C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

I WANT MY CAR BACK!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Carrara White Metallic Porsche Cayman
I WANT MY CAR BACK!

So as some of you know...when I took delivery of my car there were some minor deformities in the bumper and the dealer gave me a "we owe" stating that they'd replace the bumper at my convenience. Well I finally dropped it off Monday, March 30th to be repaired and was told it would take about 5 days. Then they tell me that instead of replacing my bumper they're gonna patch and repaint my current one...I was a little upset since the car is brand new and I was forced to accept a patch job, but I smiled and walked out. A week and a half rolls by and I hear nothing. Finally get a brief voicemail last wednesday saying "your car is headed to the paint shop..should be ready fri." A week and a half and it's just NOW heading to the paint shop...wtf? Being the patient person I am, I let it go and didn't call back. Well, it's now monday, two full weeks later, and I still hadn't heard anything. I just called the dealer and they kept me on hold for 15 minutes while they tracked down the status of my car. Finally they tell me "oh, we finished the repair last week but when we were reattaching the bumper to the car we were a little too aggressive and cracked it. Then he tells me they're going to patch up the NEW crack that they created and repaint the bumper AGAIN...and it wont be ready for another week. WTF!? Were they not going to call me?

There are two possible explanations. Either they're telling me the truth, and they have possibly the worst service dept of any benz dealer in the nation...OR they're covering up something else and making up stories about cracking a bumper.

We've had a couple of pretty substantial (orange sized) hail storms while the dealer has had my car..so I'm worried it was severely damaged and they're not telling me the truth.

While all this is going on i've had to pay $60 in temporary parking passes at school...It's $20 a week. I wasn't going to say anything but now at week 3 I'm getting sick of it.

To top it all off, someone hit me in the school parking lot a while back and left a small scrape. The dealer told me they had to charge me an extra $200 to fill it. Really?..even though they had to patch and repaint the bumper TWICE already do to their own carelessness, they're gonna charge me EXTRA for a small scrape? I was absolutely fine with paying it two weeks ago, but now that they've patched and repainted my brand new bumper so much I don't feel like I should have to pay them a cent. That extra scrape was no extra work for them.

I'm beyond pissed. I searched online for 20 mins and couldn't find a contact number for the service manager for this dealer so I sent my salesman a long email instead. Not sure if that will accomplish anything.

My dad wanted to call and complain, but I decided to try and deal with it myself first. I hope they aren't blowing me off because of my age.

Anyone have any thoughts on the situation?

Last edited by C300Kid; 04-13-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99 W210 E55
foo u need to start parking your whip a lil further from everyone else seems like foos dont know how to drive in your school..
Old 04-13-2009, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ulovemybenzo
foo u need to start parking your whip a lil further from everyone else seems like foos dont know how to drive in your school..
i've only been hit once. prob just a one-time deal
Old 04-13-2009, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
They cracked it?, BS!

These bumpers are made in a material so that it is possible to jump on it without it cracking.
Its very soft and flexible, they must have used an angle grinder to make a crack in your bumper,
If you ask me it sounds like they are stalling for some other reason.
Id go and check the car out in person.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C300 4Matic
you didn't get it last friday...

wow... that is very very very very upsetting...

i think the're lying because of some problem that you prob will never know about... i agree you need to go and see it yourself... service people are bitc hes can't trust none a them.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:36 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Face to face

Stop using voicemail and email, first of all. Go to the shop and find the car. Inspect it yourself and see what is really going on. Get a firm commitment and drop a hint about getting your money back.

Do not be stalled by the old BS line "you can't go in there because of insurance rules."

You should not have taken delivery with unrepaired damage in the first place but it's too late for that now.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:38 PM

W204
i think the service dept from your dealership and the lying, scheming, cheating aholes from my dealership sales dept should get together and go bowling.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Originally Posted by RLE
Stop using voicemail and email, first of all. Go to the shop and find the car. Inspect it yourself and see what is really going on. Get a firm commitment and drop a hint about getting your money back.

Do not be stalled by the old BS line "you can't go in there because of insurance rules."

You should not have taken delivery with unrepaired damage in the first place but it's too late for that now.
+1

Face to face is the only way to get results. You're giving them an easy way out if you leave voicemails and sent emails. They have too much time to think before they respond which too often leads to lies and half truths.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RLE

I didn't notice the damage when I took delivery. It was at night. Also, the dealer is over an hour away and I don't have time to drive there and possibly get in to see my car. It would make little difference at this point.

When I get re car back I'll take it to a shop and have them see if it's been repainted due to hail damage.

Last edited by C300Kid; 04-13-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by Krytech
+1

Face to face is the only way to get results. You're giving them an easy way out if you leave voicemails and sent emails. They have too much time to think before they respond which too often leads to lies and half truths.
You might have to get angry, too. There is a time for it. Nothing the dealership hates is an irate customer walking into their showroom lobby from the service department looking for the dealership manager.

Just use your judgement on when to do it though. If you feel like you are getting lied to or getting the run around...go for it.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:30 PM

2009 C300, 2009 B200
You really should spend the 1 hour going to the shop and see what's going on with the car. Take a camera with u and snap some photos in case if your car really got damaged from the storm. Maybe bring a friend with you too.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:31 PM

09 C350
Originally Posted by RLE

As previously stated, taking delivery with the un-repaired damage is a big no-no; regardless, I would highly advise that you go see the car yourself. It's unfortunate that sometimes you just have to be a d!ck to get things done. I hope all is well with your car, it's definitely unsettling to be in the situation that you're in.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
My dad wanted to call and complain,
Is good to patient but is time get angry very angry.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:24 PM

'09 C300 4M
Take the time to go out there and you're not leaving until:

1. You've seen the car and given it the once over.
2. You get them to agree to take the $200 hit.

As some have mentioned, time to get angry.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Shout - Wave your arms - Make sure there are lots of customers around - demand a new bumper - Lodge a complaint in writing with MBUSA preferably written by your lawyer.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
I would have never accepted the patch-job on the original bumper to begin with. Even at this point, you should make them do it right and replace the bumper skin. I agree with those who have indicated it is time to act out a bit while at the dealership.

And what is this garbage? oh, we finished the repair last week but when we were reattaching the bumper to the car we were a little too aggressive and cracked it. Unacceptable.

Last edited by Derspeed; 04-14-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:56 PM

Audi A4 1.9 TDI 2002, MB C200 CDI 2004, MB C220 CDI 2009
This is like "boiling point" of MTV.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thanks for all the responses everyone. the dealer assured me the car will be done by the end of this week. they said they wont agree to anything until the work is done, but they'll more than likely be able to compensate me.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by C300Kid
thanks for all the responses everyone. the dealer assured me the car will be done by the end of this week. they said they wont agree to anything until the work is done, but they'll more than likely be able to compensate me.
What are they going to offer...a free car wash (that will do more damage to your car than if you were throwing rocks at it)? Were they specific on how they were going to compensate you? Money in your pocket?

Was the assurance from the service manager or dealership manager? I apologize for asking so many questions, but I have been "assured" by dealerships before and have never really walked away satisfied unless they met my demands that were on my terms.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMGfan
What are they going to offer...a free car wash (that will do more damage to your car than if you were throwing rocks at it)? Were they specific on how they were going to compensate you? Money in your pocket?

Was the assurance from the service manager or dealership manager? I apologize for asking so many questions, but I have been "assured" by dealerships before and have never really walked away satisfied unless they met my demands that were on my terms.
I dunno what they're going to offer, but if they attempt to charge me a cent after this disaster I'm prolly gonna blow up at them.

btw today is now Thurs and I still don't have my car back.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Sport C-300, 2003 Accord Coupe V6
Did they call you today, yet?
Old 04-17-2009, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

They did. He said the bumper cracked again so they ordered a new bumper and they're starting from scratch. He also said I won't be charged for anything. I'm happy im getting a new bumper.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:29 PM

2002 C230 Sports Coupe
My bro had a similar problem with his RX-8. He got in a accident and had to get it worked on. The first body shop took 5 months to fix it. We got the mechanic fired and they suspended the body shop from doing any other jobs provided by the insurance company. Then the second body shop did a great job but also took a while they also got suspended until they finished. My bro got his deductable, free rental, and gas money for the 6 months he didn't have the car back. What sucked was he got in an accident the day he made his first payment! Crazy!
Old 04-19-2009, 12:30 AM

2011 E550 4Matic
so thats what, 3 bumpers?
Old 04-19-2009, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
so thats what, 3 bumpers?
no. they just kept patching and repainting the original bumper. this new bumper is bumper #2.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I WANT MY CAR BACK!