C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Car got hit by a cart.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 03:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 c300 4matic
Angry Car got hit by a cart.

I was at work, (which i work inside a store) and im looking at the clock. 5 min to closing and im stoked to end the day. Wifey is meeting me after work, so she calls me and tells me that my car got hit by a cart, so i thought she was f'ing with me like she does soemtims but she swore to GOD and i just felt it in her voice.

So im like how do you know? she said that some people left a note on my car witnessing the whole thing. So i come out and walk over to my car which i park very far away from most cars in the back parking lot. Its sprinkling out a bit and shes holding the note up to her window.

My hearts pounding .......
and there it is......

its on the driver side, a scratch about the length of my finger im like .
So i look around for more, and theres another scratch about a 1.5 inches near the handle. And out of all things they broke my side marker lamp which is chipped on the top.

i cant even make out how the hell that happend. I will call the witnesses tomorrow to thank them but luckly i was able to just wipe out the scratches with a cloth and now no scratch anymore

As for the side marker, agian luckly my clear ones came in today. Just had to share this with my fellow benz owners, im going to pick another spot from now on. Be careful guys they're out to get us.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:39 AM

09 c300 4matic
anyone got the hook up to trace license plates?
Old 09-24-2008, 08:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Mercedes C250 Coupe, 1998 SL 600 sport
You know I don't understand this. I had the unfortunate experience of being on the giving of this deal twice. Both time I left my phone number, apologized profusely and insurance covered both of them. No cost to me and my rates (knocking on wood) never went up. We all understand accidents happen, but why be such a looser and drive away, especially when it's of little cost to you. This really P's me off too. Sorry to hear about it and hope you get it worked out.
Regards,
Rick
Old 09-24-2008, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
thats why i park away from the crowd i dont care if i have to walk a short distance to my car but i will know it is save but one thing its all alone and that can be bad for me and anyone who parks far away bc its a good way for car thiefs to steal cars.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
When I first read the title I thought it said Car got hit by a cat. And I thought how could a cat hit his car shouldn't it be the opposite? But all levity aside, sorry to hear about this same thing happened to my SAAB years ago. I had the mirrors painted white to match the car it was only done a few days before and some fat woman pushing a cart full of groceries clipped the driver mirror and put a big scratch in it. I was sitting in the car got out and confronted her. She denied hitting the car even after showing her the paint on the cart. Basically her attitude was F you.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Sucks that this happened, but at least things worked out ok.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E350 Iridium Silver with pano
My heart would have been pounding too. Good to hear that the scratches were minor the the side marker is being replaced. It could have been worse.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:17 PM

ML
Sucks to hear about that I always double park where ever i go lol
Old 09-24-2008, 02:36 PM

09 c300 4matic
Originally Posted by Ron Jr
When I first read the title I thought it said Car got hit by a cat. And I thought how could a cat hit his car shouldn't it be the opposite? But all levity aside, sorry to hear about this same thing happened to my SAAB years ago. I had the mirrors painted white to match the car it was only done a few days before and some fat woman pushing a cart full of groceries clipped the driver mirror and put a big scratch in it. I was sitting in the car got out and confronted her. She denied hitting the car even after showing her the paint on the cart. Basically her attitude was F you.
thats pretty funny

Im not 100% sure that there is no dents or other mishaps ... so today on lunch, even though its raining im going to get a quick wash and inspect a bit.
This does really **** me off though, but i do have their license plate number and a witness. I was hoping someone here knew how to look them up. I could just have them pay for my side markers and be happy.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:49 PM

2008 Sport C-300, 2003 Accord Coupe V6
Originally Posted by Ron Jr
You should have just grab her groceries and throw it on the ground to let her taste her own medicine. J/k.

Should have threaten to call the police, saying the supermarket has cameras.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Originally Posted by Devastator187
You should have just grab her groceries and throw it on the ground to let her taste her own medicine. J/k.

Should have threaten to call the police, saying the supermarket has cameras.

This was in the early 80's I dought they had them and I know I didn't have a cel yet. I did keep any eye out for her car for the next few months so I could get some sort of revenge, knowing my luck a cop would have driven by just as I did something though. Good thing was the body shop fixed it for free.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
Some lady in a Towncar backed into my cousins Suburban a while back in a small parking lot. My cousin told her to give him her info and she said no, she said that there is no damage to his car. There was a nice big dent. My cousin tells her to wait for the police. She says no, cause she doesnt think she did anything wrong. She gets in her car to leave. My cousin got into his Suburban and backed into her rear bumper. When she asked for his info he said that nothing happened and we just left.

Not saying it was the right thing to do, but if she stepped up and took responsibility we wouldnt have a problem. People disturb me.

I hope you find the bastar* and I hope he has a car worth ramming a shopping cart into.

Once again, not the right thing to do, but it just sounds like it will make you feel better.

Good luck
Old 09-24-2008, 05:16 PM

2011 BMW X5 SAV
All types of carts are evil.

One time a Mexican delivery guy rammed my previous TL while I was sitting at the stop light. He left a nice big scratch on the fender. I confronted him and told him to give me the money, $300. He was an illegal alien so he got a little scared and asked to follow him to some dinette type store. There he spoke to his buddies and the owner, who coincidentally was also Mexican. The owner came out the back and told me and my friend that came in with me that they don't owe us anything and we should leave immediately. Of course I got visibly upset and stopped watching that I was saying. After some back and forth the guy said we need to get out of the store because the guy who hit my car left out the back. At that point I said OK and stepped outside. There I grabbed the guy's bicycle and rode it off while my boy drove my car. I went around the corner and started smashing the bike against the hydrant. I worked it real nice and even hanged it up on the fence for show. Let's hope that will screw his life a little by making him walk on his deliveries. Stupid carts....
Old 09-24-2008, 05:20 PM

09 c300 4matic
Got a car wash and im safe .....

Only a broken side marker so im releaved.

I called the witness and she said it was a couple teenage boys that backed out and hit the shopping cart and then it hit my car. She said that they were in a beater car and chuckled as they drove off. Then she reported it to the parking lot security but they said that it wasnt their problem.

Now i do park much further away, and if i ever catch those careless b@stards i will man handle them.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:33 PM

09 c300 4matic
Originally Posted by Tymah123
One time a Mexican delivery guy rammed my previous TL while I was sitting at the stop light. He left a nice big scratch on the fender. I confronted him and told him to give me the money, $300. He was an illegal alien so he got a little scared and asked to follow him to some dinette type store. There he spoke to his buddies and the owner, who coincidentally was also Mexican. The owner came out the back and told me and my friend that came in with me that they don't owe us anything and we should leave immediately. Of course I got visibly upset and stopped watching that I was saying. After some back and forth the guy said we need to get out of the store because the guy who hit my car left out the back. At that point I said OK and stepped outside. There I grabbed the guy's bicycle and rode it off while my boy drove my car. I went around the corner and started smashing the bike against the hydrant. I worked it real nice and even hanged it up on the fence for show. Let's hope that will screw his life a little by making him walk on his deliveries. Stupid carts....
wow ... i would have just threw him in my trunk and brought him over to the police to get deported. haha
Old 09-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Banned

2008 C300 Sport 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Tymah123
Wow..I'm sorry but that's messed up man. I mean sh*t, it's just a car..and I am assuming that we obviously have the means and favorable financial situation to not give a sh*t about a scratch on a fender. I don't know you personally, but damn dude anger issues much?
Old 09-24-2008, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
Originally Posted by jgarciabu
Wow..I'm sorry but that's messed up man. I mean sh*t, it's just a car..and I am assuming that we obviously have the means and favorable financial situation to not give a sh*t about a scratch on a fender. I don't know you personally, but damn dude anger issues much?
I would have done much more. Its not about the car per-say, its about the fact that the little f***er tried to get away after screwing me. If anyone tries to bend me over and stick it in my a$$ im just gonna flip em around and shove my arm up theirs.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:14 PM
Banned

2008 C300 Sport 4MATIC
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
I would have done much more. Its not about the car per-say, its about the fact that the little f***er tried to get away after screwing me. If anyone tries to bend me over and stick it in my a$$ im just gonna flip em around and shove my arm up theirs.
Part of the reason I responded the way that I did was because as car owners (doesn't matter that we drive a Mercedes) we are faced with issues like that. Now we can turn around and be eye for an eye about it and make sure that every red cent that we spend on fixing our car is wrenched out in blood (what you seem to advocate) or rise above sh*t like that and realize that it's just a car. I don't know the whole story because obviously the OP of the "illegal alien" story is going to tell it the way he wants to. Regardless, I don't believe this "illegal alien" was riding his bike with the intent to scratch some random Acura TL rolling down the street. The guy who posted the story is from NYC, and I can guarantee you the delivery guy has seen nicer cars. If we are Mercedes owners, let's try and act a bit more refined and have some respect for everyone here, regardless of their legal status. And if you're going to b*tch about fixing a scratch, well then maybe you aren't ready to own nice things. You gotta pay to play man, especially if you live in NYC. My 2 cents.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
Which is why I dont live in NYC.

And BTW my position had nothing to do with the fact that he was an illegal
Old 09-25-2008, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
thats some BS... hopes everything works out.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:51 AM

'15 C200 AMG line, '08 C300 Sport Avantgarde, '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd, '02 CLK 200 (gone)
Hey, sorry to hear about your mishap, but glad it all turned out okay. It's really unfortunate that there are such people out there, but it is a fact of life.

I've got a couple of scratches on my relatively new Jeep which could not possibly have been caused without the perpetrator noticing, but I'll never know who put 'em there. It sucks. I'm hoping to find a good shop that'll buff 'em out without breaking the bank.

Glad you didn't get hit by a cat. They're MEAN!
Old 10-07-2008, 04:53 PM

2011 BMW X5 SAV
Originally Posted by jgarciabu
Part of the reason I responded the way that I did was because as car owners (doesn't matter that we drive a Mercedes) we are faced with issues like that. Now we can turn around and be eye for an eye about it and make sure that every red cent that we spend on fixing our car is wrenched out in blood (what you seem to advocate) or rise above sh*t like that and realize that it's just a car. I don't know the whole story because obviously the OP of the "illegal alien" story is going to tell it the way he wants to. Regardless, I don't believe this "illegal alien" was riding his bike with the intent to scratch some random Acura TL rolling down the street. The guy who posted the story is from NYC, and I can guarantee you the delivery guy has seen nicer cars. If we are Mercedes owners, let's try and act a bit more refined and have some respect for everyone here, regardless of their legal status. And if you're going to b*tch about fixing a scratch, well then maybe you aren't ready to own nice things. You gotta pay to play man, especially if you live in NYC. My 2 cents.
Sorry to bring this thread back but I just saw the responses to my story. It wasn't the fact that this guy scratched it, it's the fact that he didn't want to deal with me and just decided to hide behind his store and not own up to anything. Of course he didn't do it on purpose, it was a little wet out so he couldn't brake in time. Now this guy is surely is stupid because he saw me a mile away but didn't start to brake until it was too late and the cart in front left a nice scratch. Now I do live in NYC and my cars have been scratched, keyed, hit on the street and I vowed that if I see anybody keying a car I'll pretend that person keyed my car as well and if someone hits me he better have the money for me cus I won't let them just walk away like nothing happened and it was all my fault. I know I can't claim insurance for this cus they will just raise my premium for something that wasn't really my fault. Hope you guys understand. I'm calmest person you'll ever meet but not then the guy just hid in the store and though he could get away with it.

/rant