C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Navigation Update DVD worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350 Sport, 2007 ML320 CDI
My service adviser just e-mailed me. There is a new COMAND update for the US that is supposed to add the "audio fadeout" option to the 2008s that don't have it. I'll get it done when I have my Service A done next month.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:31 AM

C180K 2011 COMAND, AMG, Dynamic Xenon, Business Pack, H&K Audio and +
No such update available as yet in Europe. That would be really strange. I just checked with MB service Dep. when I was getting my service A done and they said there is no update available. I have to go there again tomorrow for a part change and will ask if there is an update for COMAND system. What I asked for today was, the Audio fadeout option.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:41 PM

2008 C350
Nav update

I picked up my C350 July 08 and just found out that my navigation software installed is from 2007. I contacted NAVTEQ and was told that a new version came out March 2008. Contacted Mercedes to find out why my car didn't have the updated version on it. All they said was that the 2007 software was installed when it was manufactured. I don't understand why I have to pay 200+ dollars to update a nav system that should have already been updated prior to delivery or been given the updated nav software disc at time of delivery. Has anyone else been in this situation and received a one-time free update disc from MB?
Old 11-05-2008, 11:19 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Updates

Originally Posted by noslentx
I picked up my C350 July 08 and just found out that my navigation software installed is from 2007. I contacted NAVTEQ and was told that a new version came out March 2008. Contacted Mercedes to find out why my car didn't have the updated version on it. All they said was that the 2007 software was installed when it was manufactured. I don't understand why I have to pay 200+ dollars to update a nav system that should have already been updated prior to delivery or been given the updated nav software disc at time of delivery. Has anyone else been in this situation and received a one-time free update disc from MB?
Just today my C300 got a Telematics update at the dealer, mostly because my car's Comand would not complete the backup camera installation. It took almost an hour and a half and it is not done by inserting a disc in the disc slot.The disc is inserted in the laptop which is connected to the car's test port. Progress of the update is displayed on the Comand screen. The dealer's system, connected though Montvale, connects to MB's system in Germany as it updates all electronics after verifying what my car, through it's VIN, is equipped with.

Although the various screen displays are changed a bit, I don't know whether any nav updates were made or not until I use it a bit.

And this was done immediately without an appointment (with me watching) and at no cost since it is covered by warranty.

Excellent service from Phil Smart MB on Airport Way in Seattle.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 GLB35, 2007 E350, 2014 ML350 4Matic, 2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by RLE
Just today my C300 got a Telematics update at the dealer, mostly because my car's Comand would not complete the backup camera installation. It took almost an hour and a half and it is not done by inserting a disc in the disc slot.The disc is inserted in the laptop which is connected to the car's test port. Progress of the update is displayed on the Comand screen. The dealer's system, connected though Montvale, connects to MB's system in Germany as it updates all electronics after verifying what my car, through it's VIN, is equipped with.

Although the various screen displays are changed a bit, I don't know whether any nav updates were made or not until I use it a bit.

And this was done immediately without an appointment (with me watching) and at no cost since it is covered by warranty.

If you got the latest Nav update then you should have the Audio Fadeout feature.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C300
Originally Posted by theinmoe
Nav software version, command software version. press and hold 3 keys at center command, you will see eng menu in LCD.
This DOES NOT WORK...I have tried it many times in my 2008 C300 and it does NOT bring up any engineering menu.

So...those that have gotten it to work...DETAILS please
Old 11-06-2008, 04:35 PM

C350
Originally Posted by Hazemonster
This DOES NOT WORK...I have tried it many times in my 2008 C300 and it does NOT bring up any engineering menu.

So...those that have gotten it to work...DETAILS please
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w204...204-hacks.html
Check post 9 and 11 with picture.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:18 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Camera works at last!!

Originally Posted by RLE

As a followup to this post, i was still unable to turn on the camera, this time because the backup camera line was not present in the System menu even though it was shown in the Engineering menu.

Another call to Rob at Mid-City fixed me up. After walking me through two more steps on the menus, the camera is now working.

i would like to thank Rob and Mid-City for the excellent tech support that was provided to me. It is rare these days to call anybody's tech support (press 1 for English) without having to talk to "Kevin" in Mumbai.

Remember, without service for a product, you have nothing.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:52 PM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by lx Raven xl
No such update available as yet in Europe. That would be really strange. I just checked with MB service Dep. when I was getting my service A done and they said there is no update available. I have to go there again tomorrow for a part change and will ask if there is an update for COMAND system. What I asked for today was, the Audio fadeout option.
Hi Raven

There is an OS upgrade for Europe, I had mine done last week.

Audio Fadeout, New Icons etc.. you can also tailor the system to suit your needs a lot better than before.

There is a new feature called M-B Contact which is added to your contact list. (a selected number of countries in Europe, NL included)

It will to provide you with assistance /information from M-B via your phone connection, it relays your car details VIN, MILEAGE location etc.. to enable them to connect you to a competent person.

Last edited by Uga Uga; 11-08-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:26 PM

2008 W204
If you want the new software upgrade, here is the link,

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w204...d-worth-5.html
Old 12-30-2008, 08:31 AM

C180K 2011 COMAND, AMG, Dynamic Xenon, Business Pack, H&K Audio and +
Finally got the update I needed. I took the car to dealer and asked for the COMAND update . It took them a couple of hours and after the update i have the option. Never had a chance to check out what else is new.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'08 CLK320CDI AMG// '13 E500 Coupe AMG// '17 E350d AMG
Finally got the update I needed. I took the car to dealer and asked for the COMAND update . It took them a couple of hours and after the update i have the option. Never had a chance to check out what else is new.
Can you tell me wich version do you have now please?

Its also available the Europe map DVD v3.0 for sale, in ebay there are some for sale, cheaper than in the dealer.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:09 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nav update

Originally Posted by rs1985
my dealership told me
when you guys bring the car in for service, they will plug a computer in and update it, there is not DVD disx
Your dealer be wrong. I have just ordered from Phil Smart MB the update DVD for my C300 and the price was just bumped to $249 US. And the current Telematics Update (free under the warranty) does not update the nav database.

There is another long thread on this subject, new last week.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
15 Mercedes C400, 12 Mercedes C250 coupe
so the 4.1 DVD from Navteq is out (release December 2008)
a nice $249 USD, if only i knew JUST what I would be getting as an improvement I can at least ponder buying it. But really, it's going to give me some more streets? is that all?

Mine is 07Q2 release according to the engineering menu. The money is not the issue here, if Navteq at least told me if there were any major differences in March 08 and Dec 08 release I would buy it.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:40 AM

08-C350 black/black
Originally Posted by angeloxnet
so the 4.1 DVD from Navteq is out (release December 2008)
a nice $249 USD, if only i knew JUST what I would be getting as an improvement I can at least ponder buying it. But really, it's going to give me some more streets? is that all?

Mine is 07Q2 release according to the engineering menu. The money is not the issue here, if Navteq at least told me if there were any major differences in March 08 and Dec 08 release I would buy it.
I just updates from 06q2(i think) to 07q2 and it only changed a couple of pictures and maybe added more streets and POI's...im guessing with the newer one there isnt much difference....
Old 01-10-2009, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
15 Mercedes C400, 12 Mercedes C250 coupe
Originally Posted by aprince2die4
I just updates from 06q2(i think) to 07q2 and it only changed a couple of pictures and maybe added more streets and POI's...im guessing with the newer one there isnt much difference....
your prob right.
if only i we had the Lexus IS nav in our cars, that one has all the logos of major restaurants and POI's which i think is cool!