C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Zune setup anyone?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Exclamation Zune setup anyone?!

I was just wondering if anyone here has a zune connected to his beloved C-class?
Ordered one last week and was planing to use the Auxiliary port.
Your input would be appreciated
Old 11-22-2008, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK500 SPORT
yeah i use my zune i love it but the volume for the aux port only goes so high. But its just the right amount for me
Old 01-27-2009, 05:00 PM

2007 Avalanche LT, 2009 C300
Zune? ... People actually buy those...Just go and get an iPod, problem solved. Zune you guys must work for microsoft.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:56 PM

2008 C350
Originally Posted by jamaicakevkev
Zune? ... People actually buy those...Just go and get an iPod, problem solved. Zune you guys must work for microsoft.
Yeah many people happen to buy them, myself included. More features for the price.

But to the OP, yup I use it in the auxiliary port of my GL. Works like a charm.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500 SPORT
First off IPOD Suckssssss b@ll$. The zune is way nicer....even people with ipod have said so.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD

Originally Posted by Flame3g
First off IPOD Suckssssss b@ll$. The zune is way nicer....even people with ipod have said so.
Are you kiddin me? My friend has a Zune and he constantly wants to use my iPhone for the apps and games. As far as a regular iPod- my 160 gb in my car works though either the aux input or the iPod interface. Can You say the same?
NO!
When is the last time you heard of any audio manufacturer (car or home) supporting a frickin Zune?
NEVER!
You are a brainwashed Microsoft supporter (victim) and you need to seek professional help.
Just kidding.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500 SPORT
Ipod this Ipod that if your friend had updated his zune lately he will find games etc. the iphone is cool but retarded i don't need a music player in my phone(cool idea i have to say that). And your right Ipod has flooded the market with it whole Ipod interface. But the fact that they have so many accessories and alot of intergration in todays market doesn't make up for the fact that when i what to put my music on the thing i have to convert it to its own format. I think you guys are the ones that are brain washed because guess what just because it intergrated doesn't mean its worth a D@MN..... There are better MP3 player out there better than the Zune and Ipod Creative is one of them........Take the Iphone for EX. can't even change your own battery Now thats sad.....Have a good day one happy Zune Customer

Last edited by Flame3g; 01-27-2009 at 08:43 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 01-27-2009, 11:08 PM

2008 C350
Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak

Are you kiddin me? My friend has a Zune and he constantly wants to use my iPhone for the apps and games. As far as a regular iPod- my 160 gb in my car works though either the aux input or the iPod interface. Can You say the same?
NO!
When is the last time you heard of any audio manufacturer (car or home) supporting a frickin Zune?
NEVER!
You are a brainwashed Microsoft supporter (victim) and you need to seek professional help.
Just kidding.
That's not the Zune's fault that there isn't as much support. People have been brainwashed into thinking iPods are always the best, no matter what, therefore they keep buying them. As they keep buying them, the demand for more and more iPod support across various audio devices goes up.
The Zune 120GB is far, far superior to the iPod Classic 120GB.

Call me a Microsoft victim...too bad I have a Mac. And an iPhone 3G.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:08 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Zune vs...

Originally Posted by Flame3g
Ipod this Ipod that if your friend had updated his zune lately he will find games etc. the iphone is cool but retarded i don't need a music player in my phone(cool idea i have to say that). And your right Ipod has flooded the market with it whole Ipod interface. But the fact that they have so many accessories and alot of intergration in todays market doesn't make up for the fact that when i what to put my music on the thing i have to convert it to its own format. I think you guys are the ones that are brain washed because guess what just because it intergrated doesn't mean its worth a D@MN..... There are better MP3 player out there better than the Zune and Ipod Creative is one of them........Take the Iphone for EX. can't even change your own battery Now thats sad.....Have a good day one happy Zune Customer
Maybe you could check on the comparative sales numbers and let us all know. Just to prove your points, of course............

BTW, I don't own either one.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1963 220Sb
Microsoft's Zune hit the ground even harder in its third holiday quarter. After two years of annual sales that barely reached the million unit mark, the company reported a major new drop in device sales for the winter quarter.

Microsoft's latest 10-Q filing stated that "Zune platform revenue decreased $100 million or 54% reflecting a decrease in device sales." The music player's sharp decline in revenues helped erase 60% of the company's earnings in its Entertainment and Devices Division, which includes the Xbox gaming platform.

Apple's iPod business, once feared to be at a dead end with satiated demand, hit a new quarterly unit record with sales of 22.7 million units. That's just 3% higher than the company's sales in the year ago quarter, but demonstrates a demand for innovative products even in the midst of difficult economic times.

Apple's record iPod sales don't include the iPhone, which Apple has referred to as its "best iPod yet." With iPhone sales, Apple sold over 27 million mobile devices last quarter, and over 208 million in total since it began selling the iPod.

Key to Apple's success has been its efforts to remain differentiated with unique features while also staying familiar and easy to use with the company's iTunes software. Microsoft's Zune debuted with some unique features, but the company's software churned as MTV pulled its URGE store from Windows Media Player, forcing the company to ship an entirely new, unfamiliar, and not quite functional Zune 2.0 desktop app.

Last year, Microsoft released a new software update but no significant new hardware refresh, leaving the tarnished brand without anything new to sell just as Apple continued to redefine its iPod line with a revamped, Internet browsing iPod touch. A rumored Zune partnership with Nokia also failed to materialize.

Apple's strength in digital media sales within iTunes also helped to keep the iPod in the leadership position among music players, holding on to 71% market share. Growth in iPod touch sales was particularly fueled by its new designation as a handheld gaming platform, leveraging the support the iPhone Apps Store has received from developers.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:17 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Zune not so popular

Originally Posted by RLE
Maybe you could check on the comparative sales numbers and let us all know. Just to prove your points, of course............

BTW, I don't own either one.
As a followup. today's paper reports Zune sales down 54%, over the last quarter, I assume.

Even worse than MB sales numbers.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500 SPORT
the reason ipod sale so much is that its accessories are every where. Of course they are going to sale more, D@mn near ever car has an Ipod adaptor for it or it intergrated into the car. Just because its every where doesn't mean it quality. It isn't hard to believe that sale aren't good with micro, $h!t im smart enough to see that. It upsets me to see whats happening, people just give in to the norm because it easier---"my car comes with an ipod adaptor i guess i should buy an ipod" that how it works

have to give it to apple they have good product & marketing team A+++
Old 01-29-2009, 07:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C350
they should make an adapter that will allow you to use your zune on an ipod adapter.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500 SPORT
now thats thinking ^^^ me likes that idea you get 100,000 cool points for that
Old 02-10-2009, 06:33 PM

2007 Avalanche LT, 2009 C300
Wow what has happened here why you Zune guys punishing yourselves... Zune through aux jack lol do you guys hate the ipod enough to actually be hating on yourselves... why not just get an ipod and control it from your steering wheel searching playlist songs artist genre etc... zune may be a great player for some one 12 years old who keeps it in his backpack... but for us grown ups who would like to have 1000's of tunes in our rides there is nothing better than Ipod Integration and an Ipod. The Simple fact is that Zunes have limited if any support and almost every new car supports the ipod... I use my Zune through the Aux jack LOL what a joke get real and go and get an IPOD.

Last edited by jamaicakevkev; 02-10-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:15 AM

lexus gx470
Apple=for sheep
Old 07-21-2011, 08:27 AM

none
Ahh the zune vs ipod argument. No one's ever had this debate before.

To each his own, Personally, I prefer zune. Logical argument why?

Zune does music much better but not much else, Itouch does apps better. ME, I care more about my music than I do about playing angry birds.

Main reason for zune for me anyways is subscription service. What would 15$ on Itunes get me? Probably about 15 tracks?

15$ a month subscription on zune marketplace gets me 9 tracks to own and unlimited access to their entire selection on 3 comps and 3 mobile devices. To me 15$ a month for unlimited music for me and my GF is a no brainer. That's just me.

Not to mention, the extra tools for discovering new music. For any of my music, zune also shows me related/similar sounding artists, bands they were inspired by, and what other users who like the same band are listening to. Suggestions are pretty useful when you don't have to pay to check them out.

Also, that whole "sales figures" argument is pointless. Ipods success doesn't make it a better product, just mean they had better marketing.

EX: Notice the same people that argue ipod must be better than zune because it has way higher sales DENY that exact same logic when someone tries to claim that msoft windows PC must be better than Mac since windows has better sales.

Sales figures don't = better product.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Carrara White Metallic Porsche Cayman
The UI of the Zune built into my WindowsPhone7 smartphone (as well as the zune mobile marketplace) sucks compared to the ipod and iTunes. I love my WP7 aside from the zune player. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:54 PM

2011 E350 Coupe
I'm not an iPod, iPhone, iPad, iMac or i-Anything (please don't flame me), but because I'm able to connect my simple little Sansa MP3 player to my 2011 E350 Couple and see my playlists, tracks, etc., I don't understand why I can't see my Zune content.

Connecting through the Aux/headphone jack works OK but I don't have any steering wheel or screen control.