolant leak

Apparently MB did its homework on the W203 too, so why should we believe the W204 will be any different.
Yes, after 6 years of making the W203 all the issues were ironed out. Yet the W202 was bullet-proof, so if we're to judge based on the previous model, the W203 should have been a success. It wasn't, so please don't preach.
daimler chrysler era...

I'm not defending Audi, I'm bashing Mercedes. Terrible styling combined with terrible reliability, and the introduction of a new model is a recipe for disaster. Good luck, hope you bought the extended warranty.
I think you're being pretty harsh here...overly so. w204 is NOT terrible styling. If you like the audi styling more than the mercedes...that's fine. Everyone has their own personal tastes. This statement makes you a jackass.... especially on this forum.

Did you expect to bash another brand without someone defending it?
I'm not surprised people are defending their car, I'm surprised they are so ignorant to the terrible reliability of Mercedes of late, and the awful interior design and materials.

Then again, the W204 is selling well, so perhaps MB is on the mark with bland styling and plastic interiors, pricing the W204 low to attract bargain basement shoppers that will overlook this to have the 3-pointed star.
Why are you even on the w204 or mercedes board in the first place? Do you really have nothing better to do than troll a mercedes enthusiast board bashing the brand? You own a w203 so obviously you enjoyed the brand at some point, but it seems that fire has burned out for you. Everyone here loves mercedes and we love our w204. Does it have flaws? yes. So does every single car out there. We'll defend it cause we own it, just like you'd defend a member of your family regardless of their faults. I'm pretty sure everyone is fed up with you by now.

http://www.audiforums.com/forum/ is that way
Old 08-13-2008, 01:36 PM

2008 c350 SG - 2004 c240 Wagon BS
To Mr. A Man On Fire,

Your personal vendetta against Mercedes won't prevent a single sale of a W204. It's turning out to be a popular car and selling well.

I'm sure there are enough W202's or W203's out there to keep their fans supplied for many years if that's their preference.

I personally don't care how poor an experience you had, as my personal experience with a W203 has been very satisfying. I am quite pleased with my W204. I understand no car is perfect, even a Toyota or Honda.

If you don't care for W204 then please make us happier and go hang out at a forum dedicated to the vehicle that you do care for.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W204 used in the new A4 commercial!