C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

How to remove side markers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2009 | 12:05 AM

Very FAST!
How to remove side markers?

I looked on the DIY and either missed it, or wasn't listed, but what is the process for changing out the yellow side makers with the clears? I ordered the clears, however no directions. Also, ordered the stealth bulbs, and I am unsure of how to install as well. I am new to the whole MB type car (coming from an H2) so any help is greatly appreciated...Thanks...Jamie
Old 09-03-2009 | 12:23 AM

'09 C300 4Matic Sport
You have to do it from inside the bumper. First you have to open up the wheel well. The black plastic part of the wheel well is held on with black plastic rivets. These are 2-piece. First use something flat (I used a flat screwdriver) to remove the center/round piece of the rivet. Once the middle is out you can easily take out the rest. I believe there are 3 rivets that need to come out. Once you remove them you can pull back the black plastic and you'll see the inside of the side marker lights. Twist out the bulb and pop out the original side marker. Once the original side marker is out you can install the clear one...you'll have to make sure it clips into the bracket or else it won't hold. Once it's secure just put the bulb back through and twist to lock.

Hope that makes sense lol
Old 09-03-2009 | 01:06 AM

Very FAST!
Originally Posted by NJBNZ
You have to do it from inside the bumper. First you have to open up the wheel well. The black plastic part of the wheel well is held on with black plastic rivets. These are 2-piece. First use something flat (I used a flat screwdriver) to remove the center/round piece of the rivet. Once the middle is out you can easily take out the rest. I believe there are 3 rivets that need to come out. Once you remove them you can pull back the black plastic and you'll see the inside of the side marker lights. Twist out the bulb and pop out the original side marker. Once the original side marker is out you can install the clear one...you'll have to make sure it clips into the bracket or else it won't hold. Once it's secure just put the bulb back through and twist to lock.

Hope that makes sense lol

I really appreciate the info. Thank you. Is it necessary to remove the wheel to accomplish this?
Old 09-03-2009 | 01:36 AM

2009 C350, 2003 Jetta TDI
Originally Posted by jmsspratlin
I really appreciate the info. Thank you. Is it necessary to remove the wheel to accomplish this?
I just did this all you have to do is turn the wheel in so you have more room. I also needed a torx screw to take out the light.
Old 09-03-2009 | 02:22 AM

Very FAST!
Originally Posted by guppyy
I just did this all you have to do is turn the wheel in so you have more room. I also needed a torx screw to take out the light.

Thanks. I plan to get these changed in the AM.
Old 09-03-2009 | 09:25 AM

'09 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by jmsspratlin
No you don't have to completely remove it...Just turn the wheel so you have some extra room and pull the wheel well back after removing the 3 rivets
Old 09-03-2009 | 12:05 PM

GLA45 AMG, GLC43 AMG
look here

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...installed.html
Old 09-05-2009 | 03:14 AM

Very FAST!
Got it all done, looks great, thanks for the help guys. Next I plan to find some black wheels. I have the Artic White 2009 C300 so I think it would fit.
Old 09-15-2009 | 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Easy Job!

Here is smoked on Palladium. Lights from Goodstuffs on Ebay. 20 minutes total.

Attached Thumbnails How to remove side markers?-img00162.jpg   How to remove side markers?-img00163.jpg