C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Gun Storage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 09:36 AM

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
GLA45 AMG, GLC43 AMG
Springfiled Armory XD-45 ACP Tactical

only time it's in the car is to go to the range.......
Old 11-04-2008, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
This thread is interesting. I carry a Glock 22, 40 cal for protection on the job (Fed) and wouldn't venture into some areas without it. In Ohio, one must pass a course. I believe if you carry, the gun is to remain on you holstered and concealed. If it were not legal to conceal/carry, trust me, the outlaws would still carry guns; as they do now. I know of one such outlaw that was just picked up yesterday. Micro, I like you, but I must tell you, most of the bad guys with guns are not "hicks." They are wannabe gangsters, real gangsters and drug dealers of all races in all areas urban and rural.

I hope anyone who carries is trained, educated and has a great deal of respect for firearms.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Derspeed
This thread is interesting. I carry a Glock 22, 40 cal for protection on the job (Fed) and wouldn't venture into some areas without it. In Ohio, one must pass a course. I believe if you carry, the gun is to remain on you holstered and concealed. If it were not legal to conceal/carry, trust me, the outlaws would still carry guns; as they do now. I know of one such outlaw that was just picked up yesterday. Micro, I like you, but I must tell you, most of the bad guys with guns are not "hicks." They are wannabe gangsters, real gangsters and drug dealers of all races in all areas urban and rural.

I hope anyone who carries is trained, educated and has a great deal of respect for firearms.
I respect that, I am sorry if I was offensive.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No problem buddy.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Interesting post.
My concern with many people that carry is that having a firearm available fuels a more aggressive approach to other drivers in general. This may be due to the thought in the back of their mind that they can settle any argument. I have seen "normal" guys become total and very scary @$$holes in simple road rage incidents where someone could have been killed very, very easily. It's just like the sweet, meek little soccer mom that will aggressively ride your bumper...it's simple because she is emboldened by a 5000lb SUV (just like weapon) without even knowing it.
For those with the need and the temperament, I have no problem with it. Unfortunately there are too many loose cannons out there...not including the real "bad guys"
Old 11-05-2008, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 c300 4matic
Cool

ak-47 in the trunk....nuff said

Old 11-05-2008, 04:18 PM

Received 103 Likes on 51 Posts
2022 GLE450
Originally Posted by pakiplaya
ak-47 in the trunk....nuff said

I love guns but there is never a need to carry around a weapon like this, its to show off, its people like that that often end up in trouble. Unless your LE there's no to carry any more than a pistol. I think gun owners need to be responsible, this is not.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by C300Sport
Interesting post.
My concern with many people that carry is that having a firearm available fuels a more aggressive approach to other drivers in general. This may be due to the thought in the back of their mind that they can settle any argument. I have seen "normal" guys become total and very scary @$$holes in simple road rage incidents where someone could have been killed very, very easily. It's just like the sweet, meek little soccer mom that will aggressively ride your bumper...it's simple because she is emboldened by a 5000lb SUV (just like weapon) without even knowing it.
For those with the need and the temperament, I have no problem with it. Unfortunately there are too many loose cannons out there...not including the real "bad guys"
There have been no reported incidents of someone being shot by a person who is legally carrying a concealed weapon in Ohio since passage of the law. That's not anecdotal.

One could also argue that people may not act so aggressively if they think someone else is carrying a firearm. So we can go back and forth with this type of "I've seen" argument all day. That's why my earlier post stated
"I hope anyone who carries is trained, educated and has a great deal of respect for firearms." I am with you, in hoping we all act responsibly.

BTW, we all know that people check their brains at the door when they jump in their SUVs.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Originally Posted by Derspeed
There have been no reported incidents of someone being shot by a person who is legally carrying a concealed weapon in Ohio since passage of the law. That's not anecdotal.

One could also argue that people may not act so aggressively if they think someone else is carrying a firearm. So we can go back and forth with this type of "I've seen" argument all day. That's why my earlier post stated
"I hope anyone who carries is trained, educated and has a great deal of respect for firearms." I am with you, in hoping we all act responsibly.

BTW, we all know that people check their brains at the door when they jump in their SUVs.
Think we are on the same page...just saying it a little differently
Old 11-05-2008, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I noticed something funny about this thread. Most every time I view it, the adds/banners are advertising guns for sale, etc... Guess the software picks up pretty well on the keywords...
Old 11-05-2008, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Think we are on the same page...just saying it a little differently

Let's get back to Brembos or something.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:20 PM

CLS63
Originally Posted by whkento
Hey, this is a good point. If you got a piece of closed cell foam rubber (the stuff folks use to outfit kayaks & canoes), you could easily make a custom-fit holder for your door pocket. It would be right there within reach, too. All you need is a felt tip marker, a utility knife, and coarse sandpaper or "shark skin".

Saks 350 sport, I'm anxious to learn which safe it is you're using... I'd also like to see a pic if possible.
sorry whkento. this thread got ignorant real quick and I stopped checking in. this is the one I have http://www.gunvault.com/minisafe.nxg I'll try to get you a pic and will PM it to you. take care.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300
Just shove it in your glove box.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:56 PM

08-C350 black/black
really that fits in the glove box?? i can barely get two small things in thewre...
Old 11-05-2008, 10:20 PM

2008 C300
Originally Posted by aprince2die4
really that fits in the glove box?? i can barely get two small things in thewre...
Just joking.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:46 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
I know the armoring branches of both MB and BMW offer all types of integrated weapons holsters for the interior.

The aftermarket armoring firms probably have these options too - Google "mercedes armoured cars".

Should be able to get the holster / part that fits your needs.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Almost a Member!

009 BENZ C300
i carry a AK-47 in the trunk, Sig 550 in the back seat on drivers side , Sig 552 in the back seat on the passenger side, and i carry a Magnum under the seat. Incase i run out of ammo or if im lazy to grab my "GAT" i got build in guns in my C300, im james bond bitcch u better not **** around, put ur add on fire
Old 11-06-2008, 08:25 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
The shooter

Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak
Sig 239 in armrest console
Sig 556 in trunk
Sig 229 on my belt
And the purpose for all this firepower? Are the big boys threatening to beat you up again?
Old 11-06-2008, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Originally Posted by RLE
And the purpose for all this firepower? Are the big boys threatening to beat you up again?
I've NEVER been beat in my life- I am the "big boy".
I carry because I have to. Understand?
Old 11-06-2008, 10:51 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
pulling my what?

Originally Posted by aprince2die4
if someone opens your door and pulls your as* out your not gonna have time to get the gun out of the glovebox...he's gonna take off in your car with your gun...then he'll find it might shoot someone...then what? lots of legal bullcrap..why go thru the hassle...leave it at home...you pulling a gun on someone means they are gonna do the same...someones gonna die...thats just my opinion...please dont shoot me!!
I always lock the doors before starting out. Always.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:13 PM

2008 C300
Originally Posted by RLE
I was raised in Maryland about 1.5 miles from Washington, DC. I grew up in the very violent 80's. Murders in DC topped 400 for a few years. Stepping on someones shoe was a death sentence in some cases. Life had no value.

I was 19 in 1989 and very, very anti-gun. I remember watching the 11 o'clock news each night just to see how many people got killed that day. On a day when no one was killed it seemed like they made up for it the following day. It was as if it was some kind of game or something.These people took pride in being murderers.

Well, anyway. I was carjacked that very year. That really reinforced my anti-gun stance. Facedown on the ground with a gun pressed to the back of your head is a life changing experience to say the least. It's no wonder why the only topic I ever debated in my college speech class was banning guns. Little did I know my views would do a complete 180.

1991- I was walking out of my apartment holding my 6 month old son while walking with my wife of 4 months. It was 3:22 PM. It's as vivid today as itwas then. We were walking to our car about 75 ft from the apartment swimming pool with about 40 swimmers enjoying the beautiful day. A man came up behind me and stuck a revolver in my back and asked me for my car keys. I slowly put my son on the ground and walked to the car while my wife grabbed my son. Lucky for us all he took that day was the car.

I can't really describe the emotional affect it had on me that day. And I hope no one reading this ever finds out. To be helpless like that is beyond any explanation I can give. All I know is my life changed that day. I told my wife that I would never let that happen again. So I bought my 1st handgun the next day. It was a Sig sauer P228. I carried it with me for 6 whole yrs even though it was a felony in the state of Maryland. It took being a victim to realize that the police are there to take reports. They can't possibly protect you or me 100% of the time. Not even 1% of the time. That's reality. So I took my chances. I remember my wife reminding me each time we went out if I had my gun.

So for those that disagree about gun control. I was just like you. Perhaps even worse but it took being a victim to change. I don't expect this will change many minds but it sure changed mine. I'm an advocate of keeping our rights. Right now gun ownership is your right. Don't let anyone take it from you.

Last edited by c3nthusiast; 11-06-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:26 PM

2008 C300
Originally Posted by RLE
I always lock the doors before starting out. Always.
Bullets go through windows you know. Even MB windows.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by c3nthusiast
I was raised in Maryland about 1.5 miles from Washington, DC. I grew up in the very violent 80's. Murders in DC topped 400 for a few years. Stepping on someones shoe was a death sentence in some cases. Life had no value.

I was 19 in 1989 and very, very anti-gun. I remember watching the 11 o'clock news each night just to see how many people got killed that day. On a day when no one was killed it seemed like they made up for it the following day. It was as if it was some kind of game or something.These people took pride in being murderers.

Well, anyway. I was carjacked that very year. That really reinforced my anti-gun stance. Facedown on the ground with a gun pressed to the back of your head is a life changing experience to say the least. It's no wonder why the only topic I ever debated in my college speech class was banning guns. Little did I know my views would do a complete 180.

1991- I was walking out of my apartment holding my 6 month old son while walking with my wife of 4 months. It was 3:22 PM. It's as vivid today as itwas then. We were walking to our car about 75 ft from the apartment swimming pool with about 40 swimmers enjoying the beautiful day. A man came up behind me and stuck a revolver in my back and asked me for my car keys. I slowly put my son on the ground and walked to the car while my wife grabbed my son. Lucky for us all he took that day was the car.

I can't really describe the emotional affect it had on me that day. And I hope no one reading this ever finds out. To be helpless like that is beyond any explanation I can give. All I know is my life changed that day. I told my wife that I would never let that happen again. So I bought my 1st handgun the next day. It was a Sig sauer P228. I carried it with me for 6 whole yrs even though it was a felony in the state of Maryland. It took being a victim to realize that the police are there to take reports. They can't possibly protect you or me 100% of the time. Not even 1% of the time. That's reality. So I took my chances. I remember my wife reminding me each time we went out if I had my gun.

So for those that disagree about gun control. I was just like you. Perhaps even worse but it took being a victim to change. I don't expect this will change many minds but it sure changed mine. I'm an advocate of keeping our rights. Right now gun ownership is your right. Don't let anyone take it from you.
That's a pretty tough story...hope you never have a need for the Sig...
Old 11-06-2008, 11:29 PM

2008 C300
Originally Posted by RLE

Because it's fun! See the smile on my face?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0x0Y7yGIGY
Old 11-06-2008, 11:36 PM

2008 C300
That's a pretty tough story...hope you never have a need for the Sig...
Believe me. I'm in no rush to draw my weapon. Thats a terrifying thought. Oh... by the way... I carry the P7 M13.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gun Storage