C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

good price for a 2010?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 sport
good price for a 2010?

hey all. I posted here a while back about buying a demo. After some serious debate we opted to pass on the deal.
Anyhow, my latest opportunity from the local dealership has come to light. After about 5 trips to the dealership looking at different cars, they are pretty sick of us (understandably).
The sales manager asked us what exactly we wanted in a car. We told him 4matic sport,P1, multimedia,burl walnut and iPod. pretty basic. he priced it out at $42k about $1200 under MSRP.
Wife and i said we would consider it and left it at that. The salesman and manager are both very good guys and i would be happy to buy through them.
Fast forward to the next day. I get a call from the salesman stating they actually ordered the exact car we wanted for their inventory. Pretty cool I thought.
This price is right in line with edmunds. any thoughts?
Old 10-18-2009, 02:47 AM

2010 c300 4matic white
Are you a member with USAA by any chance? It's a military bank and insurance company. If you were ever active duty youde know about it. Anyway, if you are, you're elegible for a SIGNIFICANT discount. $3-4000 off of MSRP........
Old 10-18-2009, 09:38 AM

2013 E350 4MATIC
Be sure to work through the Internet sales team with another dealer within driving distance. That competitive bid will be around $4-5K in discount. buying these cars at invoice is common. Depending on MB dealer incentives, some have bought them for under invoice.

There are good dealer incentives due to the economy. $1200 under invoice seems excellent!

-David
Old 10-18-2009, 07:38 PM

C300 sport
Originally Posted by dw8083
$1200 under invoice seems excellent!

-David
Thanks for the replies, they are only offering me 1200 off the MSRP. I don't even know what the "invoice" price is.
This is how this dealership works. It's $1200 off on any car, take it, leave it, sing, dance, do cartwheels on the showroom floor, that's the price. New, used, it's all the same. I like the dealership, and the sales team, just not crazy about the pricing. They ARE the only game in town for real Lux cars, and they have a large base of Very wealthy customers. They could care less about middle class people like myself who will never afford anything more than their entry level car. That is by no means a rant, or complaint, just stating the facts. They have been in business as long as my 39 year old **** can remember, so they must be doing something right.
I am weighing the option of buying elsewhere, but the other dealerships are pretty far. I know the local dealership will not think kindly if I show up at the service dept. with a car bought elsewhere.
My other options are the infiniti g37, or an audi a4. We really don't want a nissan or a VW if you know what I mean. I can get an 09 g37x sport for over 10k less than MSRP. If it looked german on the outside, I wouldn't even be typing right now.
edit: Yankyfan, unfortunately, I'm not eligible, but thanks for bringing it to light.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:53 PM

2009 C300 4matic
I just cannot think this is a good deal (as the other posters are suggesting). I just bought 09 c300 4 matic with wood for $30500. That's over $7000 off MSRP or $5200 UNDER invoice. Others are getting even better!!!

Just for fun, I checked with my USAA id and can get the identical car with your specs for $40,100 so yes, the deal can definitely be sweeter, please be will to travel across state line......

Last edited by ktrinh; 10-18-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:04 PM

C300 sport
Originally Posted by ktrinh
I just cannot think this is a good deal (as the other posters are suggesting). I just bought 09 c300 4 matic with wood for $30500. That's over $7000 off MSRP or $5200 UNDER invoice. Others are getting even better!!!

Just for fun, I checked with my USAA id and can get the identical car with your specs for $40,100 so yes, the deal can definitely be sweeter, please be will to travel across state line......
thanks, good luck with your new car as well. seems like any brand 09 is a good deal. The 10's however are a different animal.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Hey Hoops,

Where are you located? I was priced a 2010 c350 loaded like my 09 for invoice. I am located in NYC and I drove to PA for my car. You shouldn't have any issues with the service department because they are separate from the Sales side of the business. What's the worse they can do to you? Not give you the 10% valued customer discount or give you a loaner? For the amount of $$ you can save by shopping a bit farther, you should make the drive. Think of it as free service A and B's for a few years. :-D
Old 10-19-2009, 10:07 PM

C300 sport
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
Hey Hoops,

Where are you located? I was priced a 2010 c350 loaded like my 09 for invoice. I am located in NYC and I drove to PA for my car. You shouldn't have any issues with the service department because they are separate from the Sales side of the business. What's the worse they can do to you? Not give you the 10% valued customer discount or give you a loaner? For the amount of $$ you can save by shopping a bit farther, you should make the drive. Think of it as free service A and B's for a few years. :-D
thanks,
I have contacted a different dealer, and they claim to be very aggresive with pricing this month... fingers crossed, hopefully go look at a car this weekend.
by the way, I'm on Cape Cod in MA.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BTW...Use www.carsdirect.com instead of edmunds. I find them to be more accurate in terms of taking into account the actual incentives that mercedes offers. Good luck and feel free to keep me informed on how this all works out!! :-D
Old 10-20-2009, 02:07 AM

C300 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by Hoopa70
thanks,
I have contacted a different dealer, and they claim to be very aggresive with pricing this month... fingers crossed, hopefully go look at a car this weekend.
by the way, I'm on Cape Cod in MA.
I'll bet you'll have good news to report by the end of the wknd, Hoopa. Calling another dealership that's not local to you means very little BS because you can just tell then you're not driving outta your way for nothing so they should at least give you a fairly strong starting number that beats your current offer.
Last I checked, Cash For Clunkers is over so cars aren't exactly flying off the lots anymore. Yes, I agree that you won't get a 2010 for the huge discounts we discussed previously, but you should be able to get invoice or close to it.
Good luck once again!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 06:49 PM

C300 sport
Well, I hope you guys are right about the good news.. Thanks for all the help, i just don't want that "WTF did I just do?" feeling after making the purchase. It is kind of funny that the dealership i am going to this weekend is owned by the same company which owns the infiniti dealership. They both know they are playing against each other for my business..
Old 10-26-2009, 10:07 PM

C300 sport
done deal. black/black sport 4matic
premium 2
multi media
pano roof
invoice, plus first a+b and mercedes picked up the first two months.
probably not the best deal out there but we are pumped!!
Thank you all for the guidance..
Glad it's over and we got the car we REALLY wanted.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

premium 2
multi media
pano roof

Glad everything worked out for you!! If you got a 2010, you definitely got a good deal. Now that you got service A & B all taken care of, you can think of all getting the backup camera and video in motion. :-P

Bet the misses loves that pano roof!!
Old 10-27-2009, 01:34 AM

C300 Sport 6MT
premium 2
multi media
pano roof
Are you kidding? That's a pretty good deal considering we've just "started" with a new model year. Plus, you got A & B thrown in so shave another $500 or more off for a car spec'd the way YOU wanted.
Congrats, enjoy, and... I TOLD YOU SO!!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:45 AM

C300 sport
Yep its a 2010. The dealership is about 75 miles away, Free pick up and delivery on service/warranty. They were great to deal with and had more black c 300's than my local dealership has for their entire lineup of mercedes. NO BS. this was the first car we looked at with pano roof, wasn't on the list of necessary stuff, but it sure is nice. I'll have to read up a little on the back up camera, she's already mentioned wanting it.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:51 AM

2010 ML 350 4MATIC
Yep its a 2010. The dealership is about 75 miles away, Free pick up and delivery on service/warranty. They were great to deal with and had more black c 300's than my local dealership has for their entire lineup of mercedes. NO BS. this was the first car we looked at with pano roof, wasn't on the list of necessary stuff, but it sure is nice. I'll have to read up a little on the back up camera, she's already mentioned wanting it.
Hoopa,

Congrats on the new car.

Could you post the name of the dealership you bought from or the area it is located in.

Thanks
Old 10-27-2009, 10:03 AM

C300 sport
Originally Posted by CO4M
Hoopa,

Congrats on the new car.

Could you post the name of the dealership you bought from or the area it is located in.

Thanks
No problem, I'm in MA. a long way from you.
we bought the car at MB Westwood here in MA.
Good luck