C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Vegas Locals: Do not use Notorious Motorsports for tint.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Vegas Locals: Do not use Notorious Motorsports for tint.

Notorious Motorsports on Grand Canyon and Tropicana tinted my RDX last year without incident. I let them tint my C63 and they cut up two window moldings. On the right rear, where they were trimming the the film, they made some cuts to the glass run channel molding. It is just a minor cosmetic thing that I could live with. On my front passenger run channel molding, they must have scored/cut the molding where it wasn't noticeable. I took the car out for the first time on an extended road trip on the freeway. At 80 mph, I occasionally heard a slight "flutter/rattle" sound coming from the passenger front window. Later, I punched it to 130 to open her up and I heard a loud rattling/flapping noise. My wife looks out the window and she saw the rubber molding separating and flapping against the side window.

I took it back to Notorious and they said it was a factory defect. I brought up the jagged cuts that look like a razor going up and down to trim film and they said it was a factory defect. Mind you, I checked all of my moldings before I took it in because another tint shop in Vegas cut my moldings when they did my w203. Notorious told me to take it to the dealer and have them either "goodwill it" or cover under warranty and if MBUSA will not cover it, I should come back and speak with them. I told Notorious it is still BS and not the responsiblity of MBUSA to cover it and they should step up and take care of it rather than have me go to the dealer first. Long story short, the dealer covered the torn molding under warranty. I was conversing with Moparrbust about this and he had a client's Aston Martin Vanquish that he had to redo work on the hood and painted wheels because Notorious did not do the work properly the first time.

The overall tint job was done nicely, just the denial and taking responsibility of the damage they caused is frustrating. Proceed with caution if you want them to do any work on your car.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
It sounds like the name "Notorious" fits them well...
Old 09-08-2009, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOL....I guess "Notorious" could go both ways.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 4MATIC (w204)
I had mine done at Lexus of Las Vegas. Paid the guy under the table $160 for 5%. I even waited in the waiting room eating there cookies and drinking their latte's. lol.

Turned out real good...but i expected it too since he works for lexus.

FYI - most professional tint places do not cut on the car anymore. They use a computerized plotter/cutter and precut the kits before install. There are a few companies that provide the software and updates the database of cars as they come out.

Last edited by TheDarkSide; 09-09-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TheDarkSide
I had mine done at Lexus of Las Vegas. Paid the guy under the table $160 for 5%. I even waited in the waiting room eating there cookies and drinking their latte's. lol.

FYI - most professional tint places do not cut on the car anymore. They use a computerized plotter/cutter and precut the kits before install. There are a few companies that provide the software and updates the database of cars as they come out.
I really like the Lexus and Acura dealer(s) on Sahara since you can walk in and eat the snacks and drink. Too bad Fleecer Jones doesn't have any refreshments for their customers like that.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes C350

Yes those precuts are the best, they are a little more expensive but you know your are getting a excellent job. I paid 160 for mine in FL.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:37 PM

C300 4MATIC (w204)
Originally Posted by Sincity
I really like the Lexus and Acura dealer(s) on Sahara since you can walk in and eat the snacks and drink. Too bad Fleecer Jones doesn't have any refreshments for their customers like that.
Yea, I luv Lexus's cookies! lol.

Btw - The my finished product will be in next week if you want to still meet up and test fit on your 63. Hopefully it will fit on the 63!
Old 09-11-2009, 12:04 AM

C204
The shop that tinted my C3 ended up leaving a cut mark going straight down in one of my rear windows. It seemed like the guy wasn't going to plan on telling me about it up until I threw him a tip for a job that was supposedly well done. His excuse was that the dealership must have cut up the window while peeling off the MSRP sticker . . He was generous enough in letting me know he can take the tint off and that MBUSA would cover it under warranty . . either them or my insurance company? I wasn't planning on arguing with the guy over who's to blame for the cut in the window but I am 99% sure it wasn't there when I picked the car up from the dealer. I'd expect those types of mishaps to happen at cheap tint shops, not at place where you're paying above normal prices to have the tint done.

My windsheild is another mess in itself aswell. Different place than the one mentioned above but still a reputable shop in the city that did a terrible job. I've spoke with the owner and whenever I have a chance I'll be dropping the car off to have the windsheild re-done.

You're not the only one man . .
Old 09-11-2009, 04:17 AM

2008 C300 SPORT (white)
wow $160

we have to pay around 290 euro ($423) for TUV(street legal) tint jobs in Germany. AND ITS ONLY FOR THE REAR OF THE CAR, drivers and front passenger door tints are not legal in Germany.

And thats why mine is not tinted yet.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Btw - The my finished product will be in next week if you want to still meet up and test fit on your 63. Hopefully it will fit on the 63!
They actually did a good job installing the tint. What pisses me off is that they did not own up to the damage they caused.

You're not the only one man . .
My w203 had it worse from another shop in Vegas. These cuts were obvious, but it didn't bother me too much. That owner "owned up" to it and he agreed on having another vehicle tinted for free in lieu of replacing the moldings.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 White on Stone E320
If you drop more than $20k on a car, you shouldn't be taking it to some amateur place where they cut on your car. Any cost savings cannot be worth it. I mean, I can see you doing it on a beater/commuter car, but not on a moderately expensive car and definitely not on a luxury car like a Mercedes.