C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

sprint booster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c-350
sprint booster

Found this in the B.M.W mania page. Has anybody had any experience with the sprint booster power converter.Claims to improve the fly by wire accelerator response.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 C230 and 1985 Monte SS
I'll save you some time and money here...

It's total BS. Its an operational amplifier that amplifies the output signal from the throttle pedal. Basically, all it does is increase the sensitivity of the throttle pedal by some constant, like 30% or so. So it makes the car feel faster b/c you are used to pressing the pedal and getting a certain response, but now it's just like you are pushing it further. It doesn't decrease the "lag" time between your input and the engine's response.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ic-review.html
Old 01-29-2009, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
W205 C400
Originally Posted by SickSpeedMonte
I'll save you some time and money here...

It's total BS. Its an operational amplifier that amplifies the output signal from the throttle pedal. Basically, all it does is increase the sensitivity of the throttle pedal by some constant, like 30% or so. So it makes the car feel faster b/c you are used to pressing the pedal and getting a certain response, but now it's just like you are pushing it further. It doesn't decrease the "lag" time between your input and the engine's response.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ic-review.html
I have a sprintbooster fitted on my 5-speed auto transmission and i must say it's SUPER!!

There are many threads about a Sprintbooster but by my car it was a good solution to get rid off the lag i had. The gas-pedal is much more responsive/sensitive than without the SB. And the lag wasnt gone without the SB and a full throttle reset!!

So here is a satisfied customer off a SB, it dont give HP ,it dont give Torque but the gas pedal reacts much much better!!

read this:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ster-w204.html
Old 01-29-2009, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
+1
I was skeptical at first but I figured I'd try it for $300. I was very impressed. My friend drove my car before and after and then ordered one for his 08 ML350. He is very happy too.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
I had the sprint booster on my E55 because the throttle lag was really bad. It worked great. I really didn't see any reason to take it off and install it on my C because, let's face it, acceleration is not really critical for the C, at least not as critical as for the AMG.