C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

REQUESTING REFUND FOR $5 FOR COST OF NEW TAPE FROM CAR KING ROOF SPOILERS

Old 10-16-2008, 08:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
15 E350 4Matic
aowhaus,

You won't see the spoiler from inside. It cover the black portion of your back window and does not go beyond it.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C350 Artic white, MM, PII, 18 AMG, Ipod
I'm glad you received yours and everything looks OK.
Enjoy it!
Regards
Old 10-18-2008, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 4matic
Today I decided to install my spoiler, not just because I was anxious to get it on my car, but the weather was sunny and very warm.

The tape that was on the spoiler was extremely thin (1/8") and not very sticky (definitely not real 3M tape), so I took it all off. I then bought a roll of 7/8" wide 3M tape from the local AutoZone, it wasn't black but luckily the gray edges doesn't show. Because one edge of the spoiler had a very thin lip I wrapped the tape into the inner recess of the spoiler. I then heated the tape and spoiler with a hairdryer and applied it to my roof. The fit was very good and the 7/8" 3M tape felt like it was stuck on extremely strong (just like my trunk spoiler). I left my car sit under the sun for the rest of the afternoon.

So my advice for anyone buying the roof spoiler from this buyer is to request not to have the tape applied. Some 3M tape and an extra 5 minutes of work saves you a lot of money for a nice spoiler.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by aowhaus
I received my roof spoiler from the GB today and it looks very nice.

I will probably remove the tape that's already on the spoiler as it is only 1/4" wide, and replace it with black 3M tape that's 1/2" wide so that it covers entire lip and wraps around into the cavity. I also don't want the tape to show on the inside through the glass as my spoiler is black.
I will probably spray a light coat of matte black paint in the inside cavity of the spoiler as I don't want the inconsistant paint finish on the inside to show through the glass either.

In the past, when installing any trim or spoiler with 3M tape I always clean the surface with a clay bar and rubbing alcohol (not at the same time). Before sticking the part on I heat both the surface and the part with a hair dryer so that is has a nice warm surface for the tape to stick to.
Since fall weather is here, I will keep my car in my heated garage and limit any driving for the next two days.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
no need to paint inside.... it doesnt go over the visible part of the glass... go inside and see for yourself...