C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

just got a new 09 c300!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 c300
just got a new 09 c300!!!

and so far i love it. thanks to everyone for the advice i received here. looks and drives great!!

just a few questions on maintenance...any suggestions as to how best maintain the paint and exterior look? and are there any good websites that have best recommended miles for replacing things like tires, brakes, getting oil changes, etc specifically for this car so i can really keep track of everything. i want to keep it as long as possible and in the best shape (both interior and exterior).

thanks again!
Old 09-12-2009, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Carrara White Metallic Porsche Cayman
Originally Posted by scdn2
and so far i love it. thanks to everyone for the advice i received here. looks and drives great!!

just a few questions on maintenance...any suggestions as to how best maintain the paint and exterior look? and are there any good websites that have best recommended miles for replacing things like tires, brakes, getting oil changes, etc specifically for this car so i can really keep track of everything. i want to keep it as long as possible and in the best shape (both interior and exterior).

thanks again!
Congrats!!!!!!

Paint and exterior should hold up pretty well..the paint is high quality. just wax it every once in a while and wash it properly. Did you get black? if so...get used to it looking dirty, haha.

Brakes and tires aren't replaced according to a schedule. It depends on how and how much you drive. When you bring the car in for maintenance they'll let you know when it's time to replace the tires. The car tells you when the brakes need to be replaced..and it also tells you when it's due for an oil change. It will pop up as a message in the display.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:04 PM

09 c300
Originally Posted by C300Kid
Congrats!!!!!!

Paint and exterior should hold up pretty well..the paint is high quality. just wax it every once in a while and wash it properly. Did you get black? if so...get used to it looking dirty, haha.
yeah i did get black...it looks so nice

for washing it, are the hand wash places bad? how about the automatic drive through ones? i want that shiny black to look shiny for as long as possible.

Brakes and tires aren't replaced according to a schedule. It depends on how and how much you drive. When you bring the car in for maintenance they'll let you know when it's time to replace the tires. The car tells you when the brakes need to be replaced..and it also tells you when it's due for an oil change. It will pop up as a message in the display.
ok cool. thanks.

(any idea approx how many miles they are?)
Old 09-12-2009, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Carrara White Metallic Porsche Cayman
Originally Posted by scdn2
yeah i did get black...it looks so nice

for washing it, are the hand wash places bad? how about the automatic drive through ones? i want that shiny black to look shiny for as long as possible.

ok cool. thanks.

(any idea approx how many miles they are?)
i like to wash my car myself but thats just me. i dunno about the hand wash places..depends on which one i guess. just make sure they use something that wont scratch the black and dry it with a very soft towel..like microfiber.

and I think the first oil change is at either 1 year or 10k miles..whichever comes first.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99 W210 E55
clear bra the front bumper, hood, fender to avoid rock chips..
Old 09-13-2009, 01:47 AM

09 c300
Originally Posted by ulovemybenzo
clear bra the front bumper, hood, fender to avoid rock chips..
what exactly is clear bra?
Old 09-13-2009, 02:24 AM

c300
clear bra is like a heavy duty clear sticker that covers the front bumper and etc to protect from rock chips the sticker is made of vinyl
Old 09-13-2009, 08:00 AM

2009 MB C300
http://www.lamin-x.com/

Got the fog light covers (@20.00) after one of them got a crack....great stuff.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
I was pretty tempted to get the clear bra, since my front end is already getting noticably chipped from rocks and road debris driving at top speeds.. but there is already visible rock marks on my fender, and I don't think it would install without bubbling.

Once I move from Germany, I'll do a light sand to even out the rock marks, touchup the paint, and put a fresh clear coat on the bumper.. for about the same price.

I did however order the light kit (Gunsmoke headlight + 40 mil Fog) for $55. Pays for itself once it avoids a crack, and I think the gunsmoke headlights will look nice.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:11 PM

09 c300
where do i get clear bra? does someone install it? how much does it cost?