C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Any problems with ur C?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura MDX
Any problems with ur C?

I am in between a C350 and a A4 2.0T. I have been reading in the Audi forums and there have been people complaining about vibration and shuddering. I know there are problems with every car. Other than the infamous door pin issue, what are some other gripes about your C??? Such as squeeks, fitment, or any electrical issues.Thanks for all the responses. One of these days I will decide what to get!!!

Last edited by pg2373; 07-08-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:02 PM

2009 C300 Sport 4Matic, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
So far, the only problem I've had with my C300 is that the antenna was faulty, but they replaced it free and quickly. Other than that, no issues. You are between the 350 and the 2.0T? I thought the 350 was more comparable to a 3.2, while the 2.0T is comparable to the 300. Just thinking outloud. Goodluck with the purchase
Old 07-08-2009, 03:17 PM

C350
THIS CAR HAS ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS!!!!! MERCEDES REALLY REALLY OUTDID THEMSELVES ON THIS CAR! very low maintenance but it will probably be expensive later on. Oil change required every 13,000 miles instead of 5, brake pads lasting you around 50,000 miles or so....
Old 07-08-2009, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
After 10 months with a C300 and 7 months with an A4 2.0 Quattro, I would have to say go with the C Class. The Audi has been in for several little issues and just does not seem to be anywhere near as solid a vehicle. It is a bit bigger and does give a touch better fuel economy but I just keep noticing little things about it that just don't seem well thought out and/or executed.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:27 PM

2008 C-350 Palladium Silver and MM.
I have an 08 C350 and I have not had a single problem with the exeption of a cracked windshield courtesy of a friendly truck without mudflaps.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:04 PM

2012 US Edition C300 Luxury 4-Matic
Only problem so far has been the Sirius Sat Module, this is the 3rd replacement put into it so far from the dealership, it appears the thrid time is the charm?

Last edited by nukefixer; 07-08-2009 at 05:05 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 07-08-2009, 05:20 PM

Acura MDX
Originally Posted by killacam7479
So far, the only problem I've had with my C300 is that the antenna was faulty, but they replaced it free and quickly. Other than that, no issues. You are between the 350 and the 2.0T? I thought the 350 was more comparable to a 3.2, while the 2.0T is comparable to the 300. Just thinking outloud. Goodluck with the purchase
I just like the 2.0 better b/c of more aftermarket parts currently for it aswell as better mpg's. Eventhough I currently have only 5 replies so far, it seems that the C is built better than the A4. When I did a similar questionnaire in the A4 forums, I had a bunch of negative responses!!!
Old 07-08-2009, 05:48 PM

09 C300S 4M
No problems with the C after almost 1 year. Just had my front headlight replaced because of a daytime running light electrical fault. In and out in 2 hours free of charge. The car is extremely solid and feels great on the road.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Originally Posted by pg2373
I just like the 2.0 better b/c of more aftermarket parts currently for it aswell as better mpg's. Eventhough I currently have only 5 replies so far, it seems that the C is built better than the A4. When I did a similar questionnaire in the A4 forums, I had a bunch of negative responses!!!
You really need to drive both and see for yourself. The A4 is my girlfriends car and she bought it basically for the look...she now refers to my car as the "nice" car.......and the one where the trunk still opens...and the shocks don't squeak...and the engine doesn't stumble...and the remote always works...etc, etc.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:32 PM

2008 C300 Sport
Actually I like the C-Class look more than the A4..its got much more of a 'mean' look. But that's just me
Old 07-08-2009, 08:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204 C280
No major problems at all. I get some annoying rattles and creaks here and there in the interior but at mechanically not a single problem. One very satisfied customer here. :-) I just need to isolate those darn rattles and creaks! So far I've gotten 50% of them with foam tape but since it doesn't happen all the time, it's hard to fix.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:28 PM

C350
I like the look of the C more, but I have to say the audi is up there too in terms of looks
Old 07-08-2009, 10:26 PM

C3004Matic Sport, Blk on Blk, Pano, P1, MMC, Ipod
Yes, problems.

Last week driving on the Parkway my windshield wipers stopped. dead. In a good downpour. Luckily the parkway was slow and crowded was only doing about 55. Made it over to the right lane and drove up to the svc area at the Union tolls. At that time it was bumper to bumper and onl 25-30 so I could keep my lane. There I found out the owner's manual is a stone cold liar. I mean, you figure it is a fuse, right? Well, the owners manual says the main fuse box is in the passenger compartment, to the left of the driver's dash (must open door to access the access panel). So I do this and find there's no fuses there. Yeah, I thought I was on the crack pipe again. But I weren't or wasn't and never have been. So i check the fuses in the engine bay and the trunk. great, at least they're where the manual says they're supposed to be, but no fuse map! I look bag to the lying sack of **** manual which says the fuse map is on the inside of the access panel to the main fuse box, which is the aforementioned non-existant fuse panel in the left dash. For ****s and giggles I open the panel thinking that maybe the krauts forgot to put the fuses there but did put the fuse map there? Nope, or nein or nyet. So, hows I'm gonna pull 30 fuses in the engine bay and 30 fuses in the trunk, and not know what's a spare, in the rain? Ain'tgonnahappen.com

So I call MB road service, I mean I bought a Merc, right? Nope. The parkway, like the turnpike is alimited access road. Not merc's fault, but still sucks. So I tell the nice telephone lady I'll just drive up through the union tolls and get on Route 78, not a limited access highway. Soes I do dis, but the rain stopped and I just kept driving home on 78 to Morristown. Great, but I do need the wipers fixed since it was contininuing forecast to rain. Soes I call mercedes of morristown service center (the dealer where I bought the turd from and where I live a mile from) and explain that I had a bit of an emergency, roadside assist couldn't help, but since I'm okay for now hows about I bring it in the morning. They say no, there's no open appointments. Yeah. So I ask if I have to go thru roadside assist. I'm told that I gotta do what I gotta do. Jersey Girls are all class.

So I call roadside assist back. They say they'll send someone to my home. They do. Joy! He's from mercedes benz of morristown! Oh, the irony, the irony. I'm willing to bring the car to them during regular business hours to save them a buck for what's probably a fuse, and they'd rather send someone to me at 8pm!!! Well, the very nice dude (he was very nice) checked it out and discovered it wasn't a fuse. I also pointed out to him the phantom master fuse box in the dash, complete with citation to the owner's manual, he laughed his *** off. Well, it wasn't the fuse, the wipers were plain busted. And, he told me to bring it in the next day to the service center. Which I did. Where I waited 3 hours since no more loaners and whereupon they told me it wasn't the motor or the assembly, but needed to be "reset" whatever that means. They said it was a electronic glitch/program that needed to be reset. I dunno, didn't think wipers were electronically controlled by a chip, so sounds to me like like some superglue and bubblegum is holding the wiper assembly together on my car, but I'll trust them this time. Plus, I now have experience driving 55 in heavy traffic and heavy rain when the wipers go on you.

Oh yeah, the coolant problem. For my recent service B they diagnosed and found the lower coolant hose at the resevoir had a faulty clamp. COuldn't hold pressure.

And then there's the transmission program reflash with installation of new program. Dunno if that's a repair, but me belives there's a tsb on it. They fixed that on my recent service b too after verifying it was slow like molasses.

But they refused me the steering clunk on full turn. Said its normal. I argued there's a tsb on it too. They said no. I dunno for sure if there is, but had heard here there was a tsb.

So, those are my probs, except for the worst problem of them all. Getting my clock cleaned by priuses, insights, smart cars, and other assorted slow poke mf's. I mean, really, I can only get the AWD (4matic) in the 300 with automatic? Canada at least has the 350 4matic, so it's not a question of transmission not being able to handle the load. This car weighs in at like 5500 pounds or something stoopid like that and they put in a slush box mated to an older mill with only about 250 gerbils for power? Next car is either the E class or an audi. 'Nuf of this ****.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic Wagon, 2013 C350 4Matic Sedan
Had my car for 20 months and (only) 20,000km. Two mechanical problems:

(1) Car was not firing on all cylinders one cold day. After shutting the car down and restarting, everything back to normal. No known cause, nothing on the ODBII. Could be frozen fuel line? I don't know.

(2). Heater blower clogged with ice causing fan to seize. Once temperature warmed up (parked the car in the sun for a few hours) everyhing was fine.

I guess MB expects it's owners to park their cars indoors during the winter.

Cracked lower mesh grill and driver's side rearview mirror turn signal lens. Both thanks to road debris.

Still the most reliable car I have owned thus far (and that includes two A4 1.8T's).
Old 07-08-2009, 11:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 C200 AMG line, '08 C300 Sport Avantgarde, '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd, '02 CLK 200 (gone)
My C300 sport is right at one year old. No problems at all. Love her.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:42 PM

2008 c350
there have been several issues with my car as well. the sunroof stutters when i try to close it, resetting it by holding the close button all the way in for a few seconds didn't fix it. one touch feature wouldn't work. also my strut bearings were bad so it would make noise when i turned the wheel lock to lock, especially in reverse. my transmission also miss shifted at low speeds. The alternator belt squealed once in a while too. All the issues minus the transmission issues were resolved after I took it in for warranty repairs. As a former tuner these issues didn't bother me too much. I knew there were problemes that could be fixed easily as long as they can be replicated by the technicians at the dealership. I've taken bits and pieces of my car apart just to examine how it was built and i have to say, the new w204 is built very well. they definitely did not cut corners on this car.

the a4 and c-class are two very different cars. I also used to service audi, vw and Porsche. i would only consider those cars if it was a lease, they seem to be much more problematic than most others.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14' CLS550
Ok I've had a few problems but nothing major.. 1st was my sun roof it wasn't opening or closing. Smoothly the dealer fixed that no prob.. 2nd the ignition when I turn the key 2 fast 2 start the car it won't start.. And 3rd recently I'm gettting a squeak from under the hood sounds like a belt.. But I love this car!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:17 AM

2009 C300 Sport 4matic
We've had our '09 C300 Sport 4matic for almost a year and haven't had any major problems. We've had the transmission software updated, due to a noticeable lag when shifting into reverse, and the rear brake pads were generating a lot of dust. Both issues were corrected by the dealer. I wish the iPod intergration feature was better executed. My wife did ruin a front wheel and tire when she hit a huge pothole.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:51 PM

Received 98 Likes on 76 Posts
325Ci, 325Cic, C300
15 months, 28k miles, all is well. There's a knock when turning lock-to-lock while going in reverse on really gritty surfaces. It's probably nothing, but i'll have that looked at anyway before the warranty expires.

Like the others have already chimed in, loving the car for sure.

Paolo
Old 07-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Almost a Member!

2008 C350 Palladium Silver
I had a software problem which left me in what I think was 5th gear. It was fixed with a software upgrade, so nothing major.... I love this car otherwise!
Old 07-10-2009, 01:11 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
NJ tales

Originally Posted by 430752
Yes, problems.

Last week driving on the Parkway my windshield wipers stopped. dead. In a good downpour. Luckily the parkway was slow and crowded.....big snip....... Next car is either the E class or an audi. 'Nuf of this ****.
Izzat you, Pauly?