C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

True or False someone told me when wiper activate break pads skim disc 4 when u brake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own 2008 C-350 2008 E-350 2005 C -230 Kompressor 2006 FORd F-350 6.0
True or False someone told me when wiper activate break pads skim disc 4 when u brake

Is this true that when the window wiper are on the break pad get closer to the disk. to repel water and if you have to break it safe that way. Is this true or someone fed me mumble jumble where is there evidence of this . I wana learn where to find this info. The other thing is also I been told that when you brake the car use the rear brakes to brake. This prevents the car from nose dive is this fact wher ecan i read this so i can brag about my c350 to my freind in their bmw. Please rovide me with info on this thank you
Old 08-30-2008, 01:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 c300
Originally Posted by ATSOBE
Is this true that when the window wiper are on the break pad get closer to the disk. to repel water and if you have to break it safe that way. Is this true or someone fed me mumble jumble where is there evidence of this . I wana learn where to find this info. The other thing is also I been told that when you brake the car use the rear brakes to brake. This prevents the car from nose dive is this fact wher ecan i read this so i can brag about my c350 to my freind in their bmw. Please rovide me with info on this thank you
Depending on the model, yes, the pads lightly wipe the disks if you have rain sensing wipers. The nose dive is prevented by the suspension design, not by using mostly the rear brakes. MB braking would be awful if it only used the rears!

PS. Your friends BMWs probably may well have the same features - so don't brag too fast
Old 08-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER

Did you try google before posting this? No flame, but you always seem to have a question and the way you state it shows that you rarely, if ever, google or STFF prior to contributing.

This is in reference to all of your other prevoius post.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:49 PM

I own 2008 C-350 2008 E-350 2005 C -230 Kompressor 2006 FORd F-350 6.0
Exclamation In reply to your Quote AMDEUTSCH

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Did you try google before posting this? No flame, but you always seem to have a question and the way you state it shows that you rarely, if ever, google or STFF prior to contributing.

This is in reference to all of your other prevoius post.
In america we always use google before we post its just let say the american way of life. But google doesnt always have all the answer in the world. I have google alot of times .
" Why does amdeutsch always examine all my posts to the needle and to the last gramar dot." Google does'nt have no answer here either maybe its just that. I guess google can't solve all our answers. So this is why we post here..... For someone who is willing to help out other without always having to examine our english and sentance structure.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
I bet it does use the rear brakes more because my fiance's C300's rear wheels always get more brake dust on them then the fronts. I've never seen a car where the rears are always worse than the fronts to clean.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:52 PM

05 SL500, 02 BMW Z3 (Mrs. VF), 05 FJR1300, 91 ZX-11
Being the SBC on SL500 2005, 4-7 minutes each the brakes skim the disk when sensor of rain activated. BMW be having this feature years after MB first show.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'08 W204.081; M 272.948 KE30; Colour Code#792
In america we always use google before we post its just let say the american way of life. But google doesnt always have all the answer in the world. I have google alot of times .
" Why does amdeutsch always examine all my posts to the needle and to the last gramar dot." Google does'nt have no answer here either maybe its just that. I guess google can't solve all our answers. So this is why we post here..... For someone who is willing to help out other without always having to examine our english and sentance structure.
Your english grammar really does suck, though. Can't argue with that.

BTW... here's a snippet of what I got from Google:

ADAPTIVE BRAKE is another new development in the area of running gear technology. This is based on the technology of the S-Class and provides additional support functions for even more safety and comfort. Examples include Start-Off Assist for uphill gradients, priming the braking system in critical situations and light contact to dry the brake discs in wet conditions.
Oh... and http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/e/cars...ng/flash8.html
Peace Out.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:29 AM

C180K 2011 COMAND, AMG, Dynamic Xenon, Business Pack, H&K Audio and +
I can understand where ASTOBE is coming from. Those BMW owners always have something to say about their car. I know cose my bro got one and his friend got one too ( Bought at the same day ) and they are always like BMW this BMW that. ( BMW leads and rest follow kinda arguments )

Heres what you can throw at them

IPOD integration ( Fist implemented by MB )
ADaptive brakes ( MB first again )
Auto gear box ( MB was not the first but were the first to implement it on a 4 wheel car and did not share this technology for years )
ABS = MB was the first to implement it on a 4 wheeler.
EPS or Traction control and many other names ( Fist implemented on A class MB)

The list goes on but this should satisfy your BM friends.

BTW ( this does not mean MB was always the first in innovation. )

both cars are for two different drviers.