C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Any tuning options for C300??

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C300 Sport and a few others...
Any tuning options for C300??

I searched but didnt find anything that helped me out...
soo.

I know the C300 isnt the best platform to start with for tuning, but i am wondering if anyone has had any success with some type of ECU reflash or something besides slapping on an exhaust and x pipe and calling it a day..
I know people are gonna say just go buy a c350 or c63..

I am just wondering if anyone has made any power gains with a c300...

I know there are tons of ecu reflashes that you can have done on a C63 and get instant hp with nothing else done to the car..so is it possible with a C300? I mean i know it wouldnt make the power of a c63 or anything crazy but just to get some extra hp would be nice..
Old 09-12-2009, 06:05 PM

C350 Sport
Originally Posted by C300pilot
I searched but didnt find anything that helped me out...
soo.

I know the C300 isnt the best platform to start with for tuning, but i am wondering if anyone has had any success with some type of ECU reflash or something besides slapping on an exhaust and x pipe and calling it a day..
I know people are gonna say just go buy a c350 or c63..

I am just wondering if anyone has made any power gains with a c300...

I know there are tons of ecu reflashes that you can have done on a C63 and get instant hp with nothing else done to the car..so is it possible with a C300? I mean i know it wouldnt make the power of a c63 or anything crazy but just to get some extra hp would be nice..
I think for the money its not worth it, you're better off picking up a used C350 and starting with the better motor, even then its still not really worth modding unless you're willing to dump a lot of money into it to go forced induction. Most any real horse power gainers out there are going to be custom since there's not a big market for anything more then basic exhaust pieces and random "chips" that claim very high gains.

Being that it is a Mercedes C class, if you do mod it the more stuff you do the harder it will be to sell it. If I was looking at a used C class and saw any sign of it being modded, I wouldn't think twice to walk away.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Tuning will be available at some point and the C300 has an advantage in that it can run multiple fuel types with proper tune. Agreed, get a C350 if you want gains. But, if you just want to spruce up your C300, stay patient and a tune will be out.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:25 PM

C350 Sport
Originally Posted by jangy
Tuning will be available at some point and the C300 has an advantage in that it can run multiple fuel types with proper tune. Agreed, get a C350 if you want gains. But, if you just want to spruce up your C300, stay patient and a tune will be out.
What do you mean by multiple fuel types?
Old 09-12-2009, 09:03 PM

^^^^ from the factory the C300 is ready to run E85 if you have that type of fuel available in your area...manual says to just run the regular unlkeaded down to half tank or below, then fill car with E85 and let it idle for 5 minutes and your good to go...then you can just switch back to regular unleaded if E85 is no longer avail.
The C350 doesnt have the ability to do this..and for some reason I think the C300 4matic cant do that either..when i test drove the c300 i drove a 4matic(knowing i wanted rwd) and i asked about that, and the salesman said he never heard that on the 4matic and the car i was driving was his personal car...i assumed he would know...

Back to the tuning part..i am stuck with this car for now, and when it came time to buy this car there werent any 350's avail. or i would have to wait 3 months and i couldnt do that...but i really have no regrets with the c300..its feels more powerful then 227 hp i can say that..and its fun to drive..
I did lease the car so selling it isnt something i am worried about..Also i have leased cars before and have done some tuning and mods to them and just gave them back the way they were...As long as they didnt have different rims or noticeable body changes, noone knew anything..

I do plan to take this car on some local open road course events, so maybe some better throttle response and a little more tq and it would be alot of fun..im not looking for huge gains..lol i just have to modify everything i have
I have a garage queen twin turbo Supra thats about 500hp, i do take it on the track sometimes..Im used to turbo lag, and thats the car i use if i wanna go fast..it will be something different to drive na car on the road course..
Old 09-12-2009, 09:26 PM

a g
Anything is possible with money. There was these links posted a while back.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ep-secret.html

That thread has these links:

http://www.eisenhaus.com/ehdetails.p...=62&Submit.y=6

http://www.gmpperformance.com/index.cfm?PG=byVehicle
Old 09-12-2009, 11:52 PM

C350 Sport
Originally Posted by RedG
Anything is possible with money. There was these links posted a while back.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ep-secret.html

That thread has these links:

http://www.eisenhaus.com/ehdetails.p...=62&Submit.y=6

http://www.gmpperformance.com/index.cfm?PG=byVehicle
After searching around I've found that yup, the C300/C350 has very little after market support.

ecu reflash
big brake kits
1 cam that installed would run you around 3000-3500
random exhaust parts
wheels lots and lots of wheels
Best thing I could find is the $2655.00 exhaust system.

Most of it is geared towards the C63 not the C300/350

I think the main reason is why make parts for people to sink 10-15K into a C350/C300 when that same person could easily get into a bone stock 451hp C63

I can't really see a big market for big ticket big hp gain after market parts.

I do plan to take this car on some local open road course events, so maybe some better throttle response and a little more tq and it would be alot of fun..im not looking for huge gains..lol i just have to modify everything i have
I have a garage queen twin turbo Supra thats about 500hp, i do take it on the track sometimes..Im used to turbo lag, and thats the car i use if i wanna go fast..it will be something different to drive na car on the road course..
Why so much lag for only 500WHP? you should be able to size those turbos to have no lag at all at that power range. I have a full trim GT35R on my Nissan, at any point in 1st or 2nd gear if I floor it the tires spin. only time I'll notice lag is if I put the car at a higher gear with the RPMs at a lower then normal range then get on it. but any car will do that, even N/A 4th gear at 3K rpm and it will feel slow until it gets into a better power range.

My idea of a good N/A road car is to find a trashed civic, rip everything out of it put a GSR motor/trans into it, add a great suspension then call it a day. It would be cool to see what a C300 can do but I have a feeling it might easily get over run by other cars in its class.

If I had a C300 and really wanted to mod it. I would find an exhaust shop to do a full exhaust with racing cats or swappable test pipes, replace the air filters, then find someone who can tune Mercedes and have them dyno tune the car to make the most out of the intake/exhaust as with smoothing out the powerband.

If I really wanted to have fun I'd send it off to one of the shops I've delt with when building my Z and have them build a custom turbo kit for the car.

Good luck with the car, if you do road race it, make sure you post pictures, videos and stats as to how it did. A lot of people on this forum seem to just want a car that sounds cooler, it would be nice to see some legit performace post.

Last edited by jeffie7; 09-12-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:04 PM

^^^^ yeah i use cars for what they were made to do...i didnt get the sport package so i could commute in traffic to work....Im probably gonna go througha few sets of tires and some brake pads..so look for me in the future askin what type of brake pads people have used and how well do stock ones compare and all that...
as for now im gona take it on the track bone stock and see how much it will take the go from there...to be honest tho its pretty good in stock trim..its got good response, the gearbox is smoothe and quick on upshifts..i just wish it could downshift faster and smoother...without this im thinkin this car will be a challange on the road course..

as for the supra..im making that power with the stock turbos...when i say lag i dont mean i have no power to 4k rpms or anything like that..
the stockers are small and with the stock sequential setup there is very little lag..but the reality is the stock turbos arent ball bearing or anything fancy..any turbo car will have some lag out of any turn..its nothing like a honda with ITB's or anything that crazy...
the reason i am still with the stock turbos is for reliability and driveablity with the car as well..I like to just get in the car, turn the key and go..When you get into single setups and real tuning it can get complicated..
I have a friend with a mild single setup and stock ecu and he still has small problems..Ive had my car this way for 4 years and its never once not started or left me standed..
but anyway back to the c300.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:19 PM

C350 Sport
Originally Posted by C300pilot

as for the supra..im making that power with the stock turbos...when i say lag i dont mean i have no power to 4k rpms or anything like that..
the stockers are small and with the stock sequential setup there is very little lag..but the reality is the stock turbos arent ball bearing or anything fancy..any turbo car will have some lag out of any turn..its nothing like a honda with ITB's or anything that crazy...
the reason i am still with the stock turbos is for reliability and driveablity with the car as well..I like to just get in the car, turn the key and go..When you get into single setups and real tuning it can get complicated..
I have a friend with a mild single setup and stock ecu and he still has small problems..Ive had my car this way for 4 years and its never once not started or left me standed..
but anyway back to the c300.
I have to ease into the throttle out of the turns or I'll end up losing the car, if the car is in the right gear you really shouldn't notice anything lab wise. You said 500ish, have you ever dynoed the car?

I doubt you'll find much on here about different brake pads, people on here are not to mod friendly other then the basics, you might want to look into if Hawks makes some pads for the C300, I'm thinking about trying them on my next go around since the dust is a lighter color and doesn't seem to show anywhere near as much, I ran hawk pads on my old brembo setup (Acura TL) and I also run them on my 350z, never had any real test on how good they work other then real life street use. The TL never had any braking issues, however my Z with the stock rotors/lines/calibers does start to fade pretty bad even with the hawks. Stock for stock the C350 (what I have) has much better brakes then the 350Z outside of the track version (stock with brembos)

I think your best bet for modding is to try and find a C63 owner who is upgrading his car and try to buy as many stock C63 parts as you can, I'm not sure if its a direct bolt on for the C300/C350 but I would assume a good bit of it (not engine related) would be. like brakes and suspenion.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:04 PM

E92 M3
I know Evolve Automotive is working on one for the C-Class platform. Myself and Urban Customs will be working with them on seeing what is possible with them
Old 08-09-2016, 03:37 AM

C300
I'm getting tune tomorrow from vrtuned I got a 08 c300
x-pipe
Sprint booster
Vrtuned stage 1 tune
Old 08-09-2016, 10:03 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
14' E63S
When the poster before you revives a 4 year old thread, and now, you revive a 3 year old thread:s mash:.