C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Tired of Stories Whos really added more hp to their car POST YOUR Thoughts HERE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2008 | 10:29 AM

'08 W204.081; M 272.948 KE30; Colour Code#792
I've heard that an AMG badge is good for at least a 20HP gain.

As horrible as ATSOBE is with his engrish, I think it has improved *relatively* over the last few months. And he does make a good point... where's the data on HP gain from some of the aftermarket mods? It'll be interesting to find out how much more "juice" can be pumped out of the Merc engines.
Old 09-06-2008 | 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500 SPORT
ATSOBE, it's a different game. man honestly i agree with you 100% data is our friend, but i would rather sent my ecu to a well know turner than to do it myself granted im really mechanically inclined. I think people should think alittle more before they mod because every one is worried about warranty issues , if you want to mod just be aware the are consequences for it. ONE other thing is you have to give some tuners time to come out with more reasonably priced items just be patient
Old 09-06-2008 | 07:39 PM

2011 BMW 335xi titanium silver.
As a joke, I found this:

http://www.yourhotcar.com/prod/Surge...nce_Chip/17558

For the price, messing around with the air intake temp sensor and your tools required, " No special skills are required. A simple pair of strong pliers will be necessary for the install", I might pass on this one

Since I am going to a NA engine, and might miss my turbo,

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/200...o-Charger-Kit/

Don't try this at home.

With my GIAC chip, I can get my tuner to reflash the ECU to stock and then after the stealership service, load my program back in. Maybe this might be a more reliable solution than a piggyback type system.
Old 09-06-2008 | 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Originally Posted by drevil2k2
With my GIAC chip, I can get my tuner to reflash the ECU to stock and then after the stealership service, load my program back in. Maybe this might be a more reliable solution than a piggyback type system.
GIAC also has their hand held unit to switch programs as well.
Old 09-06-2008 | 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
sniff, sniff,I smell a.................................. wet NITROUS KIT!!!!!! a purge valve at the top of the hood?? Ohhhh yeeeeaaaaah!
Old 09-06-2008 | 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500 SPORT
Originally Posted by AMGTestDriverNJ
sniff, sniff,I smell a.................................. wet NITROUS KIT!!!!!! a purge valve at the top of the hood?? Ohhhh yeeeeaaaaah!
sounds good are you going to be the one to do it
Old 09-07-2008 | 04:10 AM

2008 BMW 335i Coupe (Six-speed Manual)
Get high-performance tires. Easily the best bolt-on modification.
Old 09-08-2008 | 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Originally Posted by ATSOBE
Everyone says do this try that. This Ecu update give 30 hp. Get these filters you get so an so Hp. Everyone say a different story who has actually facts. To better gas mileage to more horsepower under your hood. What can be Done post your thoughts and experiences.what no one has told me about a chip u clip on then remove when your going to the dealer i seen it for trucks why not here..its like a black box very little
Buy a 2005 E55.
Old 09-08-2008 | 09:44 PM

I own 2008 C-350 2008 E-350 2005 C -230 Kompressor 2006 FORd F-350 6.0
I thought of it E55 but the C class was a sure hummer for me

Originally Posted by Derspeed
Buy a 2005 E55.
For reason consumer reports gave all the E class not so good reviews. And the other thing the new c class was built and test how old mercedes were built many years ago on the old track test many many hours of pot holes dicthes mud testing around a track. As the previous version were built in the 50 60 70 . This is what stands out on this car 14 million mile testing at red line that why i choose my C class. It made like a hummer has to be flawless with the 14 million mile run at red line. Seen the test in the desert in the snow. Plus been a while mercedes uses more steel on the car than previous years. With all these new features had to forget about the E55... Need reliability i drive the cars like a hummer. Most car break on me first year this one has not. It has 11000 mile on it now
Old 09-10-2008 | 04:16 PM

2014 S550 4matic palladium silver, '12 CLS550 Iridium Silver
For reason consumer reports gave all the E class not so good reviews. And the other thing the new c class was built and test how old mercedes were built many years ago on the old track test many many hours of pot holes dicthes mud testing around a track. As the previous version were built in the 50 60 70 . This is what stands out on this car 14 million mile testing at red line that why i choose my C class. It made like a hummer has to be flawless with the 14 million mile run at red line. Seen the test in the desert in the snow. Plus been a while mercedes uses more steel on the car than previous years. With all these new features had to forget about the E55... Need reliability i drive the cars like a hummer. Most car break on me first year this one has not. It has 11000 mile on it now
So true! That's why I am not buying an E class.
Old 09-10-2008 | 06:26 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
MB follows the same testing method on all their cars smart guy.
Old 09-10-2008 | 07:22 PM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
I thought of it E55 but the C class was a sure hummer for me

You are comparing apples and oranges once again.

Question:

Why is it in all of your unintelligable, mostly incoherent, posts you're trying to turn your C into something it isn't?
Old 09-10-2008 | 09:48 PM

I own 2008 C-350 2008 E-350 2005 C -230 Kompressor 2006 FORd F-350 6.0
Where do you get your info mine are fact, Look at facts read be an informed consumer

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
You are comparing apples and oranges once again.

Question:

Why is it in all of your unintelligable, mostly incoherent, posts you're trying to turn your C into something it isn't?

Do your research mercedes claimed the testing of th enew c class was intensive not like other mercedes before in the past 8 years. Second from what I see you drive E class. Not a c class so you got no idea what it is to drive the new c class .

Mean while here is a link for more info on testing:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/2070112....ss-the-testing

The other thing is I driven this car alot in mud at dusty condition at trash dumpster sites. I have loaded it with cement bags construction material driven it hard with a payload. I probably drive what you drive in a week in one day .I keep the car alot on idle. Speed from light to light already. Driven the car over 100 mph for extened periods of times on unpaved roads. Park it alot over the beach on the water been exposed many time to salt water on idle. Look you drive The E class a very unreliable car by consumer reports. The car at 12000 mile has handle my extreme ways of driving through water mud sand and trash. Last few new cars I driven luxury I broken them at 5000 or 3000 miles. Power steering radiator transmission . Mostly 50 k car in the price range have not lasted more than 5000 mile with out major damage. This car to me is built and test just like mercedes say torture tested. I drive car like 4 x 4 love to go everywhere with it. I been to many jobs site where the roads are all dirt. You be crazy to stick this car in those condtions, huge rocks dust everywhere even with loaded
with building materials in the trunk, cause i dont wanna use my truck. So I have, not clue where you come up this idea if you probably don't drive 150 mile a day like i do leave the car on idle all day , after a while sound like a truck with the fans spinning trying to cool engine. Second load full with construction material in the trunk and driving through unpaved roads. Read your info before you post please . I always post with facts either from my experience or from reviews i read. Second I leave the on idle most times all day long. Most car would nt handle that kind of beating everyday from my experience. Most cars I have owned by now they had to replace the engine fan it usally burns out. Not all days I dirve the car hard but most times i do. I take care of it keep it clean waxed so on ,but drive the engine to the max when i drive it. Always always redline it cause that why its a C class. I probably get more enjoyment out of my C than your E. I drive it just like in the mercedes testing track.

Last edited by ATSOBE; 09-10-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-10-2008 | 11:42 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
14 mil?

Well, I've slogged through this one several times and several errors stand out. First of all the car certainly wasn't drive 14 million miles at redline. Forget the redline reference completely and let me point out that the 14 million number is what MB claims but the vast majority of it was virtual. Which means by computer, simulating testing. Not on the road. The W204 was tested more than any past model according to MB. So to say that they are all tested the same way, up until now, is unsupportable.

The reference to 50 60 70 baffles me.

As to the E-Class, the W211 before 2006 was a warranty nightmare. After that they are average or better, still not as reliable as the W204 but they will be when the W212 is introduced.

The Consumer Reports ratings are based on the early W211, not the '07 and later and they mostly complained about electrical troubles which are not the problem but in fact it was electronic failures that were the main problem, just like the early W203. Which to me means that the survey was faulty.

ATSOBE, I think you should be more careful about what you read so that you do not come to the wrong conclusions and reveal that in public.

Consulting a Speech Therapist might also be something to consider.
Old 09-11-2008 | 12:18 AM

C-300, XC70, Wrangler
Originally Posted by RLE
The reference to 50 60 70 baffles me.
I'm thinking he means ... "50s, 60s, and 70s" as a reference to the cars from the Ponton on ....

In my experience there have been some reliable MBs of earlier years. Perhaps that's his reference?
Old 09-11-2008 | 12:33 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Reliable?

Originally Posted by jstaneff
I'm thinking he means ... "50s, 60s, and 70s" as a reference to the cars from the Ponton on ....

In my experience there have been some reliable MBs of earlier years. Perhaps that's his reference?
I don't think he has much idea of any MB before his.

I'd like to hear which past MBs were reliable, after the term is defined. None of mine were and the absolutely fault free performance (so far) of my C300 is a Mercedes miracle.
Old 09-11-2008 | 12:57 AM

C-300, XC70, Wrangler
Originally Posted by RLE
I don't think he has much idea of any MB before his.

I'd like to hear which past MBs were reliable, after the term is defined. None of mine were and the absolutely fault free performance (so far) of my C300 is a Mercedes miracle.
The first one I drove was a '61 190b, very reliable once you accounted for the rubber they used in the gromets. Oh well. It was my father's car and lasted well into the mid-70s.
Old 09-11-2008 | 01:43 AM

'15 C200 AMG line, '08 C300 Sport Avantgarde, '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd, '02 CLK 200 (gone)
The other thing is I driven this car alot in mud at dusty condition at trash dumpster sites. I have loaded it with cement bags construction material driven it hard with a payload. I probably drive what you drive in a week in one day .I keep the car alot on idle. Speed from light to light already. Driven the car over 100 mph for extened periods of times on unpaved roads. Park it alot over the beach on the water been exposed many time to salt water on idle. Look you drive The E class a very unreliable car by consumer reports. The car at 12000 mile has handle my extreme ways of driving through water mud sand and trash. ... I drive car like 4 x 4 love to go everywhere with it. I been to many jobs site where the roads are all dirt. You be crazy to stick this car in those condtions, huge rocks dust everywhere even with loaded with building materials in the trunk, cause i dont wanna use my truck. So I have, not clue where you come up this idea if you probably don't drive 150 mile a day like i do leave the car on idle all day , after a while sound like a truck with the fans spinning trying to cool engine. Second load full with construction material in the trunk and driving through unpaved roads. ... Not all days I dirve the car hard but most times i do. I take care of it keep it clean waxed so on ,but drive the engine to the max when i drive it. Always always redline it cause that why its a C class. I probably get more enjoyment out of my C than your E. I drive it just like in the mercedes testing track.
Wow. I never had any idea that anyone was driving their C class like this. I'm trying not to be judgemental about it or tell you it's wrong--it's your car. Most folks buy a Jeep for that kind of rough stuff. I did.

I'm just amazed.

btw, what's this thread about again?
Old 09-11-2008 | 03:14 AM
Almost a Member!

C350, ML350
NFL?

Originally Posted by whkento
Wow. I never had any idea that anyone was driving their C class like this. I'm trying not to be judgemental about it or tell you it's wrong--it's your car. Most folks buy a Jeep for that kind of rough stuff. I did.

I'm just amazed.

btw, what's this thread about again?
it's about the NFL, im glad it's back...hehehe