C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 4MATIC Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport 4MATIC
2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 4MATIC Sport

Hey Guys,

I went to the dealership today to set up an appointment for my car. Here are some issues maybe you guys could look for if there are issues.

Issues:

1. Squeaking/Grinding Nose from Rear Axle Area When Driving Without Brake Application (WILL BE FIXED UNDER WARRANTY)

2. As of Model Year 2008 Equipped with COMMAND Head Unit Blue Tooth Hands-free Telephone conversation Choppy, Echo/Distortion detected - update Command head unit software to version 46/07 - (WILL BE FIXED UNDER WARRANTY)

3. Incompatible Connection Cable will not charge due to generation version of the ipod. Will be getting new ipod attachment cable with black cap instead of white (WILL BE FIXED UNDER WARRANTY)

4. Ipod sounds low than CDS/RADIO - will install ipod AMP (WILL BE FIXED UNDER WARRANTY)

5. Acceleration Lag Issues - may needs software update/reflash, reprogram gearbox, flash transmission, engine update may be needed (WILL BE FIXED UNDER WARRANTY)

Are there anything else I should look for while I give them my car end of this week? I already got the wipers fixed (squeeks)... they just put new blades and adjusted the wipers.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:17 PM

C300 sport 4matic
a car wash
Old 04-14-2009, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
S350 BT 4MATIC
Originally Posted by eclipsin420
Hey Guys,

I went to the dealership today to set up an appointment for my car. Here are some issues maybe you guys could look for if there are issues.

Issues:

1. Squeaking/Grinding Nose from Rear Axle Area When Driving Without Brake Application (WILL BE FIXED UNDER WARRANTY)

2. As of Model Year 2008 Equipped with COMMAND Head Unit Blue Tooth Hands-free Telephone conversation Choppy, Echo/Distortion detected - update Command head unit software to version 46/07 - (WILL BE FIXED UNDER WARRANTY)

3. Incompatible Connection Cable will not charge due to generation version of the ipod. Will be getting new ipod attachment cable with black cap instead of white (WILL BE FIXED UNDER WARRANTY)

4. Ipod sounds low than CDS/RADIO - will install ipod AMP (WILL BE FIXED UNDER WARRANTY)

5. Acceleration Lag Issues - may needs software update/reflash, reprogram gearbox, flash transmission, engine update may be needed (WILL BE FIXED UNDER WARRANTY)

Are there anything else I should look for while I give them my car end of this week? I already got the wipers fixed (squeeks)... they just put new blades and adjusted the wipers.
Engine update? Do you mean the software or ?

also make sure that you can still access the Comand Engineering menu (press Hang-up, 1, #), after that Comand Update.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Nuru
Engine update? Do you mean the software or ?

also make sure that you can still access the Comand Engineering menu (press Hang-up, 1, #), after that Comand Update.

its a updated software... i was told it could be for the engine or the transmission.

what does it do after i access the command engineering menu? i was told it would update it and fixes the bluetooth sound and it will add audio fade option in NAV mode, new icons and different looks when memory card is played
Old 04-14-2009, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S350 BT 4MATIC
its a updated software... i was told it could be for the engine or the transmission.

what does it do after i access the command engineering menu? i was told it would update it and fixes the bluetooth sound and it will add audio fade option in NAV mode, new icons and different looks when memory card is played
With access to the engineering menu, you can add features, change the Comand configuration. Pretty handy for troubleshooting before going to the dealer!
Old 04-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Almost a Member!

Dropped off my car this morning at 10AM...

Received a call around 5 saying they need to keep it till monday... couldn't update the command software correctly (as of now, no video/audio).

but they fixed the metal clips, replaced updated rear brake pads, installed ipod amp, and balance my tires.

i hope they fix my command correctly. I'm using their loaner, 2008 C300 Luxury with Navigation

They haven't checked the lag issue yet!
Old 05-01-2009, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S350 BT 4MATIC
Dropped off my car this morning at 10AM...

Received a call around 5 saying they need to keep it till monday... couldn't update the command software correctly (as of now, no video/audio).

but they fixed the metal clips, replaced updated rear brake pads, installed ipod amp, and balance my tires.

i hope they fix my command correctly. I'm using their loaner, 2008 C300 Luxury with Navigation

They haven't checked the lag issue yet!
So what happened?
Old 05-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Almost a Member!

So what happened?
Everything all set... they updated my command system but I still can't see ipod tracks off the navi screen! I see there is an option where the music is low whenever the navi gives direction...

updated rear brake pads are awesome!

the lag issue... they said everything updated so they couldn't do anything about it but to me, it seems like they improved it... because it picks up more now.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Almost a Member!

So what happened?
oh and the ipod amp... they said its for the kit only?

they were saying my car already came with the ipod wire n what not.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S350 BT 4MATIC
I have the auxiliary drop for the Ipod in my glovebox, i guess i better go and see if it actually works. i also cannot tell if the car is actually picking up slow, I run in C mode all the time. What exactly as far as slow were you experiencing?
Old 05-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Almost a Member!

I have the auxiliary drop for the Ipod in my glovebox, i guess i better go and see if it actually works. i also cannot tell if the car is actually picking up slow, I run in C mode all the time. What exactly as far as slow were you experiencing?

it wasn't picking up as quick... i put in S mode and its better.