C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Tire Pressure Monitor Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350
Tire Pressure Monitor Question

I've searched the forum for threads on this already, didnt seem to find what I was looking for.

What happened is I got a message this morning that says "CORRECT TIRE PRESSURE", I dont quite understand what it means and why it come up all of a sudden. It's the normal white color light not bright red like some people here experienced.

What should I do? If it's normal and nothing why does it appear out of nowhere?

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2008, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 298 Likes on 226 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
means tire pressure dropped in 1 or more tires.

just go to a gasstation & pump them up.

if tire pressure only dropped a little, it's normal.
if it's a lot, then you might have punctured it.

anycase, don't forget to reset the tire pressure monitor of the car,
afterwards.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C300
I too just got this message today when I got out of the car. None of them look low or damaged.....so I guess it needs to be topped off.

Thanks
Old 08-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 C350, Obsidian Black, P2, MM, Pano, AMG Wheels, i-Pod and Leather
Originally Posted by Sexymaru
I've searched the forum for threads on this already, didnt seem to find what I was looking for.

What happened is I got a message this morning that says "CORRECT TIRE PRESSURE", I dont quite understand what it means and why it come up all of a sudden. It's the normal white color light not bright red like some people here experienced.

What should I do? If it's normal and nothing why does it appear out of nowhere?

Thanks!
I'm going to go out on a limb here... it means your car's tire pressure is not within specifications.

What should you do? Buy a tire pressure gauge, check your tire pressure monthly and adjust accordingly. Oh yeah, you might want to check the manual or door sill on correct tire pressures.

Why did you get the message? See above.

Finally, RTFM.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300 Sport, MM, P1
i agree, get a tire pressure gauge. i carry a digital one in my glove compartment. its only $10 bucks at target and it works great. just because your tire doesnt look low, doesnt mean it isnt, so make sure to check at least once a month especially if the weather is changing a lot in your area.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:50 PM

2008 C350 Special Edition
Got the same message today.

29.5 (Front left)
30.5 (Front right).
Rear two were both 37.0.

Fronts are supposed to be 33 or 34 I believe so i will have to add a little. The rears were close to where they should be (I am not near my car atm, but the B-arm has the correct PSI for the tires.).
Old 08-19-2008, 10:41 PM

push pedal bicycle & '08 C 350
damn, i got this message too just now.

anyways i also noticed on one of my wheels there is a very small curb rash on my driver side front wheel. wtf. how do i get a curb mark on the non curb side? i wonder if it came like that from the dealer since i just got my car and know i didnt hit anything. oh well, sux for me.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Now: Alfa Romeo Stelvio, Maserati Quattroporte (formerly Alfa Romeo Giulia and 911)
I too have gotten the message (normal color, not red) three different times. When I got home, I used three gaugues (two manual "stick" gauges and one digital one). All tires were within 0.5 pounds of each other and all tires were 3 +/- 0.5 pounds above the door recommended pressure.

I dont' understand. However, I have noticed that all three times, I was driving on the right lane of a heavily-slopped road, so the car was leaning to the right, when seen from behind. Maybe this caused two of the tires to loose air (or two of the tires to heat up more than the other two, if the MB tire pressure monitor works by comparing tires to each other instead of to a fixed pressure number).

Any insights?
By the way, the first time this happened was in Phoenix, AZ and the other two times it happened in El Paso, TX. Ambient temperatures were over 90 degrees F.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:11 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
TP

Originally Posted by galret
I too have gotten the message (normal color, not red) three different times. When I got home, I used three gaugues (two manual "stick" gauges and one digital one). All tires were within 0.5 pounds of each other and all tires were 3 +/- 0.5 pounds above the door recommended pressure.

I dont' understand. However, I have noticed that all three times, I was driving on the right lane of a heavily-slopped road, so the car was leaning to the right, when seen from behind. Maybe this caused two of the tires to loose air (or two of the tires to heat up more than the other two, if the MB tire pressure monitor works by comparing tires to each other instead of to a fixed pressure number).

Any insights?
By the way, the first time this happened was in Phoenix, AZ and the other two times it happened in El Paso, TX. Ambient temperatures were over 90 degrees F.
If you are satisfied that the pressures are where you want them, then reset the system using the dashboard menu.

And of course, RTFM.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:05 AM

08 c300
Yeah Ive got that message as well.. Checked the pressure and they were all around 29 to 30 psi. I just pumped them up to about 36 psi and i was good to go.. My tires have a maximum of 50 psi.. Thats a little to much
Old 08-24-2008, 08:02 AM

2009 C350W on EDP
Check the sticker...

Originally Posted by michaeljdunn
Yeah Ive got that message as well.. Checked the pressure and they were all around 29 to 30 psi. I just pumped them up to about 36 psi and i was good to go.. My tires have a maximum of 50 psi.. Thats a little to much
You should check the information plate on the central drivers doorpost, glovebox, or owner's manual. It will state the correct pressure for you exact model and factory installed tire/wheel combination.

I think I had seen elsewhere in this forum that the staggered F/R pressures for the C300/C350 are 28/33 PSI. I could be recalling this incorrectly so please look at your info plate.

Last edited by TRauppius; 08-24-2008 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by Savage c-300
i agree, get a tire pressure gauge. i carry a digital one in my glove compartment. its only $10 bucks at target and it works great. just because your tire doesnt look low, doesnt mean it isnt, so make sure to check at least once a month especially if the weather is changing a lot in your area.
i also carry a digital one in the glove box..

proper tire pressure had given me 1-3 mpg increase with the w204, from my experience right after reinflating tires to proper level
Old 08-24-2008, 05:16 PM

08 c300
Originally Posted by TRauppius
You should check the information plate on the central drivers doorpost, glovebox, or owner's manual. It will state the correct pressure for you exact model and factory installed tire/wheel combination.

I think I had seen elsewhere in this forum that the staggered F/R pressures for the C300/C350 are 28/33 PSI. I could be recalling this incorrectly so please look at your info plate.
Yeah but mine are aftermarket tire/wheel and on the tire it says maximum of 50 psi...