C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Does ANYONE like the W204 better than the W203?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Uh-oh....I'm sensing a loss of momentum here.....hmmmmm.....what to do......nothing good on tv.......I got it!

The 204 is a better car than the 203 because it's 1 more and more is always better!

Discuss!!! Comments must include at least one of the following, "crap", "***", or "stupid"!

Old 09-09-2010, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Originally Posted by FrankW
I have not see any question involved in your post that wasn't a rhetorical question which all you were trying to do is to show i was picking on you.

where and what is your question again?

who said I don't want to be called out? it just shows how little you know about the brand and it's reliability history and had to call me out for correcting what you said.

now you are changing your words to you have commented on the 203 is not crap??? make up your mind. If you did, then what is your point for arguing when I pointed out your "203 is CRAP and embarrassment reason for tarnishing MB's brand image" is false and speaking out of your *** on a subject you know little about? changing your words to "203 just wasn't up to MB standard" doesn't even make any sense. If that was the case then the W211 and the W163 as well as the W220 must've been pulled out of the garbage bin then? because they had more issues than the 203 by ratio.

stupid comments? as in voicing my opinion on how I don't really like the star grille on the sedan in a joking manner? if you can't stand that statement then there's obviously something wrong with your tolerant level OR understanding of joke.

LOL just the fact that you are actually trying to explain that you never get ticked off and amused shows how you really feel.

btw, it's pretty clear how you wanted to change the subject in every post you make.

edit: just answer me this, did you or did you not made the statement saying "203 is crap and an embarrassment for MB and the reason for tarnishing it's brand image" ?? like i've said and i'll say it again, that was an idiotic statement and an obvious statement from someone who knows nothing about the 203 or why MB's brand image took a dive late 90's and early '00.

let me just end this with....we get it!!! you like your W204 better!! and I like both of them the same....
O ye who casts the first stone...all your accusations of my ignorance, fanboy status and intolerance are just defensive rhetoric. Funny how you call me ignorant and intolerant when this started due to you showing those qualities. Maybe you should have shown some tolerance, explained your position or even asked me to describe how I thought things like tumblehome, fender blisters, etc made a difference in Asian vs. European design or why I felt the W203 reliability was so poor. No, you immediately went into derogatory comments and then started accusing me of ignorance and intolerance…even after I explained my position…how is that trying to change the subject?
Do you really have to ask what I said or asked...why don't you just go back and read it? I still say my comment on the W203 was justified, but yes, a bit harsher than reality...and that makes it idiotic and talking out of my ***? Just read a sampling of the initial W204 reviews and they almost universally go back to knock on the W203's quality and reliability and how it had hurt MB’s reputation. Just because you can name a less reliable car doesn’t change that.
Too bad you don't like reality and had to attack me for bringing it up.

Originally Posted by Sportstick
Uh-oh....I'm sensing a loss of momentum here.....hmmmmm.....what to do......nothing good on tv.......I got it!

The 204 is a better car than the 203 because it's 1 more and more is always better!

Discuss!!! Comments must include at least one of the following, "crap", "***", or "stupid"!

Ok, ok...so I had one "***" in there...couldn't get around it...
Old 09-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 178 Likes on 145 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires

To spice things up & regain momentum I think:

Cretan, moron, mental paraplegic, goof, jerk, nerd, schmo, schmuck, turkey, idiot, imbecile, jackass, mooncalf, nincompoop, nitwit, f---kwit, blockhead, boob, dimwit, dingbat, dolt, dope, dork, dumbbell, dummy, dunce, fool, halfwit, ignoramus, imbecile, lamebrain, loony, loser, retard, bonehead, buffoon, dumb ox, dunce, dunderhead, fathead, twerp, twit, lightweight, loon, birdbrain, sucker, dick, ***** and other derogatory terms should be encouraged.

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 09-09-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:14 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by C300Sport
O ye who casts the first stone...all your accusations of my ignorance, fanboy status and intolerance are just defensive rhetoric. Funny how you call me ignorant and intolerant when this started due to you showing those qualities. Maybe you should have shown some tolerance, explained your position or even asked me to describe how I thought things like tumblehome, fender blisters, etc made a difference in Asian vs. European design or why I felt the W203 reliability was so poor. No, you immediately went into derogatory comments and then started accusing me of ignorance and intolerance…even after I explained my position…how is that trying to change the subject?
Do you really have to ask what I said or asked...why don't you just go back and read it? I still say my comment on the W203 was justified, but yes, a bit harsher than reality...and that makes it idiotic and talking out of my ***? Just read a sampling of the initial W204 reviews and they almost universally go back to knock on the W203's quality and reliability and how it had hurt MB’s reputation. Just because you can name a less reliable car doesn’t change that.
Too bad you don't like reality and had to attack me for bringing it up.
wow, you are really still living up in your lala-land aren't ya?

explain my position how? read my previous posts in this thread yourself...they are pages back. unlike you, I know the ups&downs of both cars. yet you still want to make the comment on how the 203 "hurt" MB's reputation and there you go again....still at it... I can show you articles written by various sources on the W203 compare to the W202 as well. do you want to see that? and they weren't too kind to the W202 either. Please explains to me HOW EXACTLY did the W203 "hurt" MB's reputation when like I've said and you still choose to ignore the facts that it wasn't even listed as the top three major model where the reliability issue was a cause for concern late '90 early '00. please tell me how exactly you know that the W203 "hurt" MB's reputation other than what you read and absorb from the magazines in the US of A. was it your experience with the W203? please do tell. Perhaps you are one of those that actually believe it was Chrysler that caused these problems?

me showing ignorant/intolerance is how this started? HOW? please explain? by pointing out your "statement" was false/un-true makes me ignorant/intolerant? Did I ever bash on your "opinion"? I don't think so. I bashed on a false "statement" you made. I corrected you by pointing out that 163 and 211 had more to do with that and all the sudden I'm ignorant & intolerant??? Not to mention K-A also pointed out he hasn't heard much complaints about the 203 when he was doing his research into MB.

maybe K-A is ignorant & intolerant too. did you even read his post? nothing to rebuttal to his comments on the design changes of the 204 and how many little changes MB already had to make?

like i've said, no one here is making any slightest hint on saying W203 is actually a better built car than the W204. well, except maybe the paint quality which there are orange peels on the 204.

why do I want to ask you about how you feel about the tumblesome and fender blisters and how they made a different in Asian vs European design? you already were preaching about it. I merely need to know the meaning of the terms which you had to come back with some smart-*** response. you like the design of the hood and the grille. I don't. these are opinions. I'm not going to force you to like my opinions. however your comment on the 203 & MB reputation didn't come off as much of a opinion.

LOL, I did not make any personal attacks on you until you started calling me "classless" and "ignorant" in your post before you pretended you did nothing wrong and try to end it when tijn pointed out you were out of line.

Last edited by FrankW; 09-09-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
wow, you are really still living up in your lala-land aren't ya?

explain my position how? read my previous posts in this thread yourself...they are pages back. unlike you, I know the ups&downs of both cars. yet you still want to make the comment on how the 203 "hurt" MB's reputation and there you go again....still at it... I can show you articles written by various sources on the W203 compare to the W202 as well. do you want to see that? and they weren't too kind to the W202 either. Please explains to me HOW EXACTLY did the W203 "hurt" MB's reputation when like I've said and you still choose to ignore the facts that it wasn't even listed as the top three major model where the reliability issue was a cause for concern late '90 early '00. please tell me how exactly you know that the W203 "hurt" MB's reputation other than what you read and absorb from the magazines in the US of A. was it your experience with the W203? please do tell. Perhaps you are one of those that actually believe it was Chrysler that caused these problems?

me showing ignorant/intolerance is how this started? HOW? please explain? by pointing out your "statement" was false/un-true makes me ignorant/intolerant? Did I ever bash on your "opinion"? I don't think so. I bashed on a false "statement" you made. I corrected you by pointing out that 163 and 211 had more to do with that and all the sudden I'm ignorant & intolerant??? Not to mention K-A also pointed out he hasn't heard much complaints about the 203 when he was doing his research into MB.

maybe K-A is ignorant & intolerant too. did you even read his post? nothing to rebuttal to his comments on the design changes of the 204 and how many little changes MB already had to make?

like i've said, no one here is making any slightest hint on saying W203 is actually a better built car than the W204.

why do I want to ask you about how you feel about the tumblesome and fender blisters and how they made a different in Asian vs European design? you already were preaching about it. I merely need to know the meaning of the terms which you had to come back with some smart-*** response. you like the design of the hood and the grille. I don't. these are opinions. I'm not going to force you to like my opinions. however your comment on the 203 & MB reputation didn't come off as much of a opinion.
I think everyone reading this knows the W203 was not the worst MB model...and certainly not the best. We have gone back and forth on this long enough. I feel pretty confident that most members reading this thread can see where I made a point of fact that you don't like and you have taken it upon yourself to try to bully me into submission with your endless babbling about which cars were worse than the W203 and how any comment to the contrary is not factual and even idiotic. This is the case even while my comments are supported by the international automotive community…yes Frank I do read things from all over the world, especially from some of the countries I have lived in other than the US.
I brought up some of the other points I had made in that first post to show how you didn’t care to discuss anything else and like a dog with bone, just latched on to one simple FACT I brought up and tried incessantly to discredit it. It looks like you have been proven wrong and I am done with this!
Peace Bro.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:00 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
I think everyone reading this knows the W203 was not the worst MB model...and certainly not the best. We have gone back and forth on this long enough. I feel pretty confident that most members reading this thread can see where I made a point of fact that you don't like and you have taken it upon yourself to try to bully me into submission with your endless babbling about which cars were worse than the W203 and how any comment to the contrary is not factual and even idiotic. This is the case even while my comments are supported by the international automotive community…yes Frank I do read things from all over the world, especially from some of the countries I have lived in other than the US.
I brought up some of the other points I had made in that first post to show how you didn’t care to discuss anything else and like a dog with bone, just latched on to one simple FACT I brought up and tried incessantly to discredit it. It looks like you have been proven wrong and I am done with this!
Peace Bro.
ooook.... I've been proven wrong that the W203 was "in fact" an embarrassment to MB.

FACT: W203 is the cause for tarnishing of the Mercedes-Benz
FACT: W203 owners are in denial even after the fact that they acknowledge that overall W204 is a better built car.
FACT: W211 and W163 has more issues than the W203, but they are not as important as the impact that the W203 has caused for Mercedes-Benz suffering quality issue.
FACT: change how you phrase your original statement in order to make the other guy look bad
FACT: people don't know what they are talking about when they think the w204 looks similar to other cars sold on the market.
FACT: W204 owner cannot like W203.
FACT: when commenting on a false statement it is = to attacking someone. watch out!!
FACT: the M272, 722.9, and it's suspension element carried over from the W203 sucks! everything is better when put into the W204.
FACT: ADAC rating for 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-class 2.7 and 2003 C-class 2.4 is worst than the 2008 C-class W204's 2.7 rating.

gotcha... everyone repeat after me

I love how it seems to be the same guys that continue to chime in about how the W203 is such a classic and in many ways superior Benz compared to the W204. The fact that the W203 was basically crap and an embarrassment to MB never really seems to come up. The athletic look of the W204 has apparently brought in a lot of new buyers that could never get past the "unsubstantial" look and feel of its predecessor.
As far as styling, MB was the first auto maker to use the "slash" taillight design and has been copied by many of the Asian brands. Just because others have copied this look and the fact that you personally don't like it certainly doesn't mean it is not well styled...to each his own I suppose.
And for those stating that you could take the badge off and not tell it isn't a Hyundai, Honda, etc, it seems you are simply just telling everyone you don't know what you are talking about anyhow. Take a look at the grill (with or without the Star) the fender blisters, the clamshell hood, the tumblehome, etc.
he who speaks for every one that bought the W204.

Last edited by FrankW; 09-09-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
f---kwit
F---kwit?

Filled in the letters, but never heard that one before! I'm concerned a NY/NJ accent will change it to "FUH-quit", losing the impact. But, it has potential to be another great import opportunity from SA

Last edited by Sportstick; 09-09-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ooook.... I've been proven wrong that the W203 was "in fact" an embarrassment to MB.

FACT: W203 owners are in denial even after the fact that they acknowledge that overall W204 is a better built car.
FACT: W211 and W163 has more issues than the W203, but they are not as important as the impact that the W203 has caused for Mercedes-Benz suffering quality issue.
FACT: change how you phrase your original statement in order to make the other guy look bad
FACT: people don't know what they are talking about when they think the w204 looks similar to other cars sold on the market.
FACT: when commenting on a false statement it is = to attacking someone. watch out!!
FACT: the M272, 722.9, and it's suspension element carried over from the W203 sucks! everything is better when put into the W204.

gotcha... everyone repeat after me

he who speaks for every one that bought the W204.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:39 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
C300sport,

just FYI, your beloved 2008 W204 has the same 2.7 rating from ADAC as the 2002 W203's 2.7 in the same reliability test. 2003 W203's rating went up to 2.4 as a class leader.

yup, too bad the W203's quality and reliability hurt MB's brand image.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300sport,

just FYI, your beloved 2008 W204 has the same 2.7 rating from ADAC as the 2002 W203's 2.7 in the same reliability test. 2003 W203's rating went up to 2.4 as a class leader.

yup, too bad the W203's quality and reliability hurt MB's brand image.
Thanks for the update.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
definitely going to need the large box for this thread.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
2007 C230SS; 2014 ML350 BT
Originally Posted by e1000
Welcome to the party E!

Still the best post goes to Glyn:

Cretan, moron, mental paraplegic, goof, jerk, nerd, schmo, schmuck, turkey, idiot, imbecile, jackass, mooncalf, nincompoop, nitwit, f---kwit, blockhead, boob, dimwit, dingbat, dolt, dope, dork, dumbbell, dummy, dunce, fool, halfwit, ignoramus, imbecile, lamebrain, loony, loser, retard, bonehead, buffoon, dumb ox, dunce, dunderhead, fathead, twerp, twit, lightweight, loon, birdbrain, sucker, dick, ***** and other derogatory terms should be encouraged.

Tried to add it to my signature, but it is too long
Old 09-09-2010, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by e1000
Probably not...I am pretty well done, with this particular part of the thread anyhow.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White w203 C200K Elegance

I think your idea is stupid, who would come up with such a crap *** idea!
Old 09-09-2010, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by tijn
I think your idea is stupid, who would come up with such a crap *** idea!
We have a winner! Through the sheer power of your intellect, you have proven your point!!

Now, take on Glyn's challenge!!

Last edited by Sportstick; 09-09-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:36 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Thanks for the update.
so much for the statement of w203 is basically crap and an embarrassment huh? when per 1000 random units tested by ADAC the w204 post the same number of faults as the car it replaced.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

so much for the statement of w203 is basically crap and an embarrassment huh? when per 1000 random units tested by ADAC the w204 post the same number of faults as the car it replaced.
My, my you are a stubborn little fella, aren't ya...
Old 09-09-2010, 07:55 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
My, my you are a stubborn little fella, aren't ya...
what? no more of your explanation on why they have the same number of faults in a random poll done by ADAC? or do you not know what ADAC is? you should google it
Old 09-09-2010, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

what? no more of your explanation on why they have the same number of faults in a random poll done by ADAC? or do you not know what ADAC is? you should google it
I'm happy for you Frank...good job digging that information up!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

We have a winner! Through the sheer power of your intellect, you have proven your point!!

Now, take on Glyn's challenge!!
tijn - PLEASE forgive me

Sportstick - All he has to say is:

"I'm Australian mate"
Old 09-09-2010, 11:26 PM

tijn - PLEASE forgive me

Sportstick - All he has to say is:

"I'm Australian mate"
It's OK Mate, I am Aussie after all. Anyone up for some shrimps on the BBQ?
Old 09-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

It's OK Mate, I am Aussie after all. Anyone up for some shrimps on the BBQ?
Yeah! good plan with a few schooners of Tooheys, VB or XXXX
Old 09-10-2010, 12:38 AM

Yeah! good plan with a few schooners of Tooheys, VB or XXXX
VB all the way, its like drinking your own ****.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

VB all the way, its like drinking your own ****.
Well, the BBQ & Brew was sounding pretty good until that last part.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:23 PM

Scening lost of momentum, i'll kick start it.

FACT: ADAC rating for 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-class 2.7 and 2003 C-class 2.4 is worst than the 2008 C-class W204's 2.7 rating.
FACT: FRANK SPEAKS THE TRUTH..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Does ANYONE like the W204 better than the W203?